Kodi Community Forum
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) (/showthread.php?tid=75437)

- `Black - 2011-12-05

I have a little request for this script, should be relatively easy to do I think. I would like to display a label instead of an image for the current service provider. I can display it with $INFO[Container(150).ListItem.Label] but that wouldn't automatically change if the script switches to another service if nothing was found.

- amet - 2011-12-05

`Black Wrote:I have a little request for this script, should be relatively easy to do I think. I would like to display a label instead of an image for the current service provider. I can display it with $INFO[Container(150).ListItem.Label] but that wouldn't automatically change if the script switches to another service if nothing was found.

hm, it can be added... ATM we have no way of setting that. each service would need to set the label and then you need to pick it up

I still like the logos more as it gives the sub sites a bit more exposure in return for the service we use

picture would be great Smile

- `Black - 2011-12-05

In line 206 of gui.py you have:

Code:
self.getControl( LOADING_IMAGE ).setImage( xbmc.translatePath( os.path.join( SERVICE_DIR, self.service, "logo.png") ) )

Only thing you need to add after that line should be this I think:
Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin("setProperty(Service,%s)" % self.service)

Then I could use a label with $INFO[Window.Property(Service)].

Edit: self.setProperty doesn't work but with executebuiltin it works fine, just tested it.

- amet - 2011-12-06

`Black Wrote:In line 206 of gui.py you have:

Code:
self.getControl( LOADING_IMAGE ).setImage( xbmc.translatePath( os.path.join( SERVICE_DIR, self.service, "logo.png") ) )

Only thing you need to add after that line should be this I think:
Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin("setProperty(Service,%s)" % self.service)

Then I could use a label with $INFO[Window.Property(Service)].

Edit: self.setProperty doesn't work but with executebuiltin it works fine, just tested it.

will look it over, I am not happy just sending the "self.service" over as that means just the folder name(OpenSubtitles, podnapisi ...), logo has more than that(opensubtitles.org, podnapisi.net ....).

if this goes in I would need to add the label in service.py for each service so that can get displayed properly.

- `Black - 2011-12-06

Would be fine if it's just optional so property is enough. I for myself don't like to look of the logos that's why I added the service as text. And .org,.net,... is not needed, name is enough.

- amet - 2011-12-06

`Black Wrote:And .org,.net,... is not needed, name is enough.

you think its enough, I dont and I am sure opensubtitles, podnapisi and sublight wouldnt want to loose their logo... after all when I spoke to them about using the service it was agreed on having the logo there

- `Black - 2011-12-06

Well, then I have to stick with the current solution.

- Chase24ph - 2011-12-06

Hello.

First, thanks for this addon.

But, i have a request:

I coming from http://board.tv4user.de/index.php , a website for german subtitles (TV-Shows) and in the last time, we get many requests, that we put tv4user in this addon. The User want download the subtitle, while they watch the video and not separatly.

Can you do that? Put tv4user in the addon?

- amet - 2011-12-06

Chase24ph Wrote:Hello.

First, thanks for this addon.

But, i have a request:

I coming from http://board.tv4user.de/index.php , a website for german subtitles (TV-Shows) and in the last time, we get many requests, that we put tv4user in this addon. The User want download the subtitle, while they watch the video and not separatly.

Can you do that? Put tv4user in the addon?

sure, do you have a search and download api?

- Chase24ph - 2011-12-06

We don't have any apis.

We have the same system, like italiansubs.net.

You need a account to download the subs.

But, we have a rss. Can that not replace the search api?

- amet - 2011-12-06

Chase24ph Wrote:We don't have any apis.

We have the same system, like italiansubs.net.

You need a account to download the subs.

But, we have a rss. Can that not replace the search api?

will investigate , no promisses though Smile

Podnapisi - enghamar - 2011-12-08

Thank you very much for the the plugin. You've made my life a lot easier.

But I have been having a problem with podnapisi lately.

I find a subtitle maching my tv show, choose to download it, and then it just hangs on "downloading subtitles.."

I have tried searching the forums, but I cant seem to find anyone with this same problem.

- amet - 2011-12-08

enghamar Wrote:Thank you very much for the the plugin. You've made my life a lot easier.

But I have been having a problem with podnapisi lately.

I find a subtitle maching my tv show, choose to download it, and then it just hangs on "downloading subtitles.."

I have tried searching the forums, but I cant seem to find anyone with this same problem.

podnapisi requires a valid login to their website, you have entered it into addon settings?

- DigiTech - 2011-12-08

First of all i have to say thanks for this amazing plugin,
i usually use it cause my primary languaje is spanish,
sometimes i find my subs in opensubtitles and play without a prob, but every time i use it with subdivx.com after it downloads the sub it doesnt displays them, only in opensubtitles i am able to watch the subs, on other non signup sites i just can't watch them, anyone can help me a little please? Thanks in advance!

p.s. in short terms: i want to be able to watch the subs from subdivx.com cause that's where i find the movies or tv shows subs that i need.

- amet - 2011-12-08

DigiTech Wrote:First of all i have to say thanks for this amazing plugin,
i usually use it cause my primary languaje is spanish,
sometimes i find my subs in opensubtitles and play without a prob, but every time i use it with subdivx.com after it downloads the sub it doesnt displays them, only in opensubtitles i am able to watch the subs, on other non signup sites i just can't watch them, anyone can help me a little please? Thanks in advance!

p.s. in short terms: i want to be able to watch the subs from subdivx.com cause that's where i find the movies or tv shows subs that i need.

we need a debug log, my signature has how to