Kodi Community Forum
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) (/showthread.php?tid=75437)

- quisvir - 2011-03-04

mr_blobby Wrote:If you use libraries, then the plugin doesn't have to guess what kind of video it is.
Any reason why you're not using libraries?

Thanks for the quick reply mr_blobby. I'm not using libraries mainly because many of the files played on my system are at rather random locations on computers in the network. I much prefer just browsing those computers through xbmc over first copying the files to my own system. But maybe I should find a way to use libraries anyway... although a fix might still be useful for the non-libraries-users among us Smile

- mr_blobby - 2011-03-04

quisvir Wrote:Thanks for the quick reply mr_blobby. I'm not using libraries mainly because many of the files played on my system are at rather random locations on computers in the network. I much prefer just browsing those computers through xbmc over first copying the files to my own system. But maybe I should find a way to use libraries anyway... although a fix might still be useful for the non-libraries-users among us Smile
If you can find the files by browsing from XBMC, then you can add these locations to a library.
There is no need to copy them locally.
XBMC support many networking protocols.

- YaPaY - 2011-03-04

opensubtitles.org doesn't work for 2-3 days.

- amet - 2011-03-04

YaPaY Wrote:opensubtitles.org doesn't work for 2-3 days.

ok, works fine for me

- orivar - 2011-03-04

So I had a small bug with the Sratim service. Fixed now - amet, I forked the code in github, made the changes on the website (after testing them locally of course) and sent a pull request.

Sorry for the mess. Eek

- YaPaY - 2011-03-05

amet Wrote:ok, works fine for me

podnapisi works but opensubtitles seem to down. I'M using latest version 2.5.6?

by the way, dou you any plan to add to subtitle sites to divxplanet.com.

It's biggest subtitle site of the Turkey. It would be nice.

Thanks for your great work.

- orivar - 2011-03-05

OpenSubtitles comes and goes for me in the last few days but is mostly up. Either way there doesn't seem to be any problem with the addon or service, when it's down it either times out or says the site's overloaded and when it's up it works fine.

- orivar - 2011-03-05

amet Wrote:without rewriting gui.py to accept it there is no way to do it. let me see what I can do... no promises Smile

So I decided to do it myself Wink
It's basically done and I tested it but again there's a problem I don't know how to get around: the files (.sub+.idx) are extracted and copied correctly, but when the video continues to play they aren't shown. Stopping and starting the video works.
I'm pretty sure the problem is with "xbmc.Player().setSubtitles(file_to)": since the problem was the lack of .idx to begin with, I assume using setSubtitles() to select just the .sub has the exact same affect.

I tried looking for the documentation of setSubtitles() but all I found is a one liner that says it sets the subtitles for the current video player. I have no idea how to set multiple files or if that's even possible. amet/mr_blobby, could you please help? I need someone familiar with xbmc's source this time...

- amet - 2011-03-05

orivar Wrote:So I decided to do it myself Wink
It's basically done and I tested it but again there's a problem I don't know how to get around: the files (.sub+.idx) are extracted and copied correctly, but when the video continues to play they aren't shown. Stopping and starting the video works.
I'm pretty sure the problem is with "xbmc.Player().setSubtitles(file_to)": since the problem was the lack of .idx to begin with, I assume using setSubtitles() to select just the .sub has the exact same affect.

I tried looking for the documentation of setSubtitles() but all I found is a one liner that says it sets the subtitles for the current video player. I have no idea how to set multiple files or if that's even possible. amet/mr_blobby, could you please help? I need someone familiar with xbmc's source this time...

have you tried sending the idx file to xbmc.Player().setSubtitles(file_to)?

- orivar - 2011-03-05

After the .sub, instead of it or in a list together?
I guess I can try all three myself. If only the test file wasn't so big and their website so slow...

- orivar - 2011-03-05

amet Wrote:have you tried sending the idx file to xbmc.Player().setSubtitles(file_to)?

Ok, well that fixed it Laugh
So it's done now - I changed gui.py to add support for .sub+.idx. I tested it of course on both that combination and plain .srt. Unfortunately I don't have a sample .sub without .idx to test it on, but from the code and both these tests you can see it should work...

amet, I'm mailing you the new file since I've yet to figure out how to upload code to github and don't want to use their built-in text editor for changes that involve adding/removing lines (python is kind of fussy about whitespaces...).

Please review the changes and consider adding them to the next version.

- amet - 2011-03-05

orivar Wrote:After the .sub, instead of it or in a list together?
I guess I can try all three myself. If only the test file wasn't so big and their website so slow...

the size of the file will be an issue for most of the users, thats why very few sites support it

xbmc.Player().setSubtitles(path_to_idx_file_only)

- orivar - 2011-03-05

Yeah, I know most sites don't support it - most subtitles on Sratim are .srt too, but they've gone a bit crazy about their credits being changed and now some releases are .sub only.

Anyway, like I said, I e-mailed you a version that calls the method with the idx file and it seems to work quite well.

Mysterious 5 subtitles problem - Djape - 2011-03-06

Folks,

I'm having weird problem where for almost every movie or maybe every (tried few) Podnapisi.net returns 5 same subtitles:

Movies are spelled correctly as you can see from the image.

On Titlovi.net I have another problem where letters are going crazy with lots of /a < span class etc. (Please note that number of subtitles is 5 again Eek ) :

Have someone experienced this behavior and how to debug to understand what is going on and possible fix Huh

Thx in advance Oo

Cheers,
Djape

- amet - 2011-03-06

Debug log??