Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Logo Downloader Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Logo Downloader Script (/showthread.php?tid=74912)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

- timdog82001 - 2011-01-10

The only way to access this script is through a skin that calls on it, correct? I personally would very much appreciate the option to run it from the programs or video addons section manually, with some configurable options, since I am frequently adding new shows to my library. One option that would be very useful to me would be the ability to choose exactly which icons you would like it to download, and also the ability to choose the filenames for the different icons, mainly for the folder.jpg which I would like to save as landscape.jpg instead, because I use poster icons for folder.jpg. As it is, every time I run the script, I have to go through all the folders and change the names of all the folder.jpg's to landscape, and delete the folder.jpg's it added to older shows that already have the landscape.jpg. I hope that makes sense!

Anyway, amazing script. Simple function but extremely useful Smile

- ppic - 2011-01-10

for that you can change the skin call in xml, names are there.

- cd492 - 2011-01-10

At the moment I`m using the MQ 2 Skin and every time when I add a new show I change to the Neon Skin and use the script and change then back again. Sure it would be more comfortable when you could use it via the addons without changing the skin. But I think the 30 sec. you need for changing the skin is not really a problem. I`m glad you invented this script at all, so thanks for that!

- ppic - 2011-01-10

it up to users/skinners to integrate all infos are available.

- Kagenoshin - 2011-01-17

Hi, like ameinild I added some logo.pngs (manually) and now I want to replace them and I don't want to delete the db's. So I tried to replace them by using the script in Transparency!, but it didn't work. So I downloaded the Night skin, and there I used the script. So both times (in Transpacency and Night), the script downloaded the logos I wanted, but in the end, the logos didn't change. Sad

Does someone has an idea, where the problem could be or what else I could do (expect deleting the db's)?

- ppic - 2011-01-17

if you used the bulk download, it's normal, cause i didn't refresh the cache part (normally used to download non present logo).

the solution, wait, the cache will reset by itself.

I think, I did a solo download (only for the few (3) TVShows, where I don't like the logos I've choosen).

But I will see, if the logos will be updated, thx a lot.

Ok about solo download.

If I use Night, go to TVShows, then lets say I press the Infobutton on Psych and then I choose GetLogos (or so (in German it's Erhalte Logos Smile)). After that I choose Logos and then I pick a logo, which I like (in the list). Then I do a solo search (or not)?

So if this is a solo download, where could be the problem, that I don't get the new logos?

- ppic - 2011-01-17

you're on linux?

Yes I am Smile
(A minimal Linux version, from a XBMC LiveCD)

- ppic - 2011-01-17

ok, i don't know why, it works pretty well on windows, but i'm also running linux minimal install and have the same as you, the logo will update itself alone, just a matter of time, that's how it works on my setup.

- DejaVu - 2011-01-17

Can the script be updated for the new location?

The script still reports the logos come from lockstockmods.net which has now been changed to fanart.tv. Smile

hmm ok np. how much time does it take until the cache will be updated?

- ppic - 2011-01-17

dejavu77, the domain is redirected, so no problem so far.

kagenoshin: 24-48h i think

- Kagenoshin - 2011-01-18

ok thx a lot, I hope it will work Smile