Kodi Community Forum
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) (/showthread.php?tid=75437)

- mr_blobby - 2010-08-16

thijse Wrote:I feel a bit dumb, but I cannot get the script to work. I'm running Mac OSX/XBMC 9.11.

I have installed openSubtitles_OSD, including the confluence skin hack, and it works
very nice (although a bit slow).

I have a nice series structure like

/<SeriesName>/Season <Season No>/<Episode name>.avi

I'm running in two different problems:

1. If I run the scripts from the >Scripts menu, and choose Search all missing subtitles
for all tv shows, I immediately get the message"all subtitles present", which is not the case. I selected my series folder correctly.
Could it be a problem that
a. It is a multipath
b. The series have been renamed by the download script, removing some parts of the filename(for example: .720p.hdtv.x264-immerse )

2. I do not see any Bierdopje icon on the video OSD. Do I need to use the openSubtitles_OSD
button, or should there be a new button?
You are confusing me:
you're posting in the "XBMC Subtitles Addon" forum, you mention that you're using "OpenSubtitles_OSD" and the function to search all missing subtitles is from the "Bierdopje subtitles script".
Three different scripts!

- mr_blobby - 2010-08-16

joeranjensen Wrote:Hi.

First I want to thank you for this great addon, but i`m struggeling a litle bit. At first it worked just fine, but after I had downloadet subtitles to a couple of movies, the xbmc just freeze after i push the "download subtitles" button(I can now see the search screen, but there it ends).

I dont know how to post the bug-logfile, in fact I dont know where or how I can find itSmile

I`m running win7 64 bit with r32808
To enable debugging: in Settings > System > Debugging there is a setting "Enable debug logging".
The logfile on a Windows 7 machine is "c:\Users\[your_user_name]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log".
Please enable debug logging, reproduce the problem and paste the logfile in pastebin.com.

- amet - 2010-08-16

thijse Wrote:1. If I run the scripts from the >Scripts menu, and choose Search all missing subtitles
for all tv shows, I immediately get the message"all subtitles present", which is not the case. I selected my series folder correctly.
a. It is a multipath
b. The series have been renamed by the download script, removing some parts of the filename(for example: .720p.hdtv.x264-immerse )

OpenSubitles_OSD doesnt run from Scripts menu, are you sure you are not running something else instead?

thijse Wrote:2. I do not see any Bierdopje icon on the video OSD. Do I need to use the openSubtitles_OSD

Bierdopje has been introduced to XBMC Subtitles that only runs on latest Dharma nightly builds

Cannot get script to work - thijse - 2010-08-16

I feel a bit dumb, but I cannot get the script to work. I'm running Mac OSX/XBMC 9.11.

I have installed openSubtitles_OSD, including the confluence skin hack, and it works
very nice (although a bit slow).

I have a nice series structure like

/<SeriesName>/Season <Season No>/<Episode name>.avi

I'm running in two different problems:

1. If I run the scripts from the >Scripts menu, and choose Search all missing subtitles
a. It is a multipath

2. I do not see any Bierdopje icon on the video OSD. Do I need to use the openSubtitles_OSD

- joeranjensen - 2010-08-16

mr_blobby Wrote:To enable debugging: in Settings > System > Debugging there is a setting "Enable debug logging".
The logfile on a Windows 7 machine is "c:\Users\[your_user_name]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log".
Please enable debug logging, reproduce the problem and paste the logfile in pastebin.com.

That is what I`we tried hundred times now. There isnt a xbmc.log file on my computer. I dont even have a directory called AppDataSad
I dont know what i`ve done wrong, i have allso tryed to reinstall xbmc, without any succes.
Could it be something wrong with the r32808 release?

- mr_blobby - 2010-08-16

joeranjensen Wrote:That is what I`we tried hundred times now. There isnt a xbmc.log file on my computer. I dont even have a directory called AppDataSad
I dont know what i`ve done wrong, i have allso tryed to reinstall xbmc, without any succes.
Could it be something wrong with the r32808 release?
Open a command prompt ("cmd.exe") and run the following commands:
dir %systemdrive%\xbmc.log /s /b
set APPDATA
set Program

And show us the output.

I figured it out. It was hidden filesOo

Maybe this is what youre asking forSmile http://pastebin.com/LEjjTpDN

- mr_blobby - 2010-08-16

joeranjensen Wrote:I figured it out. It was hidden filesOo

Maybe this is what youre asking forSmile http://pastebin.com/LEjjTpDN
Ok, the problem seems to be located in these lines:
Code:
21:46:53 T:2580 M:745766912    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
21:46:53 T:2580 M:745766912   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.OSError
21:46:53 T:2580 M:745766912   ERROR: Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\J\xc3\xb8ran\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\cache\\sub_tmp\\PrisM-TheATeam.srt')
It looks like the script doesn't handle special characters (non English) in usernames very well.
Your username in XBMC is logged as "Jøran" and the script is trying to do something in "J\xc3\xb8ran".
This symptom has been observed not so long ago (link)
Are you using the latest version of the XBMC subtitles script (1.7.10)?

- amet - 2010-08-16

mr_blobby Wrote:Are you using the latest version of the XBMC subtitles script (1.7.10)?

nope, "XBMC Subtitles version [ 1.7.4 ]"

mr_blobby Wrote:Ok, the problem seems to be located in these lines:
Code:
21:46:53 T:2580 M:745766912    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
21:46:53 T:2580 M:745766912   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.OSError
21:46:53 T:2580 M:745766912   ERROR: Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\J\xc3\xb8ran\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\cache\\sub_tmp\\PrisM-TheATeam.srt')
It looks like the script doesn't handle special characters (non English) in usernames very well.
Your username in XBMC is logged as "Jøran" and the script is trying to do something in "J\xc3\xb8ran".
This symptom has been observed not so long ago (link)
Are you using the latest version of the XBMC subtitles script (1.7.10)?

I`l try to rename the username. Do you think I have to reinstall xbmc after I`ve done that?
Yes Im using 1.7.10

- mr_blobby - 2010-08-16

Amet Wrote:nope, "XBMC Subtitles version [ 1.7.4 ]"
Nope, you forgot to update the line
__version__ = "1.7.4"
in all versions after 1.7.4 of default.py Laugh

I`m sure I have the latest version.
Is it any other solution than change the username, i cant figure out how to do that(its the administrator username).

- PsychoCheF - 2010-08-16

joeranjensen Wrote:I`m sure I have the latest version.
Is it any other solution than change the username, i cant figure out how to do that(its the administrator username).

No, i think we must wait for a fix.
I've run into this error a lot of times lately in different situations, and they i reported on the trac is fixed. But i havent added a ticket specific for xbmc subtitles yet, short of time now when my vacation is over Sad
Feel free to add a ticket about it, so they can start working on it.

Now i`ve changed the username, and at this point everything seems to work without problemsSmile
Thanks for all your helpBig Grin

error script failed! : script.xbmc.subtitles - XmemphistoX - 2010-08-17

So I've tried this twice so far. It works for a few tries, downloads subtitles fine then it starts to crash. It freezes until I hit back and it gives me the error "error script failed! : script.xbmc.subtitles." I have the newest version.

I reformatted my machine and the subtitles started to work again but only for a short while. I'm getting the same error message after 3 subtitle downloads. I pasted my log file on the following link if anyone can spare a few minutes to take a look for me. Thanks!

http://pastebin.com/NJuMv4ES