Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- PatrickBateman - 2012-01-25

edwinmcdunlap Wrote:I'm really liking the Movie Sets feature in this skin. One problem, though. Back to the Future doesn't want to group like my other sets. Any ideas why?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36263/refocus-bttf.png

EDIT - Did a little research of my own and found out this feature is actually part of XBMC Eden, and I found the wiki page for it. Ignore me Smile

So does this mean my movies should automatically be put in sets with Eden beta 2? Mine haven't?... Does this mean I need to rescrape/reimport my database for this to be done automatically, or do I need to install any additnal plugins to get this to work? That wiki says its built into Eden?

EDIT:
Just installed the git version and I have no white highlight bar, no switches, and all kinds of weird stuff going on?

I'm on Eden beta 2 and latest git?

- wolfbiker - 2012-01-26

there is something definitely strange going on with refocus (versions later than a 0.9.5 build from december i have) and mysql databases. it literally takes three minutes to load xbmc with this skin when using a mysql database. until xbmc loads i just get a black screen with a white arrow for minutes. i haven't seen this behavior with any other skin. i have replicated this on four computers. any thoughts? i can take a video if you'd like.

here's a snippit of the log:

Code:
09:23:15 T:736  NOTICE: ES: Starting UDP Event server on 0.0.0.0:9777
09:23:15 T:736  NOTICE: UDP: Listening on port 9777
09:23:15 T:5384   ERROR: CRemoteControl::Connect - failed to connect
09:23:15 T:2792  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
09:23:15 T:5500  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
09:23:15 T:6124  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
09:26:34 T:4220   ERROR: unable to load:C:\Users\Wes\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\jeroenpardon-skin.refocus-7b026a3\720p\DialogExtendedProgressBar.xml, Line 0
                                            Failed to open file
09:26:41 T:2792  NOTICE: Artwork Downloader: Service - Run at startup: False
09:26:41 T:2792  NOTICE: Artwork Downloader: Service - Delayed startup: -- minutes
09:26:41 T:2792  NOTICE: Artwork Downloader: Service - Run as service: False
09:26:41 T:2792  NOTICE: Artwork Downloader: Service - Time: 00:00
09:26:41 T:5236  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--

so it's trying to load something that isn't there and that's causing the delay? which is weird because i don't get this massive delay when i don't use my advancedsettings.xml file.
it's also just as long to close xbmc. it just sits there.

- Jeroen - 2012-01-26

One problem could be that you're probably downloading zip's from git and installing it over older installs instead of properly updating using a git client. That way old, unused files remain in your skin folder possibly causing conflicts somewhere down the line.

Also, advancedsettings.xml doesn't have anything to do with skins.

In any case I am not experiencing any performance problems on Eden Beta 2.

- Jeroen - 2012-01-26

wolfodeiwolfy Wrote:Hi jeroen,

I noticed version 0.95 is very sloooooooooooow from home menu to tv show or movies.

I do not have this problem with others skins.

It is slow in particular in gallery view. I have to wait 10 seconds before movie through my library.

Any idea?
Are you on Eden Beta 2? Beta 1 had substantial performance problems.

- canadave - 2012-01-26

canadave Wrote:Oh, just noticed some kind of separate buggy thing--not sure if this is reFocus related or XBMC related. I just installed the latest XBMC and reFocus builds from git for both (so in other words am "up to the second" in terms of fixes), and when I click to play a video I've already started watching, instead of showing BOTH the "resume from X:XX" AND the "start from beginning", I only see the "resume from X:XX" prompt. If I then click the Down arrow, suddenly the "start from beginning" also appears and the prompt looks normal.

Actually, this appears to be some kind of wider issue with the "bottom-most" item in a context menu (doesn't seem to matter which context menu). That bottom item always appears to be transparent until highlighted by the cursor, at which point it appears normally. I tested this with an earlier git version of reFocus (Jan 3) and it's fine, but the latest reFocus git version (Jan 23) does this behaviour.

As an aside, I'm amazed at how much faster reFocus is after deleting those <onload> lines from Home.xml and Startup.xml. It's about 50% faster on startup, easily, and just seems snappier moving around the menus. Would *really* be nice to have as a setting, wink wink... hehehe Wink

- Jeroen - 2012-01-27

henrava Wrote:Now, another problem: script LRC Lyrics don't work. I play a song (in the same folder i have the lrc correspondant), press M for menu, select "get lyrics", a white window appear... and nothing else ! Tried in confluence, no problems.
I haven't been able to reproduce this, the window opens up fine. I do get an error about fetching the lyrics but that would be an issue with the lyrics add-on.

canadave Wrote:Actually, this appears to be some kind of wider issue with the "bottom-most" item in a context menu (doesn't seem to matter which context menu). That bottom item always appears to be transparent until highlighted by the cursor, at which point it appears normally. I tested this with an earlier git version of reFocus (Jan 3) and it's fine, but the latest reFocus git version (Jan 23) does this behaviour.
This should be fixed on git now.

- Jeroen - 2012-01-27

Onto some back questions, I've been sick and busy so please excuse the delay Wink

freshmikeb Wrote:1. music/album/list view - add time for each track right justified under rating (on line where artist is left justified. i have a 100K+ music library and seeing track times in lists would be great (for everyone I'm sure!).
Agreed, I'll put that on my list

Quote:2. create settings options to enable/disable the watch list and tv next aired functions. disabling would subsequently remove the <onload> lines at the beginning of Home.xml and Startup.xml

In regards to 2, I realize you state that you're developing the skin for essentially your needs and that you run a HTPC with decent power.... BUT your skin happens to be the most well designed available AND also happens to run _really_ well on the ATV2. It's only when the watchlist/tv next aired stuff was added that my system started to choke and suck. My media is on a server on my network, accessed via NFS (which is fast) but with huge libraries there is a fat pause upon every startup and upon every return to the home menu.

