Kodi Community Forum
[BUGS] and missing items - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: [BUGS] and missing items (/showthread.php?tid=73846)

- Rad_ - 2010-06-13

mcborzu Wrote:Running off to work....

If you want to see where it's looking for logos in Viewtype_Landscape.xml lines 110 and 176 change:

This will tell us in realtime where its looking for logos rather than digging thru a debug log...

I made those changes and reloaded the skin, but am not sure what the real time feedback was supposed to be....

Looking through the debug log, I'm wondering if this is an XBMC caching problem after all? But then why would it work in the other views? Confused.

The only thing that stood out from the debug log is that for the non-working logos, it looks like there was an additional "/../" in the path that wasn't there for the working logos.

Quote:15:02:11 T:2903919472 M:1665097728 DEBUG: Caching image '/nes/mario/tv/main/The 4400/../logo.png' as '0/0a09d96b.png' full size
15:02:11 T:2903919472 M:1665097728 INFO: Caching image from: /nes/mario/tv/main/The 4400/../logo.png to special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/0/0a09d96b.png
15:02:11 T:2914409328 M:1665097728 INFO: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/8/8adc888e.png Error: (2)
15:02:11 T:2914409328 M:1665097728 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/8/8adc888e.png
15:02:11 T:2903919472 M:1665097728 INFO: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: /nes/mario/tv/main/The 4400/../logo.png Error: (2)
15:02:11 T:2903919472 M:1665097728 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: /nes/mario/tv/main/The 4400/../logo.png
15:02:11 T:2914409328 M:1665732608 INFO: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/9/92ec2aa7.jpg Error: (2)
15:02:11 T:2914409328 M:1665732608 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/9/92ec2aa7.jpg

I see that it also looks for "FOO/Season 1/logo.png" automatically, which I understand as being a likely limitation of doing these types of skin hacks, and would therefore require the ".." to find the actual logo, but my debug-log-fu is weak, so I can't tell exactly what's going on and when....

- mcborzu - 2010-06-13

Instead of digging thru a degug log that change will show you where the logo should be:

See right under rated it is showing me the path of where the logo should be:
Quote:D:\Big TV Shows\Battlestart Gallactica\

So that means the logo should be - D:\Big TV Shows\Battlestart Gallactica\logo.png

On TV level logos use:
Quote:<texture>$INFO[ListItem.path]logo.png</texture>

On Season and Episode Level logos use:
Quote:<control type="largeimage" id="7014">
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.path]logo.png</texture>
</control>

<control type="largeimage" id="7014">
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.path]../logo.png</texture>
</control>

So on Season/Episode level one of those will return false due to having to compensate for the two ways of storing TV shows:

TV shows/
---------Lost/
-------------/Season One/
--------------all .avi's here

OR

TV shows/
---------Lost/
--------------all .avi's here

- TehMaster - 2010-06-13

mcborzu Wrote:I cant add the "minutes" tag after the "90" till the new release otherwise it'll screw up pre-merge guys. I'm dying to change that tooBig Grin

I look into that eject behavior...

Thanks for looking into the eject behavior. Its funny how something as simple as a word or tag can completely change the behavior of a program.

Oh well, i guess we shall wait. Thanks for all the hard work.

- hikaricore - 2010-06-13

There's one thing I keep meaning to bring up but keep forgetting about.
In the logo views (logo landscape/fanart) there should probably be some indication of watched/unwatched without making the view ugly like say the X or a strike would.
It occurs to me that you could probably make a conditional overlay for the logos which darkened them 50% or so as to get the point across but not taint the view entirely.

If I didn't have guests over I would probably just use the hide watched item but with other people browsing my media I've been hoping for a happy medium. ^_^

- TehMaster - 2010-06-13

hikaricore Wrote:There's one thing I keep meaning to bring up but keep forgetting about.
In the logo views (logo landscape/fanart) there should probably be some indication of watched/unwatched without making the view ugly like say the X or a strike would.
It occurs to me that you could probably make a conditional overlay for the logos which darkened them 50% or so as to get the point across but not taint the view entirely.

If I didn't have guests over I would probably just use the hide watched item but with other people browsing my media I've been hoping for a happy medium. ^_^

I totally agree. I would love to see a watched overlay for all views that was not as obtrusive as the strike-through. I think the idea of darkening the watched item would be pleasant.

