Kodi Community Forum
[LIVE] HOW-TO Install XBMC on Lucid Mini with PCM Multichannel and Nvidia 256.25 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [LIVE] HOW-TO Install XBMC on Lucid Mini with PCM Multichannel and Nvidia 256.25 (/showthread.php?tid=74778)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

- harryzimm - 2010-07-18

Im not sure tbh. I've never tried it.

- Alpinestar777 - 2010-07-18

@harryzimm
I'm using a i3 530 on a intel gigabyte h55 mainboard, I'm using onboard gpu and sound. in alsamixer it comes up with intel g45 for my sound.

@tkainusa
think you will need to stop and remove the existing install beforehand. Read somewhere on these forums that is the only way to upgrade/downgrade.

sudo service xbmc-live stop
sudo apt-get remove xbmc*

I'm a complete linux noob so please make a backup beforehand.

- harryzimm - 2010-07-18

This guide is meant for a nvidia gpu. Intel gpu's are not supported.

cheers

- tkainusa - 2010-07-18

Alpinestar777 Wrote:@harryzimm
I'm using a i3 530 on a intel gigabyte h55 mainboard, I'm using onboard gpu and sound. in alsamixer it comes up with intel g45 for my sound.

@tkainusa
think you will need to stop and remove the existing install beforehand. Read somewhere on these forums that is the only way to upgrade/downgrade.

sudo service xbmc-live stop
sudo apt-get remove xbmc*

I'm a complete linux noob so please make a backup beforehand.

Thanks for help, but it didn't help. It would be nice to know how to install nightly build after minimal installation.

- harryzimm - 2010-07-18

just use the svn-ppa. It offers nightly builds most of the time

cheers

- tkainusa - 2010-07-18

harryzimm Wrote:just use the svn-ppa. It offers nightly builds most of the time

cheers

I just want to test newest builds, because I have some judder problems with certain files. Some .mkv files (series) doesn't play smoothly and some .xvid files lose sync to audio (or subtitles). I think it's not possible to get all files to work Smile

harryzimm Wrote:This guide is meant for a nvidia gpu. Intel gpu's are not supported.

cheers

Thanks harryzimm

I've got the gpu sorted, its just sound at the mo, any pointers at all. Works fine with xbmcfreaks live cd

- harryzimm - 2010-07-18

im not sure i understand. You are using a intel gpu and trying to get hdmi audio working?

Everything is onboard,
I've followed the guide and just skipped the sections regarding the nvidia drivers. All working a treat except no sound.

- harryzimm - 2010-07-18

Yes but sound via hdmi is gpu specific. Like i said, this guide is for nvidia only. I have no experience with intel gpu's. I suggest finding another guide or reverting to xbmcfreaks live cd.

cheers

Thanks for that, will investigate the forums further. Its a minefield of info and most of it geared to nvidia gpus.

- Tyler Durden - 2010-07-18

harryzimm Wrote:what osd is it? push tab to get back to the movie in fullscreen. Its most likely something stupid Smile. Try pushin enter whilst playing or i.

This is the OSD that I cannot get rid of

Pushing enter brings up the Player Controls, and "I" shows the Media Info, but nothing I press will get rid of this Seeking OSD :confused2:

Tab just toggles showing the menu system in front of the movie that's playing on and off.

- harryzimm - 2010-07-18

Never seen that before. I get that osd when i push ff then play or pause then play but it disapears after a few seconds. Try changing to a different skin first. If that doesn't work try deleting guisettings.xml

Quote:rm ~/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml

cheers

- Tyler Durden - 2010-07-18

In "Night" skin, there is another OSD that will not disappear, it is across the bottom of the screen.

I'll try that command and see how I go.

Thanks

- harryzimm - 2010-07-18

you have to restart xbmc after you delete the file

cheers