Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Legacy Dark - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Legacy Dark (/showthread.php?tid=74305)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

- pettson3816 - 2010-06-06

icaruscollapse Wrote:Kudos on making an amazing skin!

I have one question though... I'm really in love with this skin except for the home screen. I like the home screen from the older versions of Aeon (Hitched, etc), with the simple bar across the middle. I looked through the options and there doesn't seem to be any way to enable the old home menu... If I'm not just missing a silly option, is there a way to change the .xml files to make it like the older versions, for only the home screen?

I'm not computer illiterate, but I know close to nothing about how to mod XBMC skins, so any help with this would be MUCH appreciated...

I would also like to know if an option for the old home menu will be added.

- Hiethen - 2010-06-06

I also like the Hitched home screen because I thought it worked best with the backdrops.

- ekim232 - 2010-06-06

I do not plan on putting the old homescreen in for now. Maybe in the future once I get bored.

Banners on the info screen have been fixed, but I have not put out that version yet. I am not going to add an option to dim the fanart. I have over 2000 movies and have not problem getting fanart for them all. I had to make a few of my own but I have them.

- NatroN - 2010-06-06

Cyb3rH4Xter Wrote:i reinstalled skin and trixed and fixed a little and now it works Smile

tell me how..

...I was used to use aeon hitched by ekim - now i want to swap to this new great mod since i heard, that hitched won't be continued.

I tried alaska now and everything works so far (excempt some buttons which seem to have no function) but alaska is not what i want to use.

I've running xbmc 27527 on win7 x64

please help!

- elecga - 2010-06-06

In music album - low list view, when you have the roller option on is it possible to have it display single for artists with 1 album?

I'm also having the same problem as Natron, build 28256 on Win7 x64. I'll try to find out whats going on but if anybody has a solution in the meantime it would be appreciated.

Btw, Great skin!

Games Image - jimmydean1 - 2010-06-08

Hey Ekim,

First thing I want to say is EXCELLENT skin. I especially love the TV show main layout with wide banners.

2 quick questions:

1. I noticed that there is a Games logo in the media folder but it's got program images instead of game images, (and the "programs" text over it). Are you planning on putting in an actual Games logo/panel in the future? When I used Aeon before I had the "Games" homepanel open up Hyperspin,(Hyperspin). I'm just curious if you're planning on creating some kind of Games or Arcade logo/option. I've got no problem photoshopping it and changing the code for my own use but wanted to hold off if you were planning on implementing it in a future version.

2. I really enjoy the Wall view for Movies however there's 2 things that are keeping me from using it.

- I like using the Info Tab by default but it covers up a good portion of the screen, (I'm using a 1080p 46" Samsung). I don't mind this so much, however the title isn't part of the Info Tab. It's not really a big deal, (the one for Aeon was the same), but especially when looking at a movie at the top of a wall list, the Title is down at the bottom, so for those with larger TVs, it would be awesome to have the title at the top of that info Tab. I can do a mockup to show you an examle if you'd like.

- For the Same wall view, I'd love to be able to replace the Extrathumbs with a view for trailers. I didn't see an option for this although it's possible I missed it.

Excellent work. I'm finally done searching for the perfect skin. Smile

- ekim232 - 2010-06-08

jimmydean1 Wrote:Hey Ekim,

First thing I want to say is EXCELLENT skin. I especially love the TV show main layout with wide banners.

2 quick questions:

1. I noticed that there is a Games logo in the media folder but it's got program images instead of game images, (and the "programs" text over it). Are you planning on putting in an actual Games logo/panel in the future? When I used Aeon before I had the "Games" homepanel open up Hyperspin,(Hyperspin). I'm just curious if you're planning on creating some kind of Games or Arcade logo/option. I've got no problem photoshopping it and changing the code for my own use but wanted to hold off if you were planning on implementing it in a future version.

2. I really enjoy the Wall view for Movies however there's 2 things that are keeping me from using it.

- I like using the Info Tab by default but it covers up a good portion of the screen, (I'm using a 1080p 46" Samsung). I don't mind this so much, however the title isn't part of the Info Tab. It's not really a big deal, (the one for Aeon was the same), but especially when looking at a movie at the top of a wall list, the Title is down at the bottom, so for those with larger TVs, it would be awesome to have the title at the top of that info Tab. I can do a mockup to show you an examle if you'd like.

- For the Same wall view, I'd love to be able to replace the Extrathumbs with a view for trailers. I didn't see an option for this although it's possible I missed it.

