Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=74474)

- javiertoti - 2011-02-09

Don't work for me. I have a python error when launch the script in xbox xbmc r26316 (3 jan 2010).

What should I do?

Thanks.

- solver - 2011-02-09

I'm a little pressed for time at the moment, but I'll get back to you guys when I get the chance. Keep on testing!

- Metsadah - 2011-02-10

How can I get this script to work, when I want to install it still says its broken so I cant install it.

- japhule - 2011-02-10

Metsadah Wrote:How can I get this script to work, when I want to install it still says its broken so I cant install it.

The 3.2 beta is avail here from the first post:
http://code.google.com/p/grooveshark-for-xbmc/downloads/detail?name=script.audio.grooveshark-v0.3.2-beta.zip&can=2&q=

- Vrok - 2011-02-11

Why does it take so much time for a song to start playing?

- rbrohman - 2011-02-11

Vrok Wrote:Why does it take so much time for a song to start playing?

From the first post:

solver Wrote:GrooveShark for XBMC
FAQ
  • Q: There's a long delay between selecting a song till it actually starts playing. What gives?
    A: It's a cache issue with paplayer. Insert the following rule in userdata/playercorefactory.xml:
    Code:
    <playercorefactory>
        <rules action="prepend">
        <rule audio="true" player="audiodefaultplayer">
            <rule filename="*grooveshark.com*" player="dvdplayer"/>
        </rule>
        </rules>
    </playercorefactory>
    Playercorefactory.xml might not exist. If it doesn't, create it. Have a look here for the location of playercorefactory.xml.

- Vrok - 2011-02-11

Thank you

Is there anyway to add to favourites.xml a "Play all my favourites" button?
Is there anyway to make grooveshark play all the time between other stuff on the background?

- dallasnights - 2011-02-13

Well I updated to 4.21 FW on ATV today since a new JB came out, all seems fine except Grooveshark, i used the latest 03.2 installed, put in my credentials, and suddenly it freezes on the blue screen with the GS logo, showing 0 Tracks and the only way I can get out of it now is to unplug the ATV and replug it in cause it locks the screen

Is there any fix for this

thanks all

- rflores2323 - 2011-02-13

Can u play continuous tracks or playlists with this script? I am on an atv2. How is the performance on an atv2?

Also what is difference between this addon and the other addon for grooveshark?

- dallasnights - 2011-02-13

0.32 worked great on 4.1 FW for me, and yes it continuous play worked well, but for some reason now on FW 4.2 its not working for me, hope the dev can get on this board and advise what I can do

PS
This script is from the original the other is a special one untill they got working till they updated the API since Grooveshark changed things I believe
The other script works good too, but I cant get continuous play to work at all even with the USR file they suggest

The new version should be out soon - solver - 2011-02-14

As I said earlier, I haven't had that much time lately to work on the Grooveshark script. But all the issues you guys have had with the beta have been noted and should be fixed now. Hopefully I'll get the new version out the door in a day or two. Stay tuned.

- solver - 2011-02-14

dallasnights Wrote:0.32 worked great on 4.1 FW for me, and yes it continuous play worked well, but for some reason now on FW 4.2 its not working for me, hope the dev can get on this board and advise what I can do

Dev on the board Wink This is not necessarily related to the ATV. I think it might be a bug that occurs when reinstalling the script and entering credentials. Could you post xbmc.log to pastebin?

EDIT: Just realized that you probably have to do a tethered boot of the ATV2, right? I'm not familiar with the ATV2 build so I don't know if the logs survive a hard reset...

- dallasnights - 2011-02-14

Solver I am untetherd, FW 4.21 JB greenpoison on my ATV2 but I can not get the XBMC Debug Log to work,
it wont save it pastie bin or copy to folder or send me an email like it says it is suppose to
I am not sure how I can show you the crash and freeze, maybe you or someone can direct me the way I can get you what you need via SSH or something

Thanks all

xbmc doesn't load through - Jarcol - 2011-02-16

When I start the addon (and have the user-credentials filled in) grooveshark in xbmc starts, but then shows Tracks: 0
Image or click

How can I fix this?

- dallasnights - 2011-02-16

I think the dev is working on a new version taht will fix it all for us on 4.21 based on what was written a few days ago, so I guess we have to be patient