Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=74474)

- handsomepete - 2010-09-10

jeanoj Wrote:Hi Solver,

One thing that I'm really missing from your plugin is the ability to have "radio mode".

There is a perl module that supports this functionality so it shouldn't be too hard to replicate. http://kobesearch.cpan.org/htdocs/WWW-Grooveshark/WWW/Grooveshark.html#AUTOPLAY

I'm just wondering if you've been in contact with the GrooveShark team and if you think they would approve of such a feature. They seem to be somewhat protective of their api.

I'll start working on that tomorrow and where I can get.

Any updates on getting radio mode working?

- Icarus3000 - 2010-09-11

This is my first attempt at adding a script/(addon?) to XBMC. I am running the Dharma Beta 1 on Windows 7.

If someone can point me to a general how-to, that would be great. I have checked the online manual on how to install addons, but from what I can see it appears to be XBox-specific.

Once I download the grooveshark zip file, where should I save it, and how do I tell XBMC to run it?

I apologize in advance for such a lame question, but like I said, I couldn't find a sticky anywhere about how to install addons, nor did I see updated Windows info in the manual.

Thanks!

- jolid - 2010-09-11

Icarus3000 Wrote:This is my first attempt at adding a script/(addon?) to XBMC. I am running the Dharma Beta 1 on Windows 7.

If someone can point me to a general how-to, that would be great. I have checked the online manual on how to install addons, but from what I can see it appears to be XBox-specific.

Once I download the grooveshark zip file, where should I save it, and how do I tell XBMC to run it?

I apologize in advance for such a lame question, but like I said, I couldn't find a sticky anywhere about how to install addons, nor did I see updated Windows info in the manual.

Thanks!

On home-screen choose Settings and then look for add-on, there you will be able to download scripts and plugins. You can point xbmc to your downloaded zip-file or download it from the same screen and the installation is automatic.

Good luck..

- solver - 2010-09-11

jabba200 Wrote:Any updates on getting radio mode working?

It seems that Grooveshark is still working on the autoplay function. A lot of the procedures for Autoplay have been changing in the API these past weeks. So most of the code is in place on my end, but I'm waiting for the API to settle before I activate it in the script.

- Icarus3000 - 2010-09-11

jolid Wrote:On home-screen choose Settings and then look for add-on, there you will be able to download scripts and plugins. You can point xbmc to your downloaded zip-file or download it from the same screen and the installation is automatic.

Good luck..

OK, that sounds like a good place to start Smile

So I did as you wrote and told it to install from the zip file. Now how do I initiate the addon? If I installed it correctly, I assume it should show up in my list of "enabled addons", right? However, it doesn't show up on that list, so I assume the installation didn't work properly. Do you have any other suggestions on how I can ensure it installed properly?

Thanks again!

- solver - 2010-09-12

Icarus3000 Wrote:OK, that sounds like a good place to start Smile

So I did as you wrote and told it to install from the zip file. Now how do I initiate the addon? If I installed it correctly, I assume it should show up in my list of "enabled addons", right? However, it doesn't show up on that list, so I assume the installation didn't work properly. Do you have any other suggestions on how I can ensure it installed properly?

Thanks again!

Don't use the zip file - it's not compatible with dharma. Use the one in the repo. Go to settings -> add-ons -> get add-ons -> xbmc.org add-ons -> music add-ons -> grooveshark

- mwthrane - 2010-09-13

Hello

Thank you for writing this great script.

But I do have some trouble getting it working.

I'm using Beta 1 dharma and windows 7 x64.

I installed using the plugin manager and I can see it is enabled under "enabled script". But I dont see it under neither scripts or add-ons.

I don't see anything related to grooveshark under the actual folder either.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advace.

- solver - 2010-09-13

mwthrane Wrote:Hello

Thank you for writing this great script.

But I do have some trouble getting it working.

I'm using Beta 1 dharma and windows 7 x64.

I installed using the plugin manager and I can see it is enabled under "enabled script". But I dont see it under neither scripts or add-ons.

I don't see anything related to grooveshark under the actual folder either.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advace.

You should be able to find it in music -> music add-ons. (Not in add-ons manager, but where you add your music sources)

- mwthrane - 2010-09-13

I've been looking there aswell, but it's not there.

- dominater01 - 2010-09-14

can you move or remove that now playing in the left side of the screen
check page 2 of this thread to know what im talking about

Groovylists.com - Agin - 2010-09-14

Thanks for a very nice addon.

I was not too familiar with GrooveShark, but then reckoned it was pretty easy to convert iTunes and Spotify playlists with http://groovylists.com/ to set up similar playlists available from GrooveShark! Smile

One thing - is last.fm scrobbling something which is planned (my ordinary xbmc music gets scrobbled) ?
EDIT: That seems to be possible outside the addon already through RSS feeds, http://grooveshark.ub3rk1tten.com/scrobbler/

- Icarus3000 - 2010-09-14

solver Wrote:Don't use the zip file - it's not compatible with dharma. Use the one in the repo. Go to settings -> add-ons -> get add-ons -> xbmc.org add-ons -> music add-ons -> grooveshark

That worked, thanks!

- boognish43 - 2010-09-15

Thank you sooo much for creating this plugin! I fell in love with grooveshark at work and now i can enjoy the playlists i make during the day Smile

is there any way to shuffle the playlist? Not sure if this has come up before.. just thought id ask

thanks again

- solver - 2010-09-15

boognish43 Wrote:Thank you sooo much for creating this plugin! I fell in love with grooveshark at work and now i can enjoy the playlists i make during the day Smile

is there any way to shuffle the playlist? Not sure if this has come up before.. just thought id ask

thanks again

It's available in the latest version (0.2.5). It uses XBMC's own playlist so all it's features are now working.

Please look at the first post. It's been updated. - solver - 2010-09-15

Hi,

It can be a little hard to keep up with the thread at times so some of your requests/bugs might get lost. Please read the first post in this thread and if there are things that you have reported/requested please submit it in the issue tracker.

The new version (0.2.5) has had some major rewrites so expect a bug or two. Put anything you might find in the issue tracker.

I've just requested the pull for version 0.2.5 from my repo so it might not show up yet. If you're impatient, grab it from svn.

VERSION 0.2.5 DOES NOT WORK ON DHARMA-BETA2!

Found the cause. CPluginDirectory::GetPluginResult() was changed in Dharma-Beta2. Will talk to the devs to see what can be done.