Kodi Community Forum
[Welo skin] - New Skin Mockup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [Welo skin] - New Skin Mockup (/showthread.php?tid=72109)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- esteyo - 2010-05-19

the movies view is just perfect as it is! i love it! cant wait! youre awesome welo!!

- NotShorty - 2010-05-20

welo Wrote:Image

This looks fantastic. Please keep 2 rows like this!

One request/suggestion: Make the bottom part more minimalistic. If you had just movie title, running time, and tags (dolby digital, pg-13, etc.) I think it would look less cluttered and also run better on Atom/Ion systems which a lot of people are favoring these days. Or maybe even have a way to toggle between Full and Lite versions of the skin...

I tried to make a quick mockup, but my photoshop skills are a little rusty Smile

NS

- welo - 2010-05-20

Wow thanks for all the nice comments and and work you have done inspired from the welo skin Big Grin well i have some new screens coming up tonight (i hope).

- welo - 2010-05-20

Well i just update whit a new screen the first one of the menu butt i don't know how i feel about so there is most likely coming some changes to it, cant really putt my finger on it but something need's to be done to it. So any suggestions are more then welcome but i hope you like it over all Smile

- MaDDoGo - 2010-05-20

1 word: Spectacular!

- kurnalbert - 2010-05-20

welo Wrote:Well i just update whit a new screen the first one of the menu butt i don't know how i feel about so there is most likely coming some changes to it, cant really putt my finger on it but something need's to be done to it. So any suggestions are more then welcome but i hope you like it over all Smile

Absolutely love the home menu. Only question, are you planning on having a brief description beneath the title of the latest added film? Otherwise I am loving absolutely everything about this skin!

- Hitcher - 2010-05-21

welo Wrote:Well i just update whit a new screen the first one of the menu butt i don't know how i feel about so there is most likely coming some changes to it, cant really putt my finger on it but something need's to be done to it. So any suggestions are more then welcome but i hope you like it over all Smile
I think it's the popcorn, posters, etc laid out on the shelf that spoil it for me but apart from that it's perfect - especially love the sellotaped posters.

- Twistedretard - 2010-05-21

First i must say that i love this design and i cant wait until you are finished with it.

I really like the idea and style of the homemenu but feel that all the things in the center of the screen is stealing all the attention of the menu options(even thou its purdy ^^). And the buttons are a little bit small also.
(im mostly afraid that the non techies in my family wont find the menu and ask me for help) Smile

Keep up the good work. And by the look of it, anything you do will look awesome. Smile

- welo - 2010-05-21

Hitcher Wrote:Image

I think it's the popcorn, posters, etc laid out on the shelf that spoil it for me but apart from that it's perfect - especially love the sellotaped posters.

You might be right there, but I'm thinking of doing 2 styles of the welo skin one called "extreme" whit all the detail like you can see now and one called "clean" which basically is whit out all the small details Tongue

- dgsgc - 2010-05-21

Definitely the popcorn and posters that look out of place. The skin looks very classy with the muted colours and fine fonts. They look a bit cheesy in comparison. Add in slightly large text for the menu and thats probably the best home screen ive seen in a long time, very original.Wink

- Leeuw - 2010-05-21

I actually like the popcorn, etc. Gives some dimension and personality to the skin imho

- mcborzu - 2010-05-21

1. Love the overall look of the design...

Leeuw Wrote:I actually like the popcorn, etc. Gives some dimension and personality to the skin imho

I do too, though maybe if popcorn and the drink with that box on the left had a little more 3d-ish look, right now they seem flat.

- welo - 2010-05-21

well then I have just update my screen slightly. And I have added a new one called "clean". I decided to go whit 2 styles one extreme whit a bit more details and one clean where I'm keeping it simple. So I hope you like it I feel quite good about them now Smile

- MarkTaunton - 2010-05-21

Keep it going Welo. Skin is looking so crisp and uncomplicated and yet with a sophisicated look and feel to it.

Apart from Xperience and Shade, nothing really touches the market in my view, apart from Welo.

Xperience is a show off to your mates kind of skin, Shade is a nice practical skin, which currently I am loving.

Welo is more what you might see using a TV service. Even though screenshots can be deceptive, but can't wait for the realise of this.

Hopefully this might be the one true skin, that makes everything uniform, and follows the same idea all the way throughout.

Using more than one skin for different uses can sometimes be a pain, but can also be refreshing as well.

- Jezz_X - 2010-05-21

welo Wrote:well then I have just update my screen slightly. And I have added a new one called "clean". I decided to go whit 2 styles one extreme whit a bit more details and one clean where I'm keeping it simple. So I hope you like it I feel quite good about them now Smile

Clean is better but instead of sticking the posters on the wall I think keeping with the theme of http://u2430989.fsdata.se/xbmc/welo.jpg would look better and more common