Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- JimL - 2011-09-11

I've lost the artwork/fanart on the menus (used back row the last month). The artwork shows fine both in tv-series and movies view.

these are on
settings > skin > homescreen > use fanart slideshow
settings > skin > artwork > enable global fanart background
settings > skin > artwork > enable vignette overlay
settings > skin > artwork > <!-- on this view I have the large O vignette background -->

I tried changing to the git version (really liked the new menu) but no go as well.

pastebin (from 0.9.1)

- Jeroen - 2011-09-11

dgsgc Wrote:I was using the alternatoe home screen and it wasnt working, will try the original and see if that works.
Ah ok, yeah it's only added to the original homescreen, the alternate homescreen will most likely be going away.

JimL Wrote:I've lost the artwork/fanart on the menus (used back row the last month). The artwork shows fine both in tv-series and movies view.

these are on
settings > skin > homescreen > use fanart slideshow
settings > skin > artwork > enable global fanart background
settings > skin > artwork > enable vignette overlay
settings > skin > artwork > <!-- on this view I have the large O vignette background -->

I tried changing to the git version (really liked the new menu) but no go as well.

pastebin (from 0.9.1)
I'm not sure what you mean. What fanart is gone?

- Jeroen - 2011-09-11

JimL Wrote:Is it in any way possible to request something like this? I love this skin, but I also love that DVD / Blu-ray cover wrap.
I have thought about having a bigger cover wrap view (or as an alternate layout option for slide view) with bigger posters and less library data, but using cases like that would look out of place in reFocus imo.

- JimL - 2011-09-11

Image Image

I want fanart here

- Jeroen - 2011-09-11

JimL Wrote:I want fanart here
Can't reproduce, it's showing up for me. But like I said, the alternate homescreen is not going to be around much longer.

- Jeroen - 2011-09-11

To anyone willing to create or update translations for reFocus.

The English strings.xml has been thoroughly cleaned up. I got rid of strings that aren't used anymore or that could be replaced by internal XBMC strings.

Some new strings have been added over the last couple of weeks/months, and some have been replaced by others.

I'm also planning to reorder the string numbers, so that they can be grouped together into categories and the strings.xml will be a bit more organized. I'll do the reordering myself as the string numbers will have to be updated in other xml's too. But that will be a lot of work, so it will take a while.

Anyway, I could look into setting up collaborator access to the reFocus git for those interested. That way you can send updates directly to git, and do a pull request so I can commit the changes. I'm no git expert but I think that's the way it can be set up.

- donut4000 - 2011-09-11

Galefury Wrote:Open Home.xml and delete line 101, <texture>home/menuBackground2.png</texture>

Fantastic - that saved me a lot of probably futile hunting about. Worked a charm Big Grin

- JimL - 2011-09-11

Wait what, are you removing that menu? I thought it had just been "released" Tongue

The old home screen doesn't work either tho. This worked before so must be something I've done since that time. Any other settings than those I listed up there that turns fanart view in the homescreen on/off?

- MaDDoGo - 2011-09-11

Hi Jeroen,

I am testing and trying to learn how github is working and I forked the code and pulled one translation request. I hope that this doesn't bother you.

Cheers!

- TheStretchedElf - 2011-09-11

Jeroen, have you ever considered horizontal menus? Made a couple of mockups which I might mod if I ever get time.

Image Image

- deanmv - 2011-09-11

Hey,

I know you are getting rid of the new home screen in the GIT's but is there any (relatively easy) way to hack the old movie info bit (that replaces the RSS ticker from the old home screen) into the new one?

Cheers

- MaDDoGo - 2011-09-11

Wow, TheStretchedElf these mockups are awesome :O

- dgsgc - 2011-09-11

TheStretchedElf Wrote:Jeroen, have you ever considered horizontal menus? Made a couple of mockups which I might mod if I ever get time.

Image Image

Amazing, they fit the skin perfectly...

- dgsgc - 2011-09-11

Couple of queries...

On the original home the tv shows and movies link shows a browse link instead of going into the library, is that supposed to happen? Goes straight into library when using alternate home screen.

Also, when scrolling through posters in slide view the thumbnails appear a touch slow. You see some blank spaces every now and then. Its fine when i switch back to 0.9.1 though.

- Galefury - 2011-09-12

Here is my ideea of a horizontal menu. I still like better the current one.