Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=74474)

- boognish43 - 2010-09-16

solver Wrote:It's available in the latest version (0.2.5). It uses XBMC's own playlist so all it's features are now working.

well thats awesome news! I just noticed its not working for dharma 2 - ill just keep an eye on this thread and wait for the go ahead! thanks again!

Now works on Dharma Beta 2 - solver - 2010-09-16

The script now works on Dharma Beta 2 (0.2.6). Found a workaround for changes between beta1 and beta2.

- solver - 2010-09-16

Agin Wrote:One thing - is last.fm scrobbling something which is planned (my ordinary xbmc music gets scrobbled) ?
EDIT: That seems to be possible outside the addon already through RSS feeds, http://grooveshark.ub3rk1tten.com/scrobbler/

Anything that is played in xbmc is scrobbled - that goes for anything you play in the grooveshark script to. Or did I miss your point?

- solver - 2010-09-16

mwthrane Wrote:I've been looking there aswell, but it's not there.

Not sure what's wrong then. A debug log would do wonders ;-)

- aptalca - 2010-09-16

Man, not only this script has awesome functionality, it also has the best design and skinning job out of all xbmc scripts in my opinion.

It required no setting up, or figuring out. Works great out of the box (or download) and extremely intuitive. My favorite functionality is that the queue is integrated with xbmc's queue so you can leave the script, do a bunch of other stuff while still listening to the playlist, come back later and add more songs to the list.

Great job

I hope other add-on'ers (for lack of a better term) follow your lead on the visuals.

- solver - 2010-09-16

aptalca Wrote:Man, not only this script has awesome functionality, it also has the best design and skinning job out of all xbmc scripts in my opinion.

It required no setting up, or figuring out. Works great out of the box (or download) and extremely intuitive. My favorite functionality is that the queue is integrated with xbmc's queue so you can leave the script, do a bunch of other stuff while still listening to the playlist, come back later and add more songs to the list.

Great job

I hope other add-on'ers (for lack of a better term) follow your lead on the visuals.

Thanks! But I really can't take credit for the skin - that was created by cool_bombom. So I suggest you buy him a beer next time you see him ;-)

- Flomaster - 2010-09-17

EDIT:just noticed I am on version 2.6 I will have to play with it tonight and see if I am able to back out to main menu

maybe the newer version allows for for GS to run in the background, but when ever I try and back out of it using my menu button it says do you really want to close GS....
the previous button does not back me out into main music menu like it does every where else in xbmc..

possible remote.xml config problem?

-=Jason=-

- solver - 2010-09-17

Flomaster Wrote:EDIT:just noticed I am on version 2.6 I will have to play with it tonight and see if I am able to back out to main menu

maybe the newer version allows for for GS to run in the background, but when ever I try and back out of it using my menu button it says do you really want to close GS....
the previous button does not back me out into main music menu like it does every where else in xbmc..

possible remote.xml config problem?

-=Jason=-

Everything you've queued will keep on playing even if you close grooveshark. XBMC just calls the API part of the script as needed regardless of the running state of the script

- Flomaster - 2010-09-17

Maybe it's because I haven't added songs to the que. I just load my play list and play from it. I did notice out will play the current song then stop once exited from GS

-= jason=-

- Agin - 2010-09-17

solver Wrote:Anything that is played in xbmc is scrobbled - that goes for anything you play in the grooveshark script to. Or did I miss your point?

Hi. Agree that anything playing in xbmc's music player normally should be scrobbled, thanks for that hint *ahem*. Running Dharma Beta1 and script version 0.2.5 it wasn't scrobbled anyway. Had a look at xbmc.log , and couldn't find any errors.

Updated to 0.2.6 , no difference.
Updating xbmc to Dharma Beta 2 as well - now scroobling works great Big Grin

- Agin - 2010-09-17

Flomaster Wrote:Maybe it's because I haven't added songs to the que. I just load my play list and play from it. I did notice out will play the current song then stop once exited from GS

-= jason=-

Just try to 1) load the playlist you want inside GS , 2) choose "Enqueue all" instead of "Play" on the track you want, and then "Play" after that - then exit GS.

That solved it for me, enqueuing everything from a playlist, then exit GS, and xbmc music player has got the playlist active.Smile

EDIT: Above procedure not necessary for 0.2.6 when tested on Dharma beta 2

- solver - 2010-09-17

Agin Wrote:Just try to 1) load the playlist you want inside GS , 2) choose "Enqueue all" instead of "Play" on the track you want, and then "Play" after that - then exit GS.

That solved it for me, enqueuing everything from a playlist, then exit GS, and xbmc music player has got the playlist active.Smile

That shouldn't be necessary. If you choose play it should clear the playlist and enqueue all the songs in the current view and start playing the song you selected. And keep playing them after you exit grooveshark. Would you mind uploading a debug log to pastebin for when you chose play for song?

- Agin - 2010-09-17

solver Wrote:That shouldn't be necessary. If you choose play it should clear the playlist and enqueue all the songs in the current view and start playing the song you selected. And keep playing them after you exit grooveshark. Would you mind uploading a debug log to pastebin for when you chose play for song?

You're right, it is not necessary anymore in 0.2.6 (tested on Dharma beta 2).

- Flomaster - 2010-09-17

EDIT:GS V0.2.6 is working as it should, I do NOT need to enque my entire playlist after I have loaded it. I can back out of GS and browse photos, or fart around in the other menus

solver Wrote:That shouldn't be necessary. If you choose play it should clear the playlist and enqueue all the songs in the current view and start playing the song you selected. And keep playing them after you exit grooveshark. Would you mind uploading a debug log to pastebin for when you chose play for song?

maybe it won't be necessary now that im on 2.6

I will upload a debug log, when I get home...

what I have done in the past,

load playlist, play song, exit GS, when the current song is done it doesn't not play the next song in my playlist..

- Icarus3000 - 2010-09-20

Running Dharma Beta 2 with GrooveShark Addon 0.2.6.

I have only played around with the addon a few times, but when I tried to start it yesterday, nothing happened. I rebooted the computer a few times, but that didn't help. I'll try to uninstall and re-install the add-on, but does anyone know why it would happen? Basically I select the "Grooveshark" addon but nothing happens.