Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX] Apple TV Crystalbuntu (Ubuntu Linux and Crystal HD) Disk Image for Apple TV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [LINUX] Apple TV Crystalbuntu (Ubuntu Linux and Crystal HD) Disk Image for Apple TV (/showthread.php?tid=74992)

"Your session only lasted less than 10 seconds" - Ubuntu Error - funkdr_1999 - 2010-08-26

Sorry for being a total noob, but I've tried to update my xbmc build via SSH/PuTTY and after I run the reboot command I get this error "Your session only lasted less than 10 seconds." right before it would normally boot to xbmc. Can anyone explain why this is happening? Thanks a lot in advance.

- Aslan2120 - 2010-08-26

First I would like to say thank you to all of the developers here for all of the hard work you have put in. XBMC is an amazing product. This thread has been great to read through and experiment with.

I do have one question though, last night I updated XBMC and the Crystal drivers and I lost the ability to select the Crystal Card in the XBMC settings. Now I know that at one time you could not go above a certain release becasue that function was being worked on. Is this still the case? I have searched but have not found anything conclusive. Could you please let me know if the most recent svn release has the ability to select the card? Thank you again for all of your work. I really apreciate it.

- davilla - 2010-08-26

Aslan2120 Wrote:First I would like to say thank you to all of the developers here for all of the hard work you have put in. XBMC is an amazing product. This thread has been great to read through and experiment with.

I do have one question though, last night I updated XBMC and the Crystal drivers and I lost the ability to select the Crystal Card in the XBMC settings. Now I know that at one time you could not go above a certain release becasue that function was being worked on. Is this still the case? I have searched but have not found anything conclusive. Could you please let me know if the most recent svn release has the ability to select the card? Thank you again for all of your work. I really apreciate it.

Yep, it's there and working.

- Aslan2120 - 2010-08-26

Again thank you for all your work on this and I must apploigize. Right after I posted I found the post on page 87.

I am a little concerned still though since I upgraded and the ability to select is not there. Would you suggest that I remove XBMC and re-install instead of doing another upgrade? That is something that I did not try last night.

- davilla - 2010-08-26

Aslan2120 Wrote:Again thank you for all your work on this and I must apploigize. Right after I posted I found the post on page 87.

I am a little concerned still though since I upgraded and the ability to select is not there. Would you suggest that I remove XBMC and re-install instead of doing another upgrade? That is something that I did not try last night.

I suggest looking at some logs and not guessing. dmesg for driver load, xbmc.log for libcrystalhd load. You can pastebin them to http://www.pastebin.com

- tooshna - 2010-08-28

To Sam/Pin.

When you release your minimal versions of dharma will you add in an automatic update feature so that no coding is required?

- Sam.Nazarko - 2010-08-28

Shouldn't be too difficult. Could do a script that checks out the latest SVN and installs latest XBMC from repo, and to make that more flexible you could host that on a server and have it wgeted every time. So you run something like:

./update.sh

- davilla - 2010-08-28

tooshna Wrote:To Sam/Pin.

When you release your minimal versions of dharma will you add in an automatic update feature so that no coding is required?

what happens when auto update installs a version that you don't want ?

- tooshna - 2010-08-29

davilla Wrote:what happens when auto update installs a version that you don't want ?

Well if possible it could be like xbmc running on the standard appletv where you can check for downloads and see the latest update and if you want you can choose to install or not install.

- Sam.Nazarko - 2010-08-29

Hmm Davilla has a point. I haven't thought about it much but there's always the Y/N confirmation with apt-get. Though the ./update.sh could download another script that has an index of the latest CrystalHD and XBMC builds and then the user can enter the r(xxxxx) number they want from a list.

- JDizzy - 2010-08-29

Sam.Nazarko Wrote:Hmm Davilla has a point. I haven't thought about it much but there's always the Y/N confirmation with apt-get. Though the ./update.sh could download another script that has an index of the latest CrystalHD and XBMC builds and then the user can enter the r(xxxxx) number they want from a list.

That would be cool... to have it turned off by default with the option of turning it on to download a specific update (or downgrade).
Hopefully the music crossfading and ProjectM viz will be included in the package also. I use the music capabilities of XBMC 80% of the time.
Thanks for your work!

- newsilentsilver - 2010-08-30

defiler Wrote:I'll skim over this quickly because I'm sure I've covered it elsewhere on this thread, and I need to get to work.

1) Use parted to list the size of the partitions on the USB drive (in sectors or bytes). Write them down.
2) Use dd to overwrite the partition table. dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdx bs=512 count=3 (replace sdx with the device for your USB drive).
3) Use parted to create a new GPT disk label and then add the partitions in at exactly the same size as before. Marvel at the free, unallocated space that wasn't there before.

That gets you past the parted bug so you can use it to modify your partitions however you want.

Thank you - but doesn't give it an easier way? Under Windows eg.? Oo

- m_lopez_h - 2010-08-31

I ran into the same problem last night and am going to re-image the drive and start from scratch. Were you able to find out what caused the "Your session only lasted less than 10 seconds" error?

funkdr_1999 Wrote:Sorry for being a total noob, but I've tried to update my xbmc build via SSH/PuTTY and after I run the reboot command I get this error "Your session only lasted less than 10 seconds." right before it would normally boot to xbmc. Can anyone explain why this is happening? Thanks a lot in advance.

- lixer - 2010-08-31

Davilla,

I managed to crash my xbmc several times:

Here are all the crash logs and xbmc log:

Crash Log 1

Crash Log 2

Crash Log 3

Xbmc Log

Here is the CrystalHD related part from dmesg:

[ 127.515516] crystalhd 0000:02:00.0: Entering chd_dec_open
[ 127.515529] crystalhd 0000:02:00.0: Opening new user[0] handle
[ 76.669087] [crystalhd_flea_download_fw]: Sz:864276
[ 76.783193] crystalhd 0000:02:00.0: [crystalhd_flea_download_fw]: step 7. Done RetVal:400019

I'm unable to reproduce the same behavior this morning.

- xpo_dk - 2010-08-31

I know I might be stupid - but how do I get the IMG onto the USB stick using MAC?

I've tried disktools - but it comes up with an error...

And I guess it's so "simple" that I should have figured it out Sad