Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- Jeroen - 2011-09-05

loggio Wrote:Hi there,

Is it just me or does cinema experience not work on the latest git pulls? is there something i need to do to activate it? or has it not been added?
Yeah it seems there's something that needs to be updated. Also: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=108289

xmurrx Wrote:Love the new home screen. Looks really nice. I was wondering due to the new home screen if you are planning to make it so pressing back when in the movie to tv show library takes you back to the home screen as opposed to the current way.
That's something that unfortunately isn't really possible to create an option for. It would basically mean having to create a duplicate of every button to allow the other option. If an easy way to create an option for it comes along I'll add it, maybe when skinning variables are added to the skin engine.

- wolfodeiwolfy - 2011-09-06

Jeroen Wrote:reFocus doesn't use folder.jpg anywhere. If you unselect use local banners, it will assume you are using scraped images. So if you selected a poster image from the scraper for that show it will use those in the banner viewtype. There's nothing I can do about that.
XBMC unfortunately does not (yet) support assigning both poster and banner images for a tv show simultaneously. So using local banners is basically just a workaround.

Very strange problem. In other skins and the news banner view there is no problem.

- mortstar - 2011-09-06

Just trying out the Alternate Homescreen, which I really like. I've been hacking away at trying to get the 'Now Playing' to act in the same way as in the original homescreen and take me to the current playlist...I'm struggling.

Any chance this could be added?

- spencers - 2011-09-06

Still wondering about unwatched flags in 0.9.2. Works fine under Confluence, and reFocus 0.8.9.6 and 0.9.1.

Tried digging through the XML code all day yesterday for anomalies (I'm no skinner by any means), comparing to the 0.9.1 XML, but couldn't find anything different. Is the png itself named correctly? (OverlayUnWatched.png) I have nothing to compare it to as every other skin I have has all the images wrapped in the Textures.xbt file.

I even tried wrapping the entire media folder into an xbt file using the TexturePacker, but didn't solve the issue.

- wolfodeiwolfy - 2011-09-07

I noticed unwatched flags under 092 don't work.

I've een that if I press my key for ShowTime (dialogseekbar.xml) Some infos gone away: finish time, duration and palyaing infos (pause, ffw, rrw etc.)

- wolfbiker - 2011-09-07

can you add a "close" option to the information view? like when click on a movie and view its info, then hit the left arrow for play, cast etc. could there be a close option there as well? those of us with simple remotes without a lot of keys would appreciate it. and perhaps also a "reboot" option to the shutdown menu. thank you for considering these options.

- Jeroen - 2011-09-08

mortstar Wrote:Just trying out the Alternate Homescreen, which I really like. I've been hacking away at trying to get the 'Now Playing' to act in the same way as in the original homescreen and take me to the current playlist...I'm struggling.

Any chance this could be added?

Yeah maybe. I would really like to put that at the bottom of the menu at all times, and have it...stick there at all times if you know what I mean but that's not really possible at the moment I think.

I'm in a bit of doubt about the alternate homescreen at the moment. I have been restructuring the original menu the last couple of days (not pushed to git yet), and because of that I'm in doubt whether the alternate really brings all that much of added value.

spencers Wrote:Still wondering about unwatched flags in 0.9.2. Works fine under Confluence, and reFocus 0.8.9.6 and 0.9.1.
Still looking into that. Which is hard at the moment as I am not seeing watched/unwatched flags in other skins as well. Really strange.

But just to be clear, basically there is no 0.9.2 yet. I won't go into bug reports for the git version much as bugs are to be expected in a version that is still under development. That's the risk you take Wink

wolfbiker Wrote:can you add a "close" option to the information view? like when click on a movie and view its info, then hit the left arrow for play, cast etc. could there be a close option there as well? those of us with simple remotes without a lot of keys would appreciate it. and perhaps also a "reboot" option to the shutdown menu. thank you for considering these options.
Do you mean a button to close the menu or the entire screen? You can use the back button to close the screen and I plan to add this possibility to the menu too.

- Sranshaft - 2011-09-08

Jeroen Wrote:I'm in a bit of doubt about the alternate homescreen at the moment. I have been restructuring the original menu the last couple of days (not pushed to git yet), and because of that I'm in doubt whether the alternate really brings all that much of added value.

While I really love the alternate home screen, IMO is just doesn't fit with the rest of the skin. It's great in concept but there are issue, other than looking out of place, that come with it.

One thing that I've noticed, and something Jeroen touch on briefly in the last post, is that when certain submenus are open, the whole menu expands beyond the boundary of the screen. This, to me, is a problem as you no longer can see the whole menu at a glance. Case in point, when expanding the Music submenu, it takes up nearly half of the available menu height pushing the other menu items beyond the screen. It's this exact issue that usually turns me off to the whole concept of the horizontal menu.

