Kodi Community Forum
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) (/showthread.php?tid=75437)

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) - arubinst - 2012-03-21

(2012-03-19, 22:22)yonpa Wrote: Hi. Many thanks for this great addon. I recently installed XBMC and i have two issues with this addon.

1. with 2.9.36 y the latest 2.9.37 version i cant download subtitles from subdivx or argenteam. When i choose search in these sites i received the following errors

subdivx: error: ascii codec cant decode byte 0xf3 in position 87: ordinal not in range(128)
argenteam: error: ascii codec cant decode byte 0xc3 in position 14: ordinal not in range(128)

with 2.9.34 i dont have this issue.

2. by default, does the addon search by filename or by movie title ? Because my movies languages are in spanish and when i tried to search subtitles from subdivx or agenteam it cant found anything. (2.9.34 version) if i look the log it appears that the addon search by movie title(for example it search by cisne negro (movie title) and not by filename: black swan (2010) ). Anyway, If i do a manual search it automatically put the correct file name(black swan) in the search box and it find the subtitle. Is possible change it for search by filename instead by movie title ?

Many thanks

UPDATE: Debug log file: http://pastebin.com/u0dV1pQU

Same here. Having the exact same problem with both (subdivx and argenteam)

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) - amet - 2012-03-21

(2012-03-19, 22:22)yonpa Wrote: Hi. Many thanks for this great addon. I recently installed XBMC and i have two issues with this addon.

1. with 2.9.36 y the latest 2.9.37 version i cant download subtitles from subdivx or argenteam. When i choose search in these sites i received the following errors

subdivx: error: ascii codec cant decode byte 0xf3 in position 87: ordinal not in range(128)
argenteam: error: ascii codec cant decode byte 0xc3 in position 14: ordinal not in range(128)

2. by default, does the addon search by filename or by movie title ? Because my movies languages are in spanish and when i tried to search subtitles from subdivx or agenteam it cant found anything. (2.9.34 version) if i look the log it appears that the addon search by movie title(for example it search by cisne negro (movie title) and not by filename: black swan (2010) ). Anyway, If i do a manual search it automatically put the correct file name(black swan) in the search box and it find the subtitle. Is possible change it for search by filename instead by movie title ?

Many thanks

(2012-03-21, 00:24)arubinst Wrote: Same here. Having the exact same problem with both (subdivx and argenteam)

https://github.com/amet/script.xbmc.subtitles/commit/aecc84ac7de84cf17f1bbe042974b447cd56cb4b
and
https://github.com/amet/script.xbmc.subtitles/commit/71085c2a3da514c8d83915022012452816097550

should have a "fix" of some sort, please try and let me know

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) - qofbored - 2012-03-21

Currently this addon downloads the subtitles for a single movie as a temporary file, and I have to perform the download each time with a different movie.
Is there a way to have the subtitles saved into one place where xbmc can check for subtitles automatically without having to perform the subtitle download each time when playing a movie?

P.S. My movies are stored on a NAS, but the plug-in only seems to be able to store locally. Selecting to save in the active movie folder makes the add-on not display subtitles at all.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) - amet - 2012-03-21

(2012-03-21, 15:36)qofbored Wrote: Currently this addon downloads the subtitles for a single movie as a temporary file, and I have to perform the download each time with a different movie.
Is there a way to have the subtitles saved into one place where xbmc can check for subtitles automatically without having to perform the subtitle download each time when playing a movie?

sure, select to save it in movie folder, that is a default option.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) - qofbored - 2012-03-21

(2012-03-21, 19:47)amet Wrote: sure, select to save it in movie folder, that is a default option.

Ah, forgot to mention.. My movies are stored on a NAS, and the plug-in only seems to be able to store locally. Selecting to save in the active movie folder makes the add-on not display subtitles at all. (they are not saved anywhere that I could find)

(2012-03-21, 19:57)qofbored Wrote:
(2012-03-21, 19:47)amet Wrote: sure, select to save it in movie folder, that is a default option.

Ah, forgot to mention.. My movies are stored on a NAS, and the plug-in only seems to be able to store locally. Selecting to save in the active movie folder makes the add-on not display subtitles at all. (they are not saved anywhere that I could find)

1.) having a Debug Log would help, otherwise we are doing everything blind

2.) the eden version of the addon can definitely save to SMB/NFS share if they have correct permissions

3.) other option is to set subtitle folder in XBMC to the same temp folder you are saving subs in XBMC Subtitle Addon

xbmc.log

I realise that XBMC, the PC and account it runs on, does not have priviledges to write on the network share. I prefer to keep it this way, because people using the HTPC are not allowed anything but to read data. So the option to store the subtitles in the same folder as the movie does not work.
Trying to select a custom save location manually, I only get to browse in two places. C: and HomeFolder.

I would like to make a single network folder, where the htpc has writing priviledges, to store all downloaded subtitles in. And I would like to allow all the subtitle files to pile up in there, using the movie titles as filenames, while setting the folder as the default subtitle location for xbmc. (Separate file for each movie, to prevent having to go through the proces of downloading subs each time if they have already been downloaded before.)
Is this possible, and how can this be accomplished?

(2012-03-21, 20:59)qofbored Wrote: Is this possible, and how can this be accomplished?

system -> video-> subtitles->Subtitle folder ... ?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) - arubinst - 2012-03-21

(2012-03-21, 14:26)amet Wrote:

Many thanks

(2012-03-21, 00:24)arubinst Wrote: Same here. Having the exact same problem with both (subdivx and argenteam)

https://github.com/amet/script.xbmc.subtitles/commit/aecc84ac7de84cf17f1bbe042974b447cd56cb4b
and
https://github.com/amet/script.xbmc.subtitles/commit/71085c2a3da514c8d83915022012452816097550

should have a "fix" of some sort, please try and let me know

Yep! They both seem to be working now.

Thanx!

(2012-03-21, 21:16)amet Wrote: system -> video-> subtitles->Subtitle folder ... ?

This I know. Allow me to clarify my question... When I configure the subtitle Add-on to save to a specified (local) folder, it only saves one file named temp_sub.en.srt. It keeps rewriting to this file for any movie subtitle that I download. So how can I configure the Addon to store the files, named after movie titles, all next to eachother without overwriting anything?

(2012-03-21, 21:36)qofbored Wrote:
(2012-03-21, 21:16)amet Wrote: system -> video-> subtitles->Subtitle folder ... ?

This I know. Allow me to clarify my question... When I configure the subtitle Add-on to save to a specified (local) folder, it only saves one file named temp_sub.en.srt. It keeps rewriting to this file for any movie subtitle that I download. So how can I configure the Addon to store the files, named after movie titles, all next to eachother without overwriting anything?

try again with that Debug Log, you need to enable debug logging

Okay, I've replaced the uploaded log file with a new one. It's quite large, because I tried a bunch of things. None seem to work now. Confused
I hope you can make sense of the log file. Looking forward to your reply, and thanks!

log file

(2012-03-21, 21:56)qofbored Wrote: Okay, I've replaced the uploaded log file with a new one. It's quite large, because I tried a bunch of things. None seem to work now. Confused
I hope you can make sense of the log file. Looking forward to your reply, and thanks!

log file

is disable hash "on" in advanced addon settings?

Yes, "disable hash search" was set to On.

Well I suppose it is not crucial to get it working as I described. I might have to settle with using the locally stored temp_sub file.. That is, if there is no immediate solution to be found.
Anyhow, thank you for the effort.

(2012-03-21, 22:13)qofbored Wrote: Yes, disable has search was set to On.

and if you switch it Off, does it work then?