I've just been deleting the <onload> lines from Home.xml and Startup.xml every time I install a new build (which is almost every time you do a new git build -- I'm obsessive). And I can continue to do that but there are probably a lot of people that don't dig that deep in that would benefit from the big performance boost that would occur if there were settings toggles.

Beautiful work, btw.

dank u wel,
mike b.
I'm wondering if the performance impact comes from both add-ons? Could you try and give an indication of the performance increase when disabling the individual onload lines?

Personally I hope the functionality of these add-ons will find a way into xbmc's core, performance being one of the reasons for that.

In any case I'm open to providing toggles for them. This would be simple for the watchlist add-on. Considering the integration of the nextaired add-on into the library however, some fallback routines may be necessary so I'll have to look into it further first.

I'll put it on my list, but it will have to wait as I'm pushing for bug fixes instead of new / changing features at the moment.

Seagoon Wrote:Hi Jeroen - thanks for the fantastic skin. I can't bring myself to use anything else.

Are there any plans to support Advanced Launcher?
Thanks, at the moment there are no plans for it. It's quite a lot of work to do properly, and as I don't use it myself it's one of those "when everything else is done" things Wink

AnotherCanuck Wrote:First and foremost... Thank you, Jeroen, for this awesome skin! I've been trying to find a simple but elegant skin that I can use to wean my family off of Boxee and onto XBMC. This is certainly it, and is personally my favourite skin now. The attention to detail is fantastic.
Thanks Smile

Quote:I've come to ask if anyone else is having this one minor problem though. Unfortunately, no audio format icon is displayed for any of my movies that have a DTS-MA audio track. I searched through this thread and found some discussion about this on pages 41-45, back in 2010. You said you added the icon for DTS-MA though, so is it only me missing it?

I'm on Eden Beta 2 and using reFocus 0.9.5. All other icons show (DTS, Dolby Digital, Dolby TrueHD, etc.) just not DTS-MA.
Ok, I'll look into that cheers

wolfbiker Wrote:in the tv channel list, if i open the context menu i can choose a thumbnail for each of the channels. problem is that the logos never appear, even after restarting xbmc. am i doing something wrong?
And when you set the icons through the channel manager in tv settings? Are they showing up then?

- MrLobster - 2012-01-28

I've just removed the <onload> lines from both home.xml and startup.xml, and its solved my problem of taking up to 1 min to load up XBMC.

So somewhere the watchlist script is a problem.

Its also near instant closing too, rather than 30 seconds to 1 minute.

- canadave - 2012-01-28

It's made a dramatic difference for me too. Is this something that needs to be brought to the attention of the XBMC devs (or whoever does that script)?

- Martijn - 2012-01-28

MrLobster Wrote:I've just removed the <onload> lines from both home.xml and startup.xml, and its solved my problem of taking up to 1 min to load up XBMC.

So somewhere the watchlist script is a problem.

Its also near instant closing too, rather than 30 seconds to 1 minute.

canadave Wrote:It's made a dramatic difference for me too. Is this something that needs to be brought to the attention of the XBMC devs (or whoever does that script)?

No not necessary. This is know for ages and really dependant on the size of your library. They are looking for a faster way

- canadave - 2012-01-28

Martijn Wrote:No not necessary. This is know for ages and really dependant on the size of your library. They are looking for a faster way

Oh, okay, fair enough--thanks. Hope they find that faster way, since the way it is now is quite slow even for my modest library Smile

- Jeroen - 2012-01-28

wolfbiker Wrote:in the tv channel list, if i open the context menu i can choose a thumbnail for each of the channels. problem is that the logos never appear, even after restarting xbmc. am i doing something wrong?

Doesn't seem like a skin issue as the problem occurs with Confluence as well.

- loggio - 2012-01-28

Jeroen,

just got back from a holiday. Tested your latest git changes. Channel osd info is broken again... it was working, now it isn't. And the animations 'fade in/fade out' dont work when selecting info either.

- henrava - 2012-01-28

Jeroen Wrote:I haven't been able to reproduce this, the window opens up fine. I do get an error about fetching the lyrics but that would be an issue with the lyrics add-on...

Hi Jeroen, yes the white window opens up, but i do not see the lyrics.
I have set the plugin LRC Lyrics to "embedded", so it reads the lyrics from the stored .lrc file (no need to scrape and fetch lyrics from internet).
In confluence no problems, in refocus i have this error in the log:

13:25:17 T:1452 ERROR: Control 111 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't

I think the error is here, but i'm not able to fix myself.
If someone want to test, he needs:
- LRC plugin
- set the plugin to embedded scraper
- a song (e.g. "born to run.mp3")
- correspondant file lrc in the same folder (e.g. "born to run.lrc")

Thanks

- wolfbiker - 2012-01-28

Jeroen Wrote:One problem could be that you're probably downloading zip's from git and installing it over older installs instead of properly updating using a git client. That way old, unused files remain in your skin folder possibly causing conflicts somewhere down the line.

Also, advancedsettings.xml doesn't have anything to do with skins.

In any case I am not experiencing any performance problems on Eden Beta 2.

this was a fresh install of xbmc with the version of refocus downloaded from your repository. no zips from git; no old files to cause problems. the skin works fine without my advancedsettings.xml file, but the skin won't work with it. i only have this problem with your skin. i can take a video if you don't believe me.

now that i'm reading other replies, maybe it's the watchlist that's causing the problems. that's why with other skins i have no problems, but with yours i do. it would also explain why my advancedsettings.xml causes problems (large MYSQL video library) but without it (no videos) the skin runs fine. can i just disable the addon or will the skin still try to load it?