Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- mcborzu - 2010-06-03

Zoso161 Wrote:In the new 3dbanner view, all of the banners just come up blank. I am using the ones scraped from thetvdb internally. Any idea what's going on. I am using a pre-merge version of XBMC.

I'm an idiot I changed it to ListItem[path]banner.jpg for those screenshots I put up and forgot to switch it back...I'll have that fixed on tonights changes

- Zoso161 - 2010-06-03

mcborzu Wrote:I'm an idiot I changed it to ListItem[path]banner.jpg for those screenshots I put up and forgot to switch it back...I'll have that fixed on tonights changes

Ha. Good to know it's an easy fix. Thank you.

- urtzi - 2010-06-03

I have been working in the translation to SPANISH of this skin, I haven´t finished yet but in a pair of days I´ll upload it.
See you soon

- mcborzu - 2010-06-03

urtzi Wrote:I have been working in the translation to SPANISH of this skin, I haven´t finished yet but in a pair of days I´ll upload it.
See you soon

Thanks alot! If you want to give it one more week I learned I was duplicating many of the strings that are built into XBMC. I just fixed the library views a couple days ago. In one more week I should finish cleaning up the unneeded strings....

Recently Added - Kallaide - 2010-06-03

Is there any way to speed up the Recently Added stuff? It seems to take 15 - 30 seconds for my movies, tv shows and music to populate.

Also, is there a way to set how many seconds after going to Movies the Recently Added shows up? Right now it's a bit too long and feels kinda weird. I know it's only a few extra seconds but it feels off.

- mcborzu - 2010-06-03

Kallaide Wrote:Is there any way to speed up the Recently Added stuff? It seems to take 15 - 30 seconds for my movies, tv shows and music to populate.

You said you are on Atv right, maybe 10 items is too much for Atv to load? Most skins do 3-5...I always thought that was too little. If you want to test in Home.xml line 301 you'll see:
PHP Code:
<onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(special://skin/scripts/RecentlyAdded.py,limit=10&amp;albums=True)</onfocus> 
Change limit=10 to limit=5
Kallaide Wrote:Also, is there a way to set how many seconds after going to Movies the Recently Added shows up? Right now it's a bit too long and feels kinda weird. I know it's only a few extra seconds but it feels off.

One thing I never liked in other skins is how it's always in your face obscuring fanart. I could drop by maybe a second or two...

- Emranth - 2010-06-03

First of all, thanks for the great skin.

On another note the DTS HD flags still aren't appearing for me using 30746. I have yet to come across a 7.1 DTS-HD track (wiki says 5.1, 6.1 and 7.1 are part of the spec) so I tried removing the 8 channel requirement and using the following but that didn't seem to do anything.

Code:
<control type="image">
<description>dtsma Image</description>
<width>90</width>
<height>33</height>
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
<texture>flagging/audio/dtsma.png</texture>
<visible>substring(ListItem.AudioCodec,dtsma)</visible>
</control>

FWIW the DTS-HD tracks are inside mkv containers and correctly report being 5.1

On the topic of audio flags a Dolby True HD flag would be nice and FLAC is being reported as Dolby Digital for some reason. Now I'm getting greedy...

- ppic - 2010-06-04

mcborzu Wrote:You said you are on Atv right, maybe 10 items is too much for Atv to load? Most skins do 3-5...I always thought that was too little. If you want to test in Home.xml line 301 you'll see:
PHP Code:
<onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(special://skin/scripts/RecentlyAdded.py,limit=10&amp;albums=True)</onfocus> 
Change limit=10 to limit=5

One thing I never liked in other skins is how it's always in your face obscuring fanart. I could drop by maybe a second or two...

i'm not really sure it will speed up, because the request browse full db even if less item are asked.

- Kallaide - 2010-06-04

I'm currently just using my PC Monitor for right now while I fiddle around with my living room arrangement.

I'll try changing the number, however It seems to only be showing 5 right now anyways. (I may just change it to one, I could care less about seeing the last five since I open XBMC at least once a day. That and I don't really add that much very often.)

As for changing the timing, could you point me in the direction for where I could change the code I assume it's in Home.xml?

Panel View - Kallaide - 2010-06-04

I'm really liking the Panel View for movies, however I find a few things are just sized to large. The icons at the bottom left are too large and for movies with PG-13 the 13 ends up being cut off on my pc's monitor.

I came up with a slight variation that I thought you might like. I reduced the icon size and also included mini images of the genres under the name. I always find I like to see what type of movie it is, (even if I know the movie off by heart.) It just adds a little something to the left hand side of the screen. which seemed to be too populated with text.

- mcborzu - 2010-06-04

Update 6/2/2010
-Fixed the 3dBanner thumb issue
-Fixed title label overlap in Fanart view
-Added global clock to Music section
-Quickened time on Recently added

- mcborzu - 2010-06-04

@Kallaide

Thats a neat and never seen idea of genre icons instead of spelling it out. Not sure I'd do it with this skin but I'll keep the idea in my head atleast..

- Kallaide - 2010-06-04

Yea, I love the genre icons and I never really understood why no one has used them... I just did a cut and paste job on the image so I have no idea if it's even possible...lol

Got another timing question, when I use the showcase view and move from one movie to another it seems kinda jumpy. Is this just my setup, or is anyone else kinda noticing this?

- eckstheory - 2010-06-04

Emranth Wrote:First of all, thanks for the great skin.

On another note the DTS HD flags still aren't appearing for me using 30746. I have yet to come across a 7.1 DTS-HD track (wiki says 5.1, 6.1 and 7.1 are part of the spec) so I tried removing the 8 channel requirement and using the following but that didn't seem to do anything.

Code:
<control type="image">
<width>90</width>
<height>33</height>
</control>

On the topic of audio flags a Dolby True HD flag would be nice and FLAC is being reported as Dolby Digital for some reason. Now I'm getting greedy...

you could try swaping out the individual audio codecs with this:

<include name="AudioCodecFlaggingConditions">
<control type="image">
<description>audio Codec Image</description>
<width>90</width>
<height>33</height>
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.AudioCodec,flagging/audio/,.png]</texture>
</control>

I dont have any dtsma movies to check. Hope it helps.

Also make sure that dtsma is the proper name for the codec, I know that dts looks for a dca flag for example.

- ValiantXI - 2010-06-04

Emranth Wrote:First of all, thanks for the great skin.

Code:
<control type="image">
<width>90</width>
<height>33</height>
</control>

I had the same problem at first, as most of my dtsma or dtshd movies are 5.1 as well. All you need to do is change the number 8 to number 6 in the xml (where it says listitem.audiochannels,8 <---change this to a 6) that worked for me. And then if you want you could probably copy and paste that little section again and make that one a number 8 so then whether its 5.1 or 7.1 things will show up for it.