Kodi Community Forum
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) (/showthread.php?tid=75437)

- vijayk416 - 2011-10-17

Great plugin. Sorry if this has already been addressed, but is there a specific configuration to only show non-english subtitles, or is that a function of the file that is downloaded (i.e. I just need to find the right file)?

Thanks,
Vijay

- amet - 2011-10-17

woompa Wrote:How do I turn off subtitles? Sometimes they will not sync with video and I would rather turn them back off when that happens.

pull up the OSD(the player controls) -> audio settings menu -> disable subtitles

woompa Wrote:On another note what does it mean when it says "Local subtitle available" at the bottom of the subtitles list? Does that mean that subs are already embedded in the video file? If so, how do I turn those on?

"Local subtitle available" means that there are subs already for the movie, embedded or external

downloading a new subtitle via the addon will disable the local and activate the downloaded one

- amet - 2011-10-17

slayerer666 Wrote:I'm a new xbmc user on windows. I used to run the classic version on the old xbox.

when I press the subtitlebutton all I get is script failed.

http://pastebin.com/JnH65zpC

I looked at the log but could not make anything of it.

Thank you
/Daniel

looks to me you are using eden-pre version on Dharma build. how did you install?

- amet - 2011-10-17

vijayk416 Wrote:Great plugin. Sorry if this has already been addressed, but is there a specific configuration to only show non-english subtitles, or is that a function of the file that is downloaded (i.e. I just need to find the right file)?

Thanks,
Vijay

not sure I understand, you specify the languages to search for in addon settings... is that what you meant?

- piotrasd - 2011-10-17

Hi
Anybody test provider napisy24.pl ?

For my dont work, i test many movies - xbmc subtitles when start searching in napisy24.pl then out from app Sad

Im test everyweek git wersion of eden Sad
from one to next week stil this provider dont work Sad

- slayerer666 - 2011-10-17

amet Wrote:looks to me you are using eden-pre version on Dharma build. how did you install?

I'm using the latest dharma release, but I've had a preversion of eden installed. Maybe there's something left from that install. I will do a wipe of the xbmc folders before I reinstall dharma and try again.

Thank you!

Update: I wiped the xbmc folders after uninstall and reinstalled dharma again. Everything works fine now!

Thank you for developing this awesome addon.

- vijayk416 - 2011-10-17

amet Wrote:not sure I understand, you specify the languages to search for in addon settings... is that what you meant?

Sorry, no. I was watching Everything is Illuminated yesterday - English plus Russian. When I turned on subtitles people speaking English were showing as well. I assumed that the subs would only show the translation of the Russian speech. Was I wrong to assume that? Is that configurable or am I going to see all speech when I turn on subtitles?

- amet - 2011-10-17

vijayk416 Wrote:Sorry, no. I was watching Everything is Illuminated yesterday - English plus Russian. When I turned on subtitles people speaking English were showing as well. I assumed that the subs would only show the translation of the Russian speech. Was I wrong to assume that? Is that configurable or am I going to see all speech when I turn on subtitles?

those are difficult, we have no control over that. its the file you download unfortunately.

- amet - 2011-10-17

slayerer666 Wrote:I'm using the latest dharma release, but I've had a preversion of eden installed. Maybe there's something left from that install. I will do a wipe of the xbmc folders before I reinstall dharma and try again.

Thank you!

Update: I wiped the xbmc folders after uninstall and reinstalled dharma again. Everything works fine now!

Thank you for developing this awesome addon.

good Smile

np, glad you like it

- xayide - 2011-10-17

I tried this with freshly installed XBMC build 20111015 and I have following errors:
Trying latest CSI New york x264 episode from Dimension

Betaseries: Error: Local variable 'url' referenced before assignment
Bierdopje: Failed to get show id from Bierdopje for CSI New York....
Sratim: Hangs
SubDB: Error: (Errno 20) Not a directory 'volumes/shareddisk/foldername/episodename'

Footnotes:
Bierdopje was used with a show that actualy exists on the site and has subs present on the website. This very same subscript works with for instance dexter.

SubDB was tested with both parent folder and filename. Same result.

- amet - 2011-10-17

xayide Wrote:I tried this with freshly installed XBMC build 20111015 and I have following errors:
Trying latest CSI New york x264 episode from Dimension

Betaseries: Error: Local variable 'url' referenced before assignment
Bierdopje: Failed to get show id from Bierdopje for CSI New York....
Sratim: Hangs
SubDB: Error: (Errno 20) Not a directory 'volumes/shareddisk/foldername/episodename'

Footnotes:
Bierdopje was used with a show that actualy exists on the site and has subs present on the website. This very same subscript works with for instance dexter.

SubDB was tested with both parent folder and filename. Same result.

and the debug log? crystal ball aint working today Smile

- xayide - 2011-10-17

OK I made a log on my Mac. Same problems but older XBMC. Its build 20111008. I could nto log betaseries error since in debugmode the script hang xbmc. The others are in the log.

http://pastebin.com/b4GpNzqW

Btw, forgot to thank you for your awesome fast response on my first message.

- mrto - 2011-10-18

piotrasd Wrote:Hi
Anybody test provider napisy24.pl ?

For my dont work, i test many movies - xbmc subtitles when start searching in napisy24.pl then out from app Sad

Im test everyweek git wersion of eden Sad
from one to next week stil this provider dont work Sad

Fixed in eden-pre branch on git. You need to wait till Amet release new version of eden-pre plugin.

- danielkza - 2011-10-20

After receiving an automatic update on eden-pre today, Subscene's provider stopped working: the release listing loads fine, but selecting any release causes XBMC-subs (2.9.23) to keep downloading forever. The following error shows up in the logs:

Code:
removed log

I ruled out a Subscene outage/error by manually downloading the subtitle with success.

- kim1406 - 2011-10-20

danielkza Wrote:After receiving an automatic update on eden-pre today, Subscene's provider stopped working: the release listing loads fine, but selecting any release causes XBMC-subs (2.9.23) to keep downloading forever. The following error shows up in the logs:

Code:
removed log

I'm having same problem, subcene is not working any more, it keeps downloading, but nothing happens/