Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Legacy Dark - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Legacy Dark (/showthread.php?tid=74305)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

- cavemankr - 2010-05-28

I should have read your reply more carefully.

"studio HD if the resolution is 720 or 1080"

that answered my question.

It appears as for files with resolution 720p and above, it will look for studio file with _hd so for example hbo_hd.png so it wasnt showing anything since i do not have hd studio files.

I will just need to create files with _hd for the studio flags that are missing the hd studio flags.

Thanks again for the help.

- Lister of Smeg - 2010-05-28

Hey ekim232,

First let me just say that this an an awesome skin...

I just have one question. On the default skin and Aeon65 (which is what i have been using) there is a "recently added" window on the home screen for Movies & TV Shows.

By default i cannot see one on your skin. Would it be possible to add it in a future version? I understand your just bug fixing at the moment though Big Grin

- ekim232 - 2010-05-28

cavemankr Wrote:I should have read your reply more carefully.

"studio HD if the resolution is 720 or 1080"

that answered my question.

It appears as for files with resolution 720p and above, it will look for studio file with _hd so for example hbo_hd.png so it wasnt showing anything since i do not have hd studio files.

I will just need to create files with _hd for the studio flags that are missing the hd studio flags.

Thanks again for the help.

I have hbo_hd in my studio folder. It does work because I have several series on HBO that are in HD, so it does work. If there are networks missing for _hd please let me know and I will get them.

- ekim232 - 2010-05-28

Lister of Smeg Wrote:Hey ekim232,

First let me just say that this an an awesome skin...

I just have one question. On the default skin and Aeon65 (which is what i have been using) there is a "recently added" window on the home screen for Movies & TV Shows.

By default i cannot see one on your skin. Would it be possible to add it in a future version? I understand your just bug fixing at the moment though Big Grin

Recently added is currently in the skin. Turn it on in settings section under home menu. Then press up when you are on movies, tv or music to reveal it. As stated on the main page I am reworking it right now because I think it can be better. The icon aspect ratios are all off right now. It was my first round at it.

ekim232 Wrote:Recently added is currently in the skin. Turn it on in settings section under home menu. Then press up when you are on movies, tv or music to reveal it. As stated on the main page I am reworking it right now because I think it can be better. The icon aspect ratios are all off right now. It was my first round at it.

Thats great news... I'll have a look when i get home from work.

Once again, great work....

- ekim232 - 2010-05-28

paul Wrote:Just tried it myself i think we need a new link(please) ps exactly what revision are you
running on as i just updated to 28256 the last nightly build done by the devs and xbmc will not fire up any more, it according to the log there is a invalid includes.Eek

Paul,

You stated this awhile back. Is this still the case?

I know of includes that are invalid. They are mostly old includes that worked in Aeon, such as animations and thumb sizing. I still need to go xml by xml and delete what is not needed. That will be a final stage for me or I will delete as I see them.

For anyone who has worked on coding Aeon, you will understand that not much code clean up was ever done and there is still parts for DJH original release in there that has absolutely nothing to do with what is taking place now. I am sure that goes for textures as well....

Hey ekim232,

Just a quick question regarding the source flagging. Rather the having the "DVD Rip" as the default source (unless otherwise stated in the filename), would it be possible to have the default as Bluray?

95% of my Movie files are MKV Bluray rips so it makes sense just to rename the remaining 5% with "DVD Rip" rather than renaming 95% with Bluray?

No worries if its not possible.

- ekim232 - 2010-05-28

Lister of Smeg Wrote:Hey ekim232,

Just a quick question regarding the source flagging. Rather the having the "DVD Rip" as the default source (unless otherwise stated in the filename), would it be possible to have the default as Bluray?

95% of my Movie files are MKV Bluray rips so it makes sense just to rename the remaining 5% with "DVD Rip" rather than renaming 95% with Bluray?

No worries if its not possible.

I won't do a committed change. I am happy to help. If you don't know much about coding, please let me know and I will edit the xml for you and PM it to you. Would take me less than 5 minutes.

- apex82 - 2010-05-28

Thank you so much for keeping the AEON alive! Everyone else seems to be moving away from it these days but you are updating it! awesome! A quick question... Is it possible to have an option to make the info delay popup window/thumbs larger while in movie mode? It looks nice but I sit so far from my tv it would be nice to have the the popup windows the same size as say the showmix.

- Yankee Ruin X - 2010-05-28

prince1142003 Wrote:See if this post helps. You'll need to make appropriate changes to reflect this particular skin.

Thanks for the help and I'll give it a go but I'm not to good with this kind of stuff so wish me luck.

- ekim232 - 2010-05-28

apex82 Wrote:Thank you so much for keeping the AEON alive! Everyone else seems to be moving away from it these days but you are updating it! awesome! A quick question... Is it possible to have an option to make the info delay popup window/thumbs larger while in movie mode? It looks nice but I sit so far from my tv it would be nice to have the the popup windows the same size as say the showmix.

Not possible unless I coded another style. Alignments/animations would need to be redone and that is a lot of work. I wanted to stay away from what Showmix is. I am trying to move away from Aeon and establish this as it's own skin. I just wanted to use Aeon as my base.

- paul - 2010-05-28

ekim232 Wrote:Paul,

You stated this awhile back. Is this still the case?

I know of includes that are invalid. They are mostly old includes that worked in Aeon, such as animations and thumb sizing. I still need to go xml by xml and delete what is not needed. That will be a final stage for me or I will delete as I see them.

For anyone who has worked on coding Aeon, you will understand that not much code clean up was ever done and there is still parts for DJH original release in there that has absolutely nothing to do with what is taking place now. I am sure that goes for textures as well....
Thanks for the reply i am now running xbmc-r28256-trunk.exe and everything seems to work ok though there is a long delay switching from home screen to any other library view, but this has alway's been the case for all Aeon based skins. it could be my asrock ion just aint got enough juice to run it, But it won't stop me trying to optimize it for it.

Just a small suggestion could you create a smaller update pack containing any new textures and .xmls please as it seems silly downloading the whole package over and over. thanks am sure others will appreciate this too.Wink

- Louike - 2010-05-28

Thanks for coding my new favorite skin Ekim232.

@Paul: I noticed the movie and tv shows library views were loading a bit slow too. (black screen) However after i disabled the views i didn't use the movie and tv show library showed up faster.

@Ekim232: could this mean the skin loads up views before they are selected?

- ekim232 - 2010-05-28

paul Wrote:Thanks for the reply i am now running xbmc-r28256-trunk.exe and everything seems to work ok though there is a long delay switching from home screen to any other library view, but this has alway's been the case for all Aeon based skins. it could be my asrock ion just aint got enough juice to run it, But it won't stop me trying to optimize it for it.

Just a small suggestion could you create a smaller update pack containing any new textures and .xmls please as it seems silly downloading the whole package over and over. thanks am sure others will appreciate this too.Wink

Not a problem. Your asrock probably does delay it slightly, but my HTPC evens gets it slightly. Just heavy textures overall, but that is what it takes to make the skin glow and it a polished and professional look. After about 1 or 2 more updates, the textures will not change often. Probably not until the addon manager is offically placed in.

- shaitanfree - 2010-05-28

Mirror