Excellent work. I'm finally done searching for the perfect skin. Smile

The games/programs thing has always been strange for me. All skins seem to label the programs section different. That section can launch emulators or program plugin ins. It is hard to label. I have the text say programs and with my first set of icons I have the pictures showing plugin posters. With the Legacy Icons, it shows an icon of a controller. This is the way it will stay, but I can add support to make it launch a plugin if need be.

I can and will add the movie title to the wall view. I have an info tablet that fits it, but I did remove it before the release. It can easily be put back in. I don't see how trailers could be put in however. The way they work is that you need to have a direction that goes nowhere and doesn't do a function. In wall view, every direction is used for scrolling.

Glad you are enjoying it. I will do what I can to get in what I can for the next release.

- jimmydean1 - 2010-06-08

Alright thanks.

Here's another question. Is it possible for views that already have trailers, to have trailers start imediately in place of the info tab? So you would click the same button to switch to the info tab, but trailers would open by default. This really isn't a question specific to your skin, but i was wondering if you would know the answer. Smile

In all honesty, I'd love to have a view similar to the modded confluence halfwall but had Trailers instead of extra thumbs, and of course, was more aesthetically pleasing. (I run a slightly cleaner version of that on my main PC, not my media center). It's great to get both Info and trailers on the same view.

- ekim232 - 2010-06-08

jimmydean1 Wrote:Alright thanks.

Here's another question. Is it possible for views that already have trailers, to have trailers start imediately in place of the info tab? So you would click the same button to switch to the info tab, but trailers would open by default. This really isn't a question specific to your skin, but i was wondering if you would know the answer. Smile

In all honesty, I'd love to have a view similar to the modded confluence halfwall but had Trailers instead of extra thumbs, and of course, was more aesthetically pleasing. (I run a slightly cleaner version of that on my main PC, not my media center). It's great to get both Info and trailers on the same view.

I am sure there would be some kind of hack for it. Make a post in the skin development forum and see what people say. You would need to restrict the info window (basically delete it). My initial guess would be to create a fake button in it that has an onfocus to launch the trailer. Basically an empty window xml, so no textures show up. You do know there is a trailer button in the info window.

That view is nice, but I don't think it fits well with what I have going on. Right now I think I got a good mixture of views and kind of have that on lock down until I get all my refinements and features down. I can't think of a way to get trailers to work in any wall view unless you add a dialog window with a button for it. I read a discuss on something similiar a week or so ago.

- nekrosoft13 - 2010-06-09

is the skin compatible with 30xxx builds?

- robinsj - 2010-06-09

Asked and answered. It says what rev it is compatible with in the first post. I have it working with the newest dsplayer revision. But ekim232 has stated he will not support the new revisions until the stable is released.

- fr500 - 2010-06-09

ekim232 Wrote:I do not plan on putting the old homescreen in for now. Maybe in the future once I get bored.

Banners on the info screen have been fixed, but I have not put out that version yet. I am not going to add an option to dim the fanart. I have over 2000 movies and have not problem getting fanart for them all. I had to make a few of my own but I have them.

Oh well, thanks, guess If I really want it need to lookup how to do it (ie: ask around Big Grin)

- paul - 2010-06-09

nekrosoft13 Wrote:is the skin compatible with 30xxx builds?
To be honest it does run ok the latest builds. but if you can live without dxva2 video acceleration then stick with camelot 9.11 as the skin works far better with that build, even on my asrock ion which surprised meHuh

- jimmydean1 - 2010-06-09

ekim232 Wrote:That view is nice, but I don't think it fits well with what I have going on. Right now I think I got a good mixture of views and kind of have that on lock down until I get all my refinements and features down. I can't think of a way to get trailers to work in any wall view unless you add a dialog window with a button for it. I read a discuss on something similiar a week or so ago.

Yeah sorry I didn't mean to suggest a similar view, only that it gets a ton of movies on one page, plus the Info, Fanart, and thumbs/trailer. Which is why I use it on my main PC for my personal use for efficiency, and your skin on my Media center for sexiness. Smile

- Lister of Smeg - 2010-06-09

Hey All,

I have just updated to the latest official nightly (30898) from an unoffical svn (30260).

I have been using Legacy Dark on 30260 by using the addon.xml amendment, but in 30898 that doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone had any luck with getting any skins (except confluence) working with the latest nightly?

P.S. I am aware that ekim isn't supporting Legacy on newer versions until 10.05 is released. just thought someone may have a workaround?

Thanks