Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- wolfbiker - 2011-12-08

likely not a refocus issue per se, but any idea why when i enable the status bar, the total number of movies listed differs from the total shown if i browse my movies library? the status bar shows ~1,450 movies while the browsing the movie library displays a total of ~1,430 items.

- wb2alta - 2011-12-08

While changing around my view settings for tv shows, I somehow ended up with several shows which don't display a banner anymore. The banner.jpg is stored locally just like all the shows that display properly still, but for some reason these shows just show the "on air" logo for a banner no matter what I do. Any suggestions?

(I just noticed that the three that are missing banners all have colons in the name, so the folder itself has %3 instead of the actual apostrophe. I can only imagine this has something to do with it.)

- Sranshaft - 2011-12-08

wb2alta Wrote:While changing around my view settings for tv shows, I somehow ended up with several shows which don't display a banner anymore. The banner.jpg is stored locally just like all the shows that display properly still, but for some reason these shows just show the "on air" logo for a banner no matter what I do. Any suggestions?

It's most likely an image caching problem. Either restart XBMC or, hopefully, XBMC will re-cache those images. This happens when changing banner images as well. It normally takes either a restart or several minutes / hour for the image to be re-cached.

This is just one of the reasons I would prefer to have XBMC just use the original image and not bother caching, especially when running XBMC on the same system the media is stored on.

- wb2alta - 2011-12-08

Sranshaft Wrote:It's most likely an image caching problem. Either restart XBMC or, hopefully, XBMC will re-cache those images. This happens when changing banner images as well. It normally takes either a restart or several minutes / hour for the image to be re-cached.

This is just one of the reasons I would prefer to have XBMC just use the original image and not bother caching, especially when running XBMC on the same system the media is stored on.

I definitely think it is due to the colons in the show titles. Only the three out of thirty or so with colons in their names have no banner.

- butchabay - 2011-12-08

wb2alta Wrote:I definitely think it is due to the colons in the show titles. Only the three out of thirty or so with colons in their names have no banner.

Just edit the tvshow title via context menu. That's because banner.jpg is stored in a folder path and have to match exactly the name.
Btw, same rule for logos and cleararts.

- canadave - 2011-12-09

rich_stwrt Wrote:Had the same issue, and I think I figured it out.

I have been pulling out my hair for a while trying to figure this out. I had also noticed that the 'resumable' overlay was working.

I started looking for 'overlay' in the XML files, comparing the 'resumable' calls to the 'unwatched' calls, and the release versions of the files with the git version. In the end this ended up being a dead end; but as I was digging around, I noticed one major difference between the git and the release versions... the release has everything in the 'media' subdirectory compressed into an texture.xbt file, the git has retained the original file structure.

So, just out of curiosity, I copied the xbt file fro the release version directory over to the git directory, and viola, the watched indicators were working. I also noticed that i now had network logos (didn't know they were missing until I realized I had them).

Why the skin can find many things in the uncompressed directory structure, but not all, and it can find everything in the compressed version, I don't know. That for people a lot more experienced with skinning and xml to figure out / explain.

What I can say is that it appears using the git version is not as easy as just doing a git pull into the skin directory or downloading the zip file. It appears you need to take the extra step of unzipping the file, running the texture packer, then copying the texture file over to the add-on directory.

oh, the things we have to do to be on the cutting edge....

Thank you so much for posting this. I just noticed the same thing with the latest git version while browsing through my TV shows...some TV network flags showed up, but most didn't. I copied the Textures.xbt file over and it worked--flags were back. I would've gone nuts trying to fix it if I hadn't thought to browse through this thread and stumbled on this Smile

Now all we need is Jeroen to fix the teeny bug where the network logo appears twice in the TV Show Info screen, and I'm ready to buy the guy a beer Cool Nod

- canadave - 2011-12-09

Hey, this is odd. Just noticed an interesting, if exceedingly minor, little bug.

I just went into a movie set I have, and scrolled left and right using the remote to cycle through all the movies in the set. The movie set is in Gallery view mode. When I scroll to the LEFT, everything is fine, the fanart moves along smoothly, etc. But when I scroll to the RIGHT, everything is fine.....EXCEPT, the portion of the fanart image that's on the left, slightly off-screen, "blanks out" or flickers for a moment. It's as if the image is discarded and reloaded. Meanwhile, the centre image that I'm looking at for the currently selected movie, as well as the image to the right that's slightly off-screen, all scroll over with no flickering.

