Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=74474)

- solver - 2010-11-27

Skisax22 Wrote:ok here we go. http://pastebin.com/bZeryNyC. thanks

There's a bunch of errors in the log that I, at the moment, have no idea why you are getting. I'll see if I can't figure it out. Stay tuned

- solver - 2010-11-27

xytreme99 Wrote:I am using dharma release and cirrus skin. Grooveshark loads + play fine but if i leave the screen, ie to home page or music visualisation, I can't seem to get back to grooveshark (although the music continues to play in the background). Clicking on grooveshark again makes no difference. The only way is to restart XBMC.

Ideas ?

I believe it's a bug in XBMC. If you leave a script without closing it first, XBMC can't start the script again since it is already running. I've tried to describe the problem here. No solution yet. For now you have to close the script before you jump to another window.

- solver - 2010-11-27

seninha Wrote:Wonder if somebody knows a solution for this new session ID.

Installed today V 0.2.9 on my Beta 2 Dharma and having this message en then script stops.

It's been fixed in the new version (0.3.1) which should be available now.

- Jopplehead - 2010-11-29

Is anyone still getting the session ID error? I installed the latest from svn and it gives the error and won't start at all.

Apple TV 1st gen - mique - 2010-11-30

Can someone please advise if this script will work on the ATV 1st gen ( White)
I see from the first post it may not....Platform (XBOX/Linux/Windows/Mac)
If it will, I may need some help. I have XBMC 9.11 26081 and downloaded the 8 files from the Link suggested and put them in the 'My Script" folder. I can see the script but when I click on it I get a 'Script Error' box pop up.

Thanks

No Problem downloaded XBMC update, now all working great. Thanks for the srcipt!!

- solver - 2010-12-01

mique Wrote:Can someone please advise if this script will work on the ATV 1st gen ( White)
I see from the first post it may not....Platform (XBOX/Linux/Windows/Mac)
If it will, I may need some help. I have XBMC 9.11 26081 and downloaded the 8 files from the Link suggested and put them in the 'My Script" folder. I can see the script but when I click on it I get a 'Script Error' box pop up.

Thanks

I must admit that I don't know much about the apple tv and xbmc. It SHOULD work, but I don't actively support XBMC 9.11 anymore. You would have to do a checkout of the code which is explained in the first post of this thread.
Though the easiest way to install the script would be to upgrade to XBMC Dharma and install the script through the add-on manager...

- mique - 2010-12-01

Your suggestion fixed the problem, thanks for a great script.

- Annie - 2010-12-04

solver Wrote:It's been fixed in the new version (0.3.1) which should be available now.

Hi I can't seem to log in. I'm using the correct login information and I waited a couple of minutes and restarted XBMC.
Also, I can't find this new version (0.3.1) anywhere. I'm running XBMC on Windows by the way (I don't understand what Dharma or pre-Dharma mean Smile I keep referencing it to Lost). Thanks!

- solver - 2010-12-04

Annie Wrote:Hi I can't seem to log in. I'm using the correct login information and I waited a couple of minutes and restarted XBMC.
Also, I can't find this new version (0.3.1) anywhere. I'm running XBMC on Windows by the way (I don't understand what Dharma or pre-Dharma mean Smile I keep referencing it to Lost). Thanks!

Dharma is the upcoming release of XBMC. It has an add-on manager where you can get the newest script from within XBMC. I'd really recommend upgrading. Otherwise, I've just uploaded version 0.3.1 on the project page. Get it here and install it as you're used to.

- dominater01 - 2010-12-04

hey solver im having skin issues with grooveshark 3.1 for some reason the images for playlists and the image when you try to play a song but the background and settings skin works perfect each time

im using pm3 regular not hd xbmc4xbox

also alot of times the script freezes when playing a song like play a song then go to anything on the left selector does nothing but the song still plays but i have to restart my xbox

these issues i wouldnt think would be on the debug log so i tried to explain it the best i could

1 more thing theres no radio on the script witch i thought you added i could be wrong

- Annie - 2010-12-04

solver Wrote:Dharma is the upcoming release of XBMC. It has an add-on manager where you can get the newest script from within XBMC. I'd really recommend upgrading. Otherwise, I've just uploaded version 0.3.1 on the project page. Get it here and install it as you're used to.

Okay I got the Dharma version and everything is working fine. Thank you so much!

I had edited this single post a lot so I hope you didn't get updates for EVERY edit...if so, I apologize.

- solver - 2010-12-10

dominater01 Wrote:hey solver im having skin issues with grooveshark 3.1 for some reason the images for playlists and the image when you try to play a song but the background and settings skin works perfect each time

im using pm3 regular not hd xbmc4xbox

also alot of times the script freezes when playing a song like play a song then go to anything on the left selector does nothing but the song still plays but i have to restart my xbox

these issues i wouldnt think would be on the debug log so i tried to explain it the best i could

1 more thing theres no radio on the script witch i thought you added i could be wrong

Radio isn't supported on the XBOX, only on Dharma.

Could you upload a log? I think I might know why the backgrounds for the new menu doesn't show up. Don't know why it freezes though...

- solver - 2010-12-10

Annie Wrote:I had edited this single post a lot so I hope you didn't get updates for EVERY edit...if so, I apologize.

I don't receive notifications about new post in the forum so no worries.

- Hack_kid - 2010-12-10

hey solver script so coming along nicely. acouple things. I noticed the thumbs for songs that have no thumb no longer works. its just blank. any idea why? also any word on chainging the xbox "shuffle" to actual shuffle rright now its random. would it not be easier to just have a 5th player control button that is shuffle and when pressed simply shuffles whats in Now playing into a random order each time its pressed? and lastly. I dont know how if this can be dones cuz of legal issues but can we save the currint playing song to the hard drive some how? thanks in adavnce

- dominater01 - 2010-12-10

solver Wrote:Could you upload a log? I think I might know why the backgrounds for the new menu doesn't show up. Don't know why it freezes though...

heres hopefully a debug log of just the skin issue for now

http://pastebin.com/h1uKJuK4

heres a log hopefully showing you why its freezing
http://pastebin.com/HsECUa3u

now that im looking at the debug log for the second 1 it seems that mplayer is causing memory leaks that might be causing it to freeze but its the only player i can use