The other thing that I touched on previously, is the overall look of the alternate home screen. Throughout the skin, the menus in general have all had an unified look and feel to them - the simple white gradient background image. This pulled the entire skin together and the alternate menu simply deviates too far from this concept.

Like I said before and please don't get me wrong, I really do love the alternate home screen, but for now I've gone back to the original home screen. Perhaps ideas from the alternate will find its way into the original. I'll leave that to the very capable hands of Jeroen.

- Jimmeh - 2011-09-08

Couple of case fixes from the git I downloaded today which is preventing some images showing on linux.

Code:
720p\Settings.xml
Line 98:     <icon>settings/settings_music.png</icon>
file is named "settings_Music.png" capital M.

Code:
720p\Includes.xml
    Line 765:                 <texture>OSD/infoOverlayTop.png</texture>
    Line 772:                 <texture border="0,1,0,11">OSD/infoOverlay.png</texture>
folder is named "osd" lower case.

That's all I've noticed so far, will keep an eye out. Love the new menu by the way Smile

- Jeroen - 2011-09-08

Sranshaft Wrote:...

Yup, those are some of my main gripes with it too. I had some things in mind for it that didn't work out or ended up not (fully) possible to do at the moment.

I've been bringing some aspects of the alternate menu into the original menu.

Changes I have been making to the original menu:

Separate entries for movies and tv shows
This will please at least some of you Wink I've always said I prefer to have a central video menu with tvshows and movies in them, and that is still the case.
However several things I've been wanting to bring to the original menu would not be possible without doing this, so in the end it's a matter of weighing pro's and con's.

Restructuring of the menu structure
By separating movies and tv shows more space is available to the videos menu. Because of that you will now be able to add more custom items to the menu, allowing you to add smart playlists, video add-ons and at a later stage custom paths to video folders.

There now is a add-ons menu allowing you to skip right to available updates, get addons, programs, etc.

The settings menu is replaced by a system menu, bringing settings, system info, filemanager and exit options into one menu. Freeing up space in the main menu for movies and tvshows and more commonly used items like addons.

Status bar
Also a result of splitting movies and tv shows, the status bar is now context-sensitive. Meaning it will show recently added movies when you hover movies, recently added episodes when hovering tvshows, etc.

Jimmeh Wrote:Couple of case fixes from the git I downloaded today which is preventing some images showing on linux.
Thanks Jimmeh, very helpful Smile

- FREAKJAM - 2011-09-09

What's the exact svn checkout url? TortoiseSVN giving me the "200 OK" error.

Nice changes Jeroen, thanks!

- wolfbiker - 2011-09-09

back doesn't close the information panel screen; it doesn't do anything actually. i have to hit escape (or "clear" on my remote) to close the screen and return to the movies/tv show screen.

what do you think about adding a reboot option to the shutdown menu? i would certainly appreciate it. Smile

edit: sorry accidentally edited your post instead of replying...Blush sorry bout that Laugh - Jeroen

- Jeroen - 2011-09-09

FREAKJAM Wrote:What's the exact svn checkout url? TortoiseSVN giving me the "200 OK" error.

Nice changes Jeroen, thanks!
Can you even use TortoiseSVN with git?

Quote:back doesn't close the information panel screen; it doesn't do anything actually. i have to hit escape (or "clear" on my remote) to close the screen and return to the movies/tv show screen.
Oh ok, afaik XBMC does this by default. But maybe I have added without remembering Big Grin Are you running 0.9.1 or a git build? Because I checked yesterday and the git version does close on back.

Quote:what do you think about adding a reboot option to the shutdown menu? i would certainly appreciate it. Smile
Sure, I'll add that

- wolfbiker - 2011-09-09

Jeroen Wrote:Oh ok, afaik XBMC does this by default. But maybe I have added without remembering Big Grin Are you running 0.9.1 or a git build? Because I checked yesterday and the git version does close on back.

Sure, I'll add that

i'm using the dharma version Confused i know you're not updating it but i thought i would mention it, assuming (incorrectly, in this case) that the quirk would have carried over to the nightlies. can you just give a mention on here when the reboot option is added? at that point i'll make the switch to a nightly version.

thank you kindly for your hard work, it's a wonderful skin, despite looking very microsofty. Laugh

- Jeroen - 2011-09-09

wolfbiker Wrote:i'm using the dharma version Confused i know you're not updating it but i thought i would mention it, assuming (incorrectly, in this case) that the quirk would have carried over to the nightlies. can you just give a mention on here when the reboot option is added? at that point i'll make the switch to a nightly version.

thank you kindly for your hard work, it's a wonderful skin, despite looking very microsofty. Laugh

Ah that's probably it then, I believe there was some work done on the way XBMC handles closing dialogs in pre-Eden.