I tried it with a different movie set....same thing. It's a bug Smile Not sure if it's an XBMC bug or a bug with Gallery view, though....

- Jeroen - 2011-12-09

wolfbiker Wrote:likely not a refocus issue per se, but any idea why when i enable the status bar, the total number of movies listed differs from the total shown if i browse my movies library? the status bar shows ~1,450 movies while the browsing the movie library displays a total of ~1,430 items.
Weird. Previously the library stats were reported by an add-on, but this is supported by XBMC natively now. So I assume this data is coming straight from XBMC's database. Could it be that part of your collection is located remotely, maybe it isn't counting those if they are not mounted at that time?

canadave Wrote:Now all we need is Jeroen to fix the teeny bug where the network logo appears twice in the TV Show Info screen, and I'm ready to buy the guy a beer Cool Nod
Where? I see just one logo in the info screen Huh

canadave Wrote:Hey, this is odd. Just noticed an interesting, if exceedingly minor, little bug.

I just went into a movie set I have, and scrolled left and right using the remote to cycle through all the movies in the set. The movie set is in Gallery view mode. When I scroll to the LEFT, everything is fine, the fanart moves along smoothly, etc. But when I scroll to the RIGHT, everything is fine.....EXCEPT, the portion of the fanart image that's on the left, slightly off-screen, "blanks out" or flickers for a moment. It's as if the image is discarded and reloaded. Meanwhile, the centre image that I'm looking at for the currently selected movie, as well as the image to the right that's slightly off-screen, all scroll over with no flickering.

I tried it with a different movie set....same thing. It's a bug Smile Not sure if it's an XBMC bug or a bug with Gallery view, though....
I'll have to set up some movie sets first to look into it. I'll get back to you about this.

- Jeroen - 2011-12-09

Just pushed some more changes regarding the home menu.

With the changes to the way submenus are handled I though it was quite redundant to have separate locations for the main menu items and the submenu toggles.

The home menu section in skin settings therefore is now gone and all settings are now located in one dialog where you can configure the entire home menu, submenus included. I also added a button in the system menu which allows access to this dialog. So to configure the home menu you won't have to actually leave the home menu at all. Access to this dialog in skin settings is now located in the homescreen section.
The main menu entries for Movies and TV shows can now be disabled too, even if it's just for consistency's sake.

- Galefury - 2011-12-09

Jeroen Wrote:The home menu section in skin settings therefore is now gone and all settings are now located in one dialog where you can configure the entire home menu, submenus included. I also added a button in the system menu which allows access to this dialog. So to configure the home menu you won't have to actually leave the home menu at all.

C'est génial !

LE: I just downloaded the latest GIT version and it seems that the bug with tvshow name hits again. Also, I can't seem to find the button to edit home submenu (in settings, from home), although I enabled it in skin setting.

- Jeroen - 2011-12-09

Galefury Wrote:C'est génial !

LE: I just downloaded the latest GIT version and it seems that the bug with tvshow name hits again. Also, I can't seem to find the button to edit home submenu (in settings, from home), although I enabled it in skin setting.

I forgot to push an xml before, you probably pulled before I added it.
The tvshow name issue is under investigation.

- canadave - 2011-12-09

Jeroen Wrote:Where? I see just one logo in the info screen Huh

Oo

You don't see two logos? Maybe I'm just drunk and seeing double LOL

In TV Shows, in normal Banner view, I see one logo for the network, underneath the TV show description text, as is normal. If I scroll to any TV show and right-click and choose "TV Show Information", that logo I was seeing doesn't go away; it stays on the screen while the rest of the screen proceeds to the TV Show Info screen. On THAT screen, there's ALSO the same network logo, slightly offset from where the original one was. It's as though the original logo doesn't go away like it's supposed to.

I can do a movie of it and post it if you'd like, to show you exactly what's happening Smile Let me know?

And thanks for checking into the movie set issue. Hopefully THAT will be easily reproducible!

- Jeroen - 2011-12-09

Oh I see, it wasn't clear to me that the problem was in the banner view. Fixed Smile

- canadave - 2011-12-09

Jeroen Wrote:Oh I see, it wasn't clear to me that the problem was in the banner view. Fixed Smile

haha, sorry for the misdirection....thanks!

- umOuch - 2011-12-10

What do I need to do to get the watchlist working? The screen is blank when I select it. I have tv and movies on my system... And I don't see any script errors. Thoughts?