Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- mcborzu - 2010-05-22

Graphicsgod Wrote:Thanks for the info!!

Ok I just spent the last couple hours getting just my Korn album organized so this program works better. As for the rest of my music.. this is going to take a while. Since before, I just had a folder called Korn and all the music was inside it and I had it organized by name. Now I have to have it artist folder, album name folder, and then mp3s. And inside each put the CD image. Well maybe it was time to organize my music sooner or later.. Wink.

And thanks for the tip of hitting tab! But is there any way to have it default to this view when you click on the song?!? That way I don't have to hit tab. Especially since I have this mini PC hooked up to a HD TV and use a remote to access my files. Haven't got a wireless keyboard and mouse just for this thing and would prefer to not have to use one! Also a neat idea would be to have it cycle backdrops/fanart when playing a song from that band.

Maybe there some type of script or some type of media manager like mediamonkey that helps put things in order? I don't know, I dont listen to music so I barely know anything music related..

I looked through all XBMC options but I didn't see anything that would default playback to fullscreen...

Graphicsgod Wrote:Also I noticed when playing a song, and go to the main menu it's on the bottom left hand side. Which is not a good place for it IMO. I think it would be better on the right, that way it doesn't cover the menu on the left.

And is there a way to get Viz. to show up? I used to get it with the really old XBMC on my old Xbox (before it was stollen, and changed to a HDPC).

As for the link to the CD art plugin, I tried it last night, but it doesn't work well for me Sad. When I try the program it finds some CD's, but has trouble either downloading them or finds the wrong info. Or it just crashes the program or sits there downloading info forever till I hit "Alt-Control-Del".

Also there seems to be some issue with your skin and updating data. I noticed when I use your skin and go to update a song/movie with images it acts like it changed/updated the images, but does nothing. For me to get the info changed, I have to change skin to another skin and then go in there and update the images. Then switch back to your skin and it then shows up. Wierdest thing, not sure why it is doing this.

Now playing on home can only go in bottom left all other areas have something else...

cdART plugin might give you trouble if you're file names aren't good...

Now clue on the image updating always been good for me. I had that problem in Alaska a long while back. I would change some thumb but it wouldn't show until I backed out to home then re-entered TV section? Then all of sudden problem was gone??

- Graphicsgod - 2010-05-22

mcborzu Wrote:This link and the bottom of ppic's profile page has some scripts that will automate some of the cdART downloading

Ok I took a look at the link and did everything, but I need this file called "season00.tbn". Anyone have a template one that I can just edit or what is the deal with this file? Also you posted code, where does this go? Or is this in the "season00.tbn"? Sorry to be such a noob, but the xbox ver. of XBMC didn't have this many options Wink! And I'm having to relearn how to make this work on a PC.

Thanks for all your patience and help!!

- hikaricore - 2010-05-22

Afaik seasonXX.tbn files are for series and shouldn't have anything to do with music.
As for the content of this file, it's an image usually of a dvd cover.

- nickkarstedt - 2010-05-23

innyinskip Wrote:Any joy with the Music on the xbox?
Is anyone else having this issue?
Would love to use this skin as default but cant till thats up and running.
Has there been any mods to the xbox skin?
Cheers!

I'm having this same issue. I've tried disabling all other music views (To make sure it wasn't defaulting to one of the removed views) with no luck. It'd be really great if you could take a peek at this. I'd be using your skin permanently right now if it wasn't for not being able to use one of the three main functions of XMBC Sad

Still, great work on this skin.. it's amazing.

- mcborzu - 2010-05-23

nickkarstedt Wrote:I'm having this same issue. I've tried disabling all other music views (To make sure it wasn't defaulting to one of the removed views) with no luck. It'd be really great if you could take a peek at this. I'd be using your skin permanently right now if it wasn't for not being able to use one of the three main functions of XBMC Sad

Still, great work on this skin.. it's amazing.

I'll put some time into it tommorow...

For me tommorow:
Quote:Having a bit of problem with music though. When i select music from menu it wont let me then go into album or anything like that. Its as if its crashed, but when pressing the remote i can hear the navigation sounds. it also lets me go back to the main menu
nickkarstedt Wrote:.

