Kodi Community Forum
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) (/showthread.php?tid=75437)

- pilluli - 2010-11-12

Amet Wrote:Post a debug log of the update process, might tell us something

After looking at the debug log I noticed this:

Code:
10:10:50 T:139928482572560 M:2896117760   DEBUG:   -- zip://special%3a%2f%2fhome%2faddons%2fpackages%2fscript%2exbmc%2esubtitles%2d2%2e1%2e1%2ezip/script.xbmc.subtitles/resources/skins/Default/media/flags/vi.gif
10:10:50 T:139928482572560 M:2896117760   DEBUG:   -- zip://special%3a%2f%2fhome%2faddons%2fpackages%2fscript%2exbmc%2esubtitles%2d2%2e1%2e1%2ezip/script.xbmc.subtitles/resources/skins/Default/media/flags/zh.gif
10:10:50 T:139928482572560 M:2896117760   DEBUG: FileManager: create folder special://home/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles
10:10:50 T:139928482572560 M:2896117760   DEBUG: FileManager: delete folder special://home/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/resources/skins/Default/media/flags/
10:10:50 T:139928482572560 M:2896117760   ERROR: Remove - Error removing /home/susie/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/resources/skins/Default/media/flags/
10:10:50 T:139928482572560 M:2896117760   ERROR: Remove - Error removing special://home/addons/script.xbmc.subtitles/resources/skins/Default/media/flags/

Looking at the media/flags folder after this error there is still one file called ".gif" in the folder. I am using ubuntu btw and the permission of the file are alright but for some reason (maybe because is hidden) does not get deleted.

I see that a similar file ".gif" exists also in the later version. Is that file needed?? I will try to remove it from the folder when I get back from work to see if it helps.

Regards,

EDIT: removing manually the file ".gif" in the flags folder did fix the update problem. However as the new version also contains that file I am guessing the next update will also fail. :-(

- Anssi - 2010-11-12

pilluli Wrote:Looking at the media/flags folder after this error there is still one file called ".gif" in the folder. I am using ubuntu btw and the permission of the file are alright but for some reason (maybe because is hidden) does not get deleted.
I fixed upgrade of addons containing hidden files in Dharma/r34692.
Beta3 and Beta4 should contain that fix. If you are running an older release, please upgrade. If you are already running Beta3 or Beta4, please provide a full log.

- pilluli - 2010-11-13

Anssi Wrote:I fixed upgrade of addons containing hidden files in Dharma/r34692.
Beta3 and Beta4 should contain that fix. If you are running an older release, please upgrade. If you are already running Beta3 or Beta4, please provide a full log.

Thanks for this info, I am running my own compiled version from the dharma branch and haven't updated in some weeks. I will make sure I've got the last version and report if this is indeed fixed.

Regards,

Latest update - PasiZ - 2010-11-13

Now opensubtitles gives just message that site overloaded, worked fine just before update (2 minute before pressing update button i taken subtitles from opensubtitles).

I found that only movie sex and the city 2 is generating that problem with script. Language is finnish.

Any help is appreciated.

- amet - 2010-11-13

PasiZ Wrote:Now opensubtitles gives just message that site overloaded, worked fine just before update (2 minute before pressing update button i taken subtitles from opensubtitles).

How can i roll back to previous version?

that has nothing to do with addon, its opensubtitles server that is getting overloaded

- PasiZ - 2010-11-13

Amet Wrote:that has nothing to do with addon, its opensubtitles server that is getting overloaded

If i search it by hand, it works?

Tried many times but no success to update sex and the city 2 movie subtitles via opensubtitles...

- amet - 2010-11-13

PasiZ Wrote:If i search it by hand, it works?

Tried many times but no success to update sex and the city 2 movie subtitles via opensubtitles...

debug log please

- PasiZ - 2010-11-13

Amet Wrote:debug log please

Code:
**** log removed ****

- amet - 2010-11-13

increase timeout for services, it times out before it returns results.

do not clip the logs and don't copy/paste them into the forum, use pastebin.com instead

- PasiZ - 2010-11-13

Amet Wrote:increase timeout for services, it times out before it returns results.

do not clip the logs and don't copy/paste them into the forum, use pastebin.com instead

I increased it to 10 seconds, before update it worked with that same movie clip.

Sorry for that direct paste, i use that pastebin next time.

Script gives that server overload before 10 seconds have passed.

And same thing on linux mediapc, also windows 7 mediapc

- PasiZ - 2010-11-13

http://pastebin.com/H3CswVM2

new log, increased timeout to 20 seconds, few tries to get subtitle list.

- amet - 2010-11-13

PasiZ Wrote:new log, increased timeout to 20 seconds, few tries to get subtitle list.

absolutely nothing we can do, addon is not crashing, its the OS server that its not feeding us anything back

- PasiZ - 2010-11-13

Amet Wrote:absolutely nothing we can do, addon is not crashing, its the OS server that its not feeding us anything back

It worked via previous version (with that movie too), could you provide it to me?

There must be some changes on search sending to os server.

-P

- baroumas - 2010-11-13

Since the last gui update I have had troubles downloading subtitles.
From a quick view of the code I think i have narrowed it down. The problem seems to be that if you use "Custom Download Folder" and play a rar packed movie over smb, the custom download folder will never be used.

A quick fix:
gui.py: Line #45
Code:
if (movieFullPath.find("rar://") > -1 )[b] and path[/b]:

- amet - 2010-11-14

PasiZ Wrote:It worked via previous version (with that movie too), could you provide it to me?

http://xbmc.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=xbmc/scripts;a=tree;h=refs/heads/dharma-pre;hb=refs/heads/dharma-pre

you can git pull any version from there

PasiZ Wrote:There must be some changes on search sending to os server.

-P

none