Kodi Community Forum
[Welo skin] - New Skin Mockup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [Welo skin] - New Skin Mockup (/showthread.php?tid=72109)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- welo - 2010-06-22

pettson3816 Wrote:Any news on this skin? Perhaps it's too good to be true? Blush

No, it's coming I just that i have had shit load of work to do so, but I'm planing on working on the welo skin this week sorry it for that it haves been a while I updated.. Blush

- Hitcher - 2010-06-22

Real life gets in the way folks.

- MarkTaunton - 2010-06-22

Just admit it man, you've been skivving off for the World cup lol Just make sure that you do not miss the England game tomorrow though Wink

Can't wait for a beta release for testing.

- Hitcher - 2010-06-22

welo's from Sweden so I don't think he'll be watching England.

- Aenima99x - 2010-06-22

pettson3816 Wrote:Any news on this skin? Perhaps it's too good to be true? Blush

I thought it was such a great look I couldn't wait to have it and decided to work on it for myself. Here's a couple screenshots of the skin....these are coded and working.

- pettson3816 - 2010-06-22

Holy crackhead!! Beautiful, beautiful!

- MarkTaunton - 2010-06-22

Hitcher Wrote:welo's from Sweden so I don't think he'll be watching England.

I know he is, but as we are one of the best football teams around then he can become an honoury English man for the day Wink

- Hitcher - 2010-06-22

I don't think he'll bother if he watched the last performance.

- jmarshall - 2010-06-23

Or the one before that :p

My collegues of English origin have already started filling in the NZ citizenship forms!

Cheers,
Jonathan

- MarkTaunton - 2010-06-23

And too think I did like you Hitcher seeing that you have the comedy strip presents in your screen shots.

We shall do it, just don't think that we shall win it this year.

Still at least Sweden were not in it this year, otherwise we might have had more of a skin delay Wink

- NotShorty - 2010-06-23

Aenima99x Wrote:...these are coded and working.

First I was like Huh but then I was like Big Grin

A few things could use breadcrumb view (i.e. TV Shows > Ghost Hunter) across the top. Also, bigger fonts would probably be much easier to read from my sofa.

The MOVIES TV SHOWS MUSIC PICTURES PROGRAMS WEATHER SETTINGS SHUTDOWN banner across the top is unnecessary if you have a home screen... or do you not have a home screen? That is potentially a really cool concept if it is just a very quick way to toggle between the different libraries. However, I really like the quick pop-up Home menu that Boxee uses, and integrating something similar into XBMC would be awesome in my opinion.

I'm really being picky, so please don't interpret my suggestions as negative criticism. Your mockup looks great and if this is a working skin that we can use soon... that's awesome!

Keep up the great work,
NS

- D0nR0s4 - 2010-06-23

NotShorty Wrote:The MOVIES TV SHOWS MUSIC PICTURES PROGRAMS WEATHER SETTINGS SHUTDOWN banner across the top is unnecessary if you have a home screen... or do you not have a home screen? That is potentially a really cool concept if it is just a very quick way to toggle between the different libraries. However, I really like the quick pop-up Home menu that Boxee uses, and integrating something similar into XBMC would be awesome in my opinion.

If I understand it right, that is the home screen, just showing the selected Movie option with recently added movies Big Grin

- Aenima99x - 2010-06-23

D0nR0sa Wrote:If I understand it right, that is the home screen, just showing the selected Movie option with recently added movies Big Grin
Nope, that is the Movies screen. There is no "Home Screen"

- Aenima99x - 2010-06-23

NotShorty Wrote:First I was like Huh but then I was like Big Grin

A few things could use breadcrumb view (i.e. TV Shows > Ghost Hunter) across the top. Also, bigger fonts would probably be much easier to read from my sofa.
Thanks for the comments. Keep in mind that I haven't gotten down to the details yet. Fonts will be changed and breadcrumb views may be put in as well.
Quote:The MOVIES TV SHOWS MUSIC PICTURES PROGRAMS WEATHER SETTINGS SHUTDOWN banner across the top is unnecessary if you have a home screen... or do you not have a home screen? That is potentially a really cool concept if it is just a very quick way to toggle between the different libraries.
You've got it, there is no traditional "Home Screen". You just toggle between all of the areas using the menu. Everything just slides in/out in the center area.
Quote:I'm really being picky, so please don't interpret my suggestions as negative criticism. Your mockup looks great and if this is a working skin that we can use soon... that's awesome!
I didn't take them as negative at all, constructive comments are definitely appreciated.

- b0z0 - 2010-06-23

You've done a great work !

Hopefully, Welo will be able to provide you PSD files so you can use his textures, fonts... for the skin. I really hope that you'lle be able to bring us a great skin by working together.

(Please excuse me for my bad english)