EDIT: It's gotta be something with the MyMusicNav or MyMusicSongs (Whichever is used for artists, etc), It's defaulting to the files viewtype, which works fine when browsing pictures, etc.

- nickkarstedt - 2010-05-23

Thanks, friend! I'll keep doing some troubleshooting and post if I manage to pinpoint the issue.

EDIT: It's gotta be something with the MyMusicNav or MyMusicSongs (Whichever is used for artists, etc), It's defaulting to the files viewtype, which works fine when browsing pictures, etc.

- mcborzu - 2010-05-23

Update 5/22/2010
-Added shutdown submenu
-Started work on a horizontal Home menu
-Fix VideoOSD buttons scrolling issue
-Added watched overlays in "WallPanel"
-Changed default Movies and TV background

**Both git and regular download up to date**

Added a horizontal Home option:

- TerranQ - 2010-05-23

Couldn't see this in the thread, so I'll ask here:
What do you name the landscape sized season thumbs? I tried naming them landscape.jpg and putting each one in the proper season folder, but that doesn't seem to work.

- Kallaide - 2010-05-23

TerranQ Wrote:Couldn't see this in the thread, so I'll ask here:
What do you name the landscape sized season thumbs? I tried naming them landscape.jpg and putting each one in the proper season folder, but that doesn't seem to work.

I 2nd this question.

I have the ClearART logo.png working and looking great but I get an empty image holder for the Landscape TV Show.

- Graphicsgod - 2010-05-23

Yeah a small victory for me Smile!! Either I got lucky or I did something to make it work. I updated the skin via the plugin, didn't see a change. Then I manually updated the skin and Baam!! I got the tv view I wanted and the logos all of a sudden started showing up. Sweet!

I still have to fix the logos and get the images the way I wanted, but it's a lot closer than what I had before..

Another thing I noticed trying to get my music cleaned up, is there a way to add a function to remove items from the music library? I have a few songs and albums that don't need to be there or are there for no reason and would like to remove them. I know I can remove movies, but there doesn't seem to be an option for music. I tried cleaning the library and refreshing, but the songs/albums are still there. Also I noticed a music bug... When in this view it double says the album and artist twice, if you hit "tab" it goes away. Which you can see here.

I know you don't care about the music section, but I like it for entertaining and when I'm hanging out in the living room and don't feel like watching a movie/TV show and just want some music to listen to. Sorry to be such a bother on this issue Wink.

And lastly, when I downloaded your update, I don't see the selections on the main menu going horizontal. Still only vertical. So I take it the ver. I downloaded wasn't the latest? I will try to download it from a different place and see if it changes..

Night people...

- Kallaide - 2010-05-23

I got mine working as well.... although all I had to do was change my folder.jpg to landscape.jpg.....lol

Opps....

All good now though!

Awesome work

- mcborzu - 2010-05-24

Update 5/23/2010
-Fixed issue with dialog addon settings
-Fixed overlap with recently add and horizontal menu

*Only git was updated tonight

Added a new album specific view:

"They come... fight... they destroy... they corrupt. It always ends the same."

- ValiantXI - 2010-05-24

Any reason why I cannot get the audio codec flag for dtsma to show up in any view? I manually added a dtsma .png flag to /media/flagging/audio in the skin but for some reason the flag doesn't want to show up and I can't figure out why. It's picking up the audio channels and everything just not the dtsma flag, any clues?

- eckstheory - 2010-05-24

<control type="image">
<description>dtsma Image</description>
<width>90</width>
<height>33</height>
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
<texture>flagging/audio/dtsma.png</texture>
<visible>substring(ListItem.AudioCodec,dtsma) + substring(ListItem.AudioChannels,8)</visible>
</control>

You could try adding that into the IncludesCodecFlagging.xml. Im not sure but I think thats right.

- mcborzu - 2010-05-24

eckstheory Wrote:<control type="image">
<description>dtsma Image</description>
<width>90</width>
<height>33</height>
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
<texture>flagging/audio/dtsma.png</texture>
<visible>substring(ListItem.AudioCodec,dtsma) + substring(ListItem.AudioChannels,8)</visible>
</control>

You could try adding that into the IncludesCodecFlagging.xml. Im not sure but I think thats right.

I know nothing about codecs and what not if that works thanks...