Kodi Community Forum
[BUGS] and missing items - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: [BUGS] and missing items (/showthread.php?tid=73846)

- mcborzu - 2010-08-15

Alrighty I reverted to how it was before, horizontal home will always go back to focused on "Movies".

I swear I had it right but I was still getting a bug in it and I can't look at it any longer. I don't want Horizontal Home to be broken, as it is right now, so I reverted it back. I look into it again another day....

- sonic00 - 2010-08-15

Too bad ... Hope you'll find a solution

- Jaypeg - 2010-08-15

First of all thx for Night Smile

Installed the lastest git version today and I seem to have run in to a bug:

When I go into music visualization and reach the last track in the now playing list the "playing next" item goes on top of the actual playing track, and the switch between playing and next item doesnt happen (probably because there is no next item). I dont think you need anymore information for that bug, but if you do I'll gladly post a screeny and a log Smile

- mcborzu - 2010-08-16

Jaypeg Wrote:First of all thx for Night Smile

Installed the lastest git version today and I seem to have run in to a bug:

When I go into music visualization and reach the last track in the now playing list the "playing next" item goes on top of the actual playing track, and the switch between playing and next item doesnt happen (probably because there is no next item). I dont think you need anymore information for that bug, but if you do I'll gladly post a screeny and a log Smile

Good catch I'll look into it...

@Danielocean

I think I addressed a good majority of what you pointed out. If you got any more or think I overlooked one let me know.

I've never been happy with my Video Info screen and I want to redo that screen so don't count that one...

- Danielocean - 2010-08-16

do you mean my long list with suggestions!?

I think the info screen is not so bad at the moment, little bit impractical and "not finished" but not really bad... what do you think about my suggestions about this screen?! The most important things on that info screen are main info screen, cast & trailers... and for guys like me who love that clean "file" view without any informations, only the full view to the fanart, these guys could want to have an additional view with cover and maybe an fanart overview for extrafanart...

so my suggestions to small redos (i know, only look like small redo - but this is hard work!) for the current screen...

on the other side, the usage of that screen should be easier... so the suggestion for navigate only with up/down/left/right without confirming the single screen with select... i dont know if that is possible, i only can say what would be nice... but i cant imagine that this is impossible cause the view of "get fanart" changes when you move on that menu item...

as last thing, the fine tuning could be to redo the view of the main info screen... but here i think it is mostly nice and clean in combination with a lot of informations - and thats important for an info screen... only more space for the plot, maybe one more extrafanart on it, adapt the single info lines, better arrangement for flags... i think that's all... will do a preview so you can seen my suggestions...

EDIT:

but first some suggestions for the music section...

like on movie home i like the clean and easy file view on music artists section too... here you can see the same problem
like on home weather... most of us read from left to right, so the play now widget shows the tags in a wrong way...
looks a little bit strange...

whats that "movieset" in the right corner?!

other think is... why dont you make the same border situation for ex. on 3d square like on the play now widget...?
this white fading to border shows you eveything on the cover (or looks like showing everything), no letters or text is
cutted... is that possible?! For me the much much much better view!

another strange thing is that by movin on a compilation cover, the fanart background isnt showing any more... but...
(There is also an fanart.jpg in that compilation, but it is not shown, not in that view and not on the viwe for that
hole compilation)

... if i go into that compilation, the fanart is now on background again... strange thing, so i have to think that
it is impossible to show fanarts for compilations...

in this album artist view sortetd by year there are the normal albums and the compilations... but i think it would be
better to separate album/compilation, so that the order is first album (sortet by year) and then the compilations...
but i think thats not a skin issue, right?! best would be to combine all tracks of each artist in one cover "compilations"
in that view and put it on the last position...

on visualization view, there is still the old order of information lines... do you will change this also?!
On all now playing widgets there is still a small thing that i dont like...:
Great is that the title is big and bold and on first line without any prefix!!!
the artist line should be also bold (still normal size), but without "artist:", maybe only with "from" (normal size,
non-bold) in front of them.
then an empty line.
and then "album:" (normal size, non-bold) "<album name>" (normal size, bold)
and "year:" (normal size, non-bold) "<year date>" (normal size, bold)

the next playing view, here i think it would be enough to show only cover title and artist, nothing else, but in the
same style like the now playing view... think that is really enough

and this for all now playing widgets, on each view and also on visualization screen! additional for visualization a
bigger cover and time/track like current. that would be great!

- theuni - 2010-08-16

On the official repo version.. It seems the logo script is run when the button is hilighted, rather than selected.

TheUni

- mcborzu - 2010-08-16

theuni Wrote:On the official repo version.. It seems the logo script is run when the button is hilighted, rather than selected.

TheUni

Thx, why on earth would I write <onfocus> there? lol...I get that fixed once I get home.

- Ram2000 - 2010-08-16

Can any one explain to me why I can not get music fanart to work it shows the Default Image
But wont show any of the fanart images i drop in the folder IE
Jeff Wayne - The War Of The Worlds/
Fanart.jpg
Jeff Wayne - The War Of The Worlds-Fanart.jpg

I dont seem to be able to get it to show anything on any of my albums :-(

- Rad_ - 2010-08-16

When pulling up the info while any video is playing in files mode, the string with the title of the file is two-thirds up the screen with a blank "Season/Episode" under it. I gather that this is just a blank plot summary and leftover from TV Show info, but it looks a bit off. Is it possible to have a more generic overlay here, or is this a case of not having enough xmls for files mode? [linux r32789, night 8/12]

- hyperspinme - 2010-08-17

Not really a bug, but I was wondering if the we could get the watched overlay replaced. It really sticks out on such a nice skin.
This is what I've been using to replace the default one.
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=is8igjb3b8wg4ir&thumb=4

- User 55003 - 2010-08-18

Here's what I'm using if your interested, only moded the two views..

- mcborzu - 2010-08-18

See watched flags are very tough. I never liked the Alaska one, but oddly enough I like how that looks in Night, and I never liked the boring checkmark either...maybe it's just me, lol...

I'll grab that Alaska flag, change the color, and see for myself if I like it. It does look pretty good in those screenshots...

- User 55003 - 2010-08-18

This is the original flag I got from a post by Ram2000, but it was way too big so resized to 32x32 and changed colour to better suit the skin.. have a play around and see what you think..

- TerranQ - 2010-08-18

One thing-can you remove the overlay from the music visualization (now playing?) screen? It's so dark I can barely see the visualization

- mcborzu - 2010-08-18

TerranQ Wrote:One thing-can you remove the overlay from the music visualization (now playing?) screen? It's so dark I can barely see the visualization

Make sure you didn't leave "dark visualiztion" on in skin settings section. If nothing checked you get a normal, no overlay visualizaion....Or you can toggle the info by pressing "I".