Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- papill6n - 2010-08-02

I definitively love this view ! :p :p

- pletopia - 2010-08-02

nice job Smile

btw .. you never updated the IncludesCodecFlagging.xml with Jezz_x's newer code (the one that checks filename & path)

really easy fix .. just run a find&replace ListItem.filename -> ListItem.FilenameAndPath

another thing i did in my edit of the file is add a tv flag by putting in
Code:
        <control type="image">
            <description>TV Image</description>
            <width>90</width>
            <height>33</height>
            <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
            <texture>flagging/video/tv.png</texture>
            <visible>[substring(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,pdtv) | substring(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,hdtv) | substring(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,dsr)]</visible>
        </control>

right after the hddvd flag
tv flag can be grabbed right here https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/trunk/addons/skin.confluence/media/flagging/video/

- mcborzu - 2010-08-02

pletopia Wrote:nice job Smile

btw .. you never updated the IncludesCodecFlagging.xml with Jezz_x's newer code (the one that checks filename & path)

really easy fix .. just run a find&replace ListItem.filename -> ListItem.FilenameAndPath

another thing i did in my edit of the file is add a tv flag by putting in
Code:
        <control type="image">
            <description>TV Image</description>
            <width>90</width>
            <height>33</height>
            <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
            <texture>flagging/video/tv.png</texture>
            <visible>[substring(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,pdtv) | substring(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,hdtv) | substring(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,dsr)]</visible>
        </control>

right after the hddvd flag
tv flag can be grabbed right here https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/trunk/addons/skin.confluence/media/flagging/video/

Thx I try to write things at the top of the Bugs/Missing Items post so I dont forget....

- Graphicsgod - 2010-08-02

mcborzu Wrote:Update 8/1/2010
-Removed "Get Logo" from VideoInfo screen
-Global Time added to Addons/Program window
-added Lyrics option and Lyrics button
-added "Slide" view to Movies

**Only git was updated!**

While creating a comic view I really started to like this view:

Pressing down brings up info, plot spacing adjusts if no 'extrathumbs'

Very nice, but what about trailers?!? And is there a way to make it like it was before?! So that when you paused on a movie, the info would auto appear. No need to press a button.

Or.. ooh ooh.. How about this, have it auto show the info and instead of the extrathumbs, have the trailer auto play in that space Big Grin!! Good idea maybe..?

- ontrose - 2010-08-02

Hello and tnx for a sweet skin!
Dunno what i am doing wrong, trying to do a git pull but getting an error message
"your local changes to 720p/dialogvideo.xml would be overwritten by merge. Aborting. Please commit your changes or stash the before you can merge"

What am i doing wrong?
//Ontrose

- hikaricore - 2010-08-02

ontrose Wrote:Hello and tnx for a sweet skin!
Dunno what i am doing wrong, trying to do a git pull but getting an error message
"your local changes to 720p/dialogvideo.xml would be overwritten by merge. Aborting. Please commit your changes or stash the before you can merge"

What am i doing wrong?
//Ontrose

Either you've edited a file locally or something got messed up in a previous download.

Code:
git stash

Then try again.
If you did make local changes you will need to redo them.

- ppic - 2010-08-02

why removing the "get logo" ? Sad

- rossoneri711 - 2010-08-02

hello, awesome skin.

One quick question. how do i install this in Ubuntu? Should i just copy the contents of the folder to the addons or is there a repository i cna install it automatically?

cause sometimes i notice that if i copy folders to the addon folder, it doesnt seem to read them, and i use the get addons and repositories it work (eg Alaska).

- Reginald - 2010-08-02

rossoneri711 Wrote:hello, awesome skin.

One quick question. how do i install this in Ubuntu? Should i just copy the contents of the folder to the addons or is there a repository i cna install it automatically?

cause sometimes i notice that if i copy folders to the addon folder, it doesnt seem to read them, and i use the get addons and repositories it work (eg Alaska).

I created an unofficial add-on and repo for Night a week or so ago. If you are interested, install this repo:

- Download xbmc.repo.night.zip
- In XBMC browse to Add-ons > Install from ZIP file > Navigate to where you saved xbmc.repo.night.zip and Install
- Then Add-ons > Get Add-ons > Night's Repository > Skin > Night
- Select 'Install'

- mcborzu - 2010-08-02

ppic Wrote:why removing the "get logo" ? Sad

It was just the button in VideoInfo not the main logo button in settings. Since I'm only doing 10.5 work now, that button in VideoInfo doesn't really work with the new caching system. I thought it'll just confuse new users as why the logo wont change...

- smilenkovski - 2010-08-02

HI Reginald.
i've tried repo for night. And yes, it will be very nice to update skin from within the xbmc but we got "update available" even after updating the skin.
Thanks

- Ram2000 - 2010-08-02

smilenkovski Wrote:HI Reginald.
i've tried repo for night. And yes, it will be very nice to update skin from within the xbmc but we got "update available" even after updating the skin.
Thanks

Im getting the same thing Still tried doing what you suggested with the version number but still keeps coming up with update available for me.
I have removed the skin and done a fresh download from git as I was getting the same errors as ontrose even though I dont edit this master copy.

- Reginald - 2010-08-02

That's odd about it still saying an update is available, what version are you on, I have only made the change in 1.0.3+ after I made the change it stopped telling me that I needed to update. mcborzu uses the same version number for all of his releases 1.0.0, this does not work with the repo so I have to manually change a file when I upload it. One thing I noticed too was I needed to restart XBMC after I made the change in the skin file, it may be cached somewhere. I have noticed it caches a lot of information.

- Oddsodz - 2010-08-02

Ok. So I am really liking this skin a lot. But there are a few things I would like to see.

Now I wonder if this can be done. See image below.

Now I know that mcborzu is not to big on loads of images everywhere. But I will pay money if it can be done. The big thing here is that I would like to see the use of the "Ken Burns" animated fanart or even better as I have not seen it done at all is having the "ExtraFanArt" system in use with the "Ken Burns" animated effect.

I Also would like the removal of the "Now playing" boxes and have the background play the video replacing the fanart when a video is playing. Same for music visualizations. This would also see the removal of the new widget for recent episodes.

I Of course wish to keep all the normal animation that are going on as they are right now in the landscape View.

I Pledge to pay £30 to anybody or any good cause of your choice to the provider of this view. How is that for incentive?

Hope somebody can come up with the view.

Oddsodz

PS: I know my Photoshop skills such ;-(

- ppic - 2010-08-02

mcborzu Wrote:It was just the button in VideoInfo not the main logo button in settings. Since I'm only doing 10.5 work now, that button in VideoInfo doesn't really work with the new caching system. I thought it'll just confuse new users as why the logo wont change...

ok, i understand, i planned to work on a script for caching stuff, i've just went back from spain and will only be at home tonight, cause i move tomorrow again !