Kodi Community Forum
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) (/showthread.php?tid=75437)

Fix for Subcenter - littleworm - 2011-05-17

Hi Amet,
I updated to 2.4.8 and the Subcenter.org service didn't work for me until I went to the "\addons\script.xbmc.subtitles\resources\lib\services\Subscenter" folder and put a:
__init__.py
file over there (manually copied it from another service).

After that it works like a charm!
Thanks for all your work! (Ori Varon also!)

Smile

- orivar - 2011-05-17

littleworm Wrote:Hi Amet,
I updated to 2.4.8 and the Subcenter.org service didn't work for me until I went to the "\addons\script.xbmc.subtitles\resources\lib\services\Subscenter" folder and put a:
__init__.py
file over there (manually copied it from another service).

After that it works like a charm!
Thanks for all your work! (Ori Varon also!)

Smile

My bad, I've accidentally left it out on Github (I'm kind of new to this) so it didn't go out with the version. I noticed it and fixed it myself, as well as updated Github. It will probably go out with the next version but that's up to Amet.

I apologize and of course the workaround above will work for now.

Also for everyone interested, sbentin fixed movie support for the Sratim service. I hope to fix TV shows by this weekend as well and upload an update by next week.

- wimpy - 2011-05-17

EDIT: Staying up late + Foruming is not always the best way to go.

- amet - 2011-05-18

wimpy Wrote:Thanks for the help and answers man Smile

Another question arises. Is it a way to make custom tv channel images so that channel 1 displays 1.png, channel 2 displays 2.png etc.. on top of video playing at all time?

That question is for another thread

- littleworm - 2011-05-18

orivar Wrote:My bad, I've accidentally left it out on Github (I'm kind of new to this) so it didn't go out with the version. I noticed it and fixed it myself, as well as updated Github. It will probably go out with the next version but that's up to Amet.

I apologize and of course the workaround above will work for now.

Also for everyone interested, sbentin fixed movie support for the Sratim service. I hope to fix TV shows by this weekend as well and upload an update by next week.

Hi,
Could you please PM me a link to the fixed Sratim service? I don't use subtitles when I watch TV shows, but I'd really like to have Sratim for movies Smile

Thanks

- C-Caine - 2011-05-18

Hi,

for some reason saving subs to the movie folder over smb doesn't work anymore....saving to a local folder does work.....

am I doing something wrong or do I have to setup something new

here the debug log.....

THNX in Advance

http://pastebin.com/C23qDTXB

- bretton - 2011-05-19

is this working with icefilms on atv2? It finds the subtitles and downloads them then plays but no subtitles show? the file shows up under audio and subtitle settings too

- amet - 2011-05-19

bretton Wrote:is this working with icefilms? It finds the subtitles and downloads them then plays but no subtitles show?

Never been tested by me on streaming videos

Subscenter and Sratim updates - orivar - 2011-05-20

Hi everyone,

I've uploaded new versions for Subscenter and Sratim. Subscenter 1.1 includes another fix, this time for non-Hebrew subtitles. Sratim 2.0 includes sbentin's updated RE patterns and links for the new website layout and a new way of handling tv show episodes, since it doesn't seem like the site search will ever be "fixed" (the new method will work either way).

The version is currently in Github, awaiting approval by Amet and distribution. littleworm, I think you can expect an updated version delivered in the next few days.

- littleworm - 2011-05-20

orivar Wrote:Hi everyone,

I've uploaded new versions for Subscenter and Sratim. Subscenter 1.1 includes another fix, this time for non-Hebrew subtitles. Sratim 2.0 includes sbentin's updated RE patterns and links for the new website layout and a new way of handling tv show episodes, since it doesn't seem like the site search will ever be "fixed" (the new method will work either way).

The version is currently in Github, awaiting approval by Amet and distribution. littleworm, I think you can expect an updated version delivered in the next few days.

Thanks again Orivar and Amet for maintaining the add-on so good! Smile
I just downloaded this revision from github and I noticed that Configure was disabled.
Then I noticed that the settings.xml file is missing a ">" in line 45.
I just added it and now the add-on works perfectly! Sratim and Subscenter together!

Thanks again.

No subtitles found! - xavi - 2011-05-23

Hi everyone! I ve been using this addon for some time with no problems... until now! It suddenly stopped working... Sad It just doesn t find subtitles anymore...
Internet connection is working, xbmc finds movie's information with no problem. Tried to reinstall the addon and nothing changed, so I reinstalled xbmc too... and same problem: No subtitle found. Tried different languages, different services, different skins, ... nothing!

Hope amet can help! Thanks!!

Xavi

- amet - 2011-05-23

xavi Wrote:Hi everyone! I ve been using this addon for some time with no problems... until now! It suddenly stopped working... Sad It just doesn t find subtitles anymore...
Internet connection is working, xbmc finds movie's information with no problem. Tried to reinstall the addon and nothing changed, so I reinstalled xbmc too... and same problem: No subtitle found. Tried different languages, different services, different skins, ... nothing!

Hope amet can help! Thanks!!

Xavi

I can try to help, but I will need to see the debug log, look at my signature for how to

- C-Caine - 2011-05-23

C-Caine Wrote:Hi,

for some reason saving subs to the movie folder over smb doesn't work anymore....saving to a local folder does work.....

am I doing something wrong or do I have to setup something new

here the debug log.....

THNX in Advance

http://pastebin.com/C23qDTXB

Hi again......

isn't any1 able to help me.....or doesn't the debug log tell anything to solve this problem?

XBMC is now storing the subs locally on my htpc.....and other computers can't acces them when palying a movie from another pc.....

Again THNX in Advance!!!!!!

- amet - 2011-05-23

C-Caine Wrote:Hi again......

isn't any1 able to help me.....or doesn't the debug log tell anything to solve this problem?

XBMC is now storing the subs locally on my htpc.....and other computers can't acces them when palying a movie from another pc.....

Again THNX in Advance!!!!!!

hi, sorry I missed that Sad

looks like there is an issue writing to smb drive from xbmc, the XBMC Subtitles hands copying over to smb drive to xbmc core (via xbmcvfs module) and by looking at the log(line 484) there is an error while doing that.

could it be that "movies$" in your path is an issue? could you try moving the file to a folder that doesnt have "$" in a path?

- C-Caine - 2011-05-23

amet Wrote:hi, sorry I missed that Sad

looks like there is an issue writing to smb drive from xbmc, the XBMC Subtitles hands copying over to smb drive to xbmc core (via xbmcvfs module) and by looking at the log(line 484) there is an error while doing that.

could it be that "movies$" in your path is an issue? could you try moving the file to a folder that doesnt have "$" in a path?

Hi amet.....

THNX for the reply.......

I will try that......the strange thing is....it used to work......I use the $ so the share is invisible for windows but remains rechable......but I will remove it to see if it helps.....
I will let you know!!!!!!!!