Kodi Community Forum
[Welo skin] - New Skin Mockup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [Welo skin] - New Skin Mockup (/showthread.php?tid=72109)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- tuckbodi - 2010-08-06

Really, really nice! One thought/comment..have you guys thought about making the shelf/shelf wall color inter-changeable? I like the silver but could see it growing old on me (or maybe it's all the dark colors). It'd be cool to be able to change it via a setting, kinda like how you can change color themes in Alaska. Or maybe even cooler would be the capability to change the shelf texture with a selection (i.e. metal, wood, etc.), like using a repeating background image? Just throwing it out there..

- garg24 - 2010-08-06

Really beautifull Wink

This is the perfect skin for me Nod

- meridius - 2010-08-06

Just watched th latest video it looks quality. I was wanting to ask i noticed that blurays have HD audios will there be a hd audio flag ? like hd-dts and dolby hd audio.

alos will there be a video poster view for the seasons as i seen from your video you have it for the movies and tv shows but woundering if u can pick it for the seasons.

cheers

- Hitcher - 2010-08-06

Only if XBMC can detect them; see ListItem.AudioCodec -

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=InfoLabels

- Hitcher - 2010-08-06

tuckbodi Wrote:Really, really nice! One thought/comment..have you guys thought about making the shelf/shelf wall color inter-changeable? I like the silver but could see it growing old on me (or maybe it's all the dark colors). It'd be cool to be able to change it via a setting, kinda like how you can change color themes in Alaska. Or maybe even cooler would be the capability to change the shelf texture with a selection (i.e. metal, wood, etc.), like using a repeating background image? Just throwing it out there..

We'll leave that to the modders. Wink

- Batemann - 2010-08-06

tuckbodi Wrote:Image

One of the best homescreens ever. In my humble opinion, the home screen would be perfect with a slight kerberos movement on the silver slate.... starting behind the "watch your movies", and fading out to the right.... Shocked

- Hitcher - 2010-08-06

Oh, and you'll be pleased to know it's now running using the fonts found in Confluence and PM3HD so, as long as we get translations from you guys, it'll have Unicode support.

- Hitcher - 2010-08-06

Batemann Wrote:One of the best homescreens ever. In my humble opinion, the home screen would be perfect with a slight kerberos movement on the silver slate.... starting behind the "watch your movies", and fading out to the right.... Shocked

What's a 'kerberos movement'? Huh

- D0nR0s4 - 2010-08-06

I think that background animation that is used in ellipsis. (A toggle in settings somewhere)
I personally dislike it because it would look out of place. Also the blue on that picture is not fitting into the skin imho (same with the wood).
But well, everybody got their own taste.

Oh great progress your doing, I'm really happy your working on the skin Hitcher, so I can be sure it will be quality work.

And Welo, well I have to say every single piece of design i've seen by you so far looks amazing, I guess the Website design and your twitter background are done by yourself? (what a dumb question, I know)

I hope your taking your time and wait with the release until its really done.
Best greetings,
D0nR0sa

PS: I love animations so put as many animations in there as possible (unless they look cheesy or over the top), so the minimum of things is going to "jump" Big Grin
Oh and if I can help with anything let me know

- >>X<< - 2010-08-06

Hitcher Wrote:We'll leave that to the modders. Wink

There's plenty of them in this thread Shocked

- Japaja - 2010-08-08

I can wait if this skin comes before Duke Nukem Forever. Smile

Right-to-Left Support - chupy - 2010-08-08

Hitcher Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=77913

Thanks Hitcher. Although I am actually referring to the skin font. As far as I know, the arial font is used for the subtitles, but not for movie names/track information, movie info etc. These use the skin font - so would you happen to know if this skin will be able to display right-to-left languages?

Thanks again!

- Hitcher - 2010-08-08

chupy Wrote:Thanks Hitcher. Although I am actually referring to the skin font. As far as I know, the arial font is used for the subtitles, but not for movie names/track information, movie info etc. These use the skin font - so would you happen to know if this skin will be able to display right-to-left languages?

Thanks again!

Hitcher Wrote:Oh, and you'll be pleased to know it's now running using the fonts found in Confluence and PM3HD so, as long as we get translations from you guys, it'll have Unicode support.

So if they work in the default skins they'll work for Welo.

- craigd - 2010-08-08

keep being amazed by the look of this skin, and so happy hitchers on board as a former aeon, current alaska user.

Had one query, are logos being planned to be integrated into the tv views?

noticed on the spartacus screen that it's using poster in the pause view and wondered if there's plans to support logos as an alternate.

- Hitcher - 2010-08-08

craigd Wrote:keep being amazed by the look of this skin, and so happy hitchers on board as a former aeon, current alaska user.

Had one query, are logos being planned to be integrated into the tv views?

noticed on the spartacus screen that it's using poster in the pause view and wondered if there's plans to support logos as an alternate.
I don't plan on using them, mainly because I want everything to work 'out of the box' without the need for the user to do any work and also because I don't find them that aesthetically appealing in a skin, but I'm sure we'll see mods.