- zwat - 2010-06-13

something i find missing is files submenu on tv-show. and option to remove settings from homemenu. i like my homewindow simple with only the categories i need.

zwat Wrote:something i find missing is files submenu on tv-show. and option to remove settings from homemenu. i like my homewindow simple with only the categories i need.

You can disable any of the main home menu items in the skin settings including Settings..

- zwat - 2010-06-13

where? i don't find the option to remove settings. only every other category.

zwat Wrote:where? i don't find the option to remove settings. only every other category.

It used to be there actually... now it's missing. I have a blank item ticked at the bottom of the home config screen that no longer functions.
So it looks like fearless leader borked something and accidentally disabled the ability to disable settings.
I'm sure it's an easy enough fix. :p

- zwat - 2010-06-13

i have a blank hide menu too. but that is the shutdown menu on my box.

- mcborzu - 2010-06-13

I thought hiding settings might confuse new users but I'll include it and after converting all labels to strings one was bound to fall thru the cracks as that one that is blank did...

- Kallaide - 2010-06-14

mcborzu Wrote:"I thought hiding settings might confuse new users..."

Trying to be like Steve Jobs now are ya? Tongue

Great work keeping on top of things! Will you be looking into some of the text sizing issues within the next week or so?

There seems to be a lot of small but noticeable issues with some of the fonts being too large. One I know of for sure is the Recently Added however I'm not sure if there's anything you can do about that.

In particular the highlighted recently added TV show is ALWAYS too large of a text size or font and is cut off abruptly every time.

See Below:

P.S. Could you look into adding a drop shadow to all text on the Home Screen? (or an Option for adding it?) I find the menu items and especially the recently added are hard to read when on top of custom backdrops that contain either bright colours or complex images with lots going on (Example being the Weeds TV Show backdrop. It's an amazing image but it has a lot going on and drowns out the plain text you use.)

P.S.S..... One more thing.... lol
Shouldn't the S in TV shows be capitalized?

TV Shows vs TV shows

- Rad_ - 2010-06-14

mcborzu Wrote:Instead of digging thru a degug log that change will show you where the logo should be:

See right under rated it is showing me the path of where the logo should be

For the life of me, I can't get that to display after making the changed to lines 110 and 176 like you said. I know I'm editing the correct file, and I've reset XBMC to flush out old copies, etc....

Anyway, I finally opened Viewtype_Files to see why it might work in that view and not in Landscape, and it turns out it's an issue of control type "image" vs "largeimage". I changed all references to logo.png in Viewtype_Landscape to use image instead of largeimage and now the logos show for the other sources no problem. I'm assuming the two Landscape views are the only two using largeimage.

So, is this likely a bug in XBMC's implementation of largeimage controls, then?

Also, the landscape.jpgs still don't show for the problem sources, and they're using image instead of largeimage already, so that's even more puzzling.

- psike - 2010-06-14

I started translating the skin and found a few things...

1. there are 2 sting id="31200"

2. <string id="31218">Power Options. it's appearing in profile menu when XBMC start.
but does nothing. what is it good for?

3. VIEWS strings don't have episode view sting.

- mcborzu - 2010-06-14

Kallaide Wrote:P.S.S..... One more thing.... lol
Shouldn't the S in TV shows be capitalized?

TV Shows vs TV shows

Yes thats annoying me to no end tooBig Grin It got changed when I re-translated everything. Been meaning to change it back...

And on the Recently added font sizes, it's a tough battle between being comfortably readable and spacing...

Rad_ Wrote:Anyway, I finally opened Viewtype_Files to see why it might work in that view and not in Landscape, and it turns out it's an issue of control type "image" vs "largeimage". I changed all references to logo.png in Viewtype_Landscape to use image instead of largeimage and now the logos show for the other sources no problem. I'm assuming the two Landscape views are the only two using largeimage.

So, is this likely a bug in XBMC's implementation of largeimage controls, then?

Well I first had "image" and then found out that "image" had trouble some type of pulling from network trouble and "largeimage" solved that...So I'm suprised you had to switch those around.

Now JM says largeimage will be deprecated so I gotta check into that...

psike Wrote:I started translating the skin and found a few things...

1. there are 2 sting id="31200"

2. <string id="31218">Power Options. it's appearing in profile menu when XBMC start.
but does nothing. what is it good for?

3. VIEWS strings don't have episode view sting.

1. Alrighty I get that

2. Just being lazy, I have to create restart/shutdown buttons there

3. You mean the word VIEWS needs translating?