Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- wolfbiker - 2012-02-02

Jeroen Wrote:It's not that I don't believe you, I just can't reproduce. But yeah it appears the watchlist can slow things down.
The skin will try to load it, so I think it's best to try and actually remove the <onload> from Home.xml

i downloaded the latest zip from git and tried that and deleted the script.watchlist folder from the addons folder and everything works as i hoped it would. xbmc loads and exits fine without delay. i never used that addon anyway.

- Martijn - 2012-02-02

wolfbiker Wrote:i downloaded the latest zip from git and tried that and deleted the script.watchlist folder from the addons folder and everything works as i hoped it would. xbmc loads and exits fine without delay. i never used that addon anyway.

Try this version of watchlist script and see if that improves performance
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=1005673&postcount=442

- smush420 - 2012-02-04

Hey Jeroen, which xml file would I have to edit to change the name of the inprogress menu button under both tv and movies. I've made my own smart playlist and replaced it with the episodes in progress one in the playlist folder in the skin, but I would like to change the title of the button to match what the script does. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Assistance....guidance - Metalz64 - 2012-02-04

Hi All

I realize this may not be an acceptable request especially in this thread so I apologize in advance, I mean no disrespect to the owner of this skin. I am hopeful someone with a superior customization knowledge in particular with refocus could assist.I am currently running XBMC Beta 2 on a ATV2.

I tried multiple skins and although each have their own unique benefits I have found that Refocus offers just the right amount of features, eye candy and vastly improved speed which is very important when you have a fairly restricted hardware platform such as the ATV2

There has been a few kinks/customizations I have been able to make with the kind assistance of others in this thread to make the skin exactly the way I want. The final piece I have been working on is to be able to borrow a single view (Movies casewrap) from another skin.

Here is the best screenshot I can find which best shows the view I am talking about(Confluence-mod):

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo133/zandor_2008/caseview.png

the background is alternating fanart based on the highlighted movie. I have been able to get this view to appear in Refocus by grabbing "/media/flagging/cases" and dropping the flagging/cases dir into the media dir of refocus. Then the "ViewsVideoCaseWrap.xml" and videonav.xml from the other skin's 720 folder into the refocus 720 folder. Finally an entry to reference "ViewsVideoCaseWrap.xml" in the includes.xml allows this view to show.

Of course because the videonav.xml is from the other skin you can not navigate, select...in essence you just get to see how it would look. I have also tried just taking the contents of the "ViewsVideoCaseWrap.xml" and pasting it into various xml's such as Viewlist, ViewGallery and ViewList xmls to see if I could trick the refocus skin into using this view.

In essence due to my lack of knowledge I can't shoehorn this view in....I am hopeful that someone who has the skills could either make the modification or give some guidance, advice or suggestion on how this could be done.

I do realize the knee jerk reaction is to say just use a skin that has this view but please try to consider that I have already made quite a few modifications and really imho refocus is the superior skin for ATV2 users.

Thank you in advance for any assistance or guidance it is greatly appreciated!!

Regards
~Metal~

- loggio - 2012-02-04

Hi Jeroen,

I've been having this issue for quite a while, every time i think to myself i must post the issue, but i always forget!

never the less. Here's the problem:

I've mapped the 'live tv' button on my remote to channel list. every now and then, when i click the button, it's taking me to channel list, (also happens when accessing channel list from the main menu) only i'm getting this issue:

as you can see, the channel logo and information from timeline view is being over layed on top of the list.

Cheers,

Loggio.

- Jeroen - 2012-02-04

smush420 Wrote:Hey Jeroen, which xml file would I have to edit to change the name of the inprogress menu button under both tv and movies. I've made my own smart playlist and replaced it with the episodes in progress one in the playlist folder in the skin, but I would like to change the title of the button to match what the script does. Any information would be greatly appreciated!
That would be in HomeSubMenu.xml. There you'll find the submenus for movies and tv shows. For both you'll need to change what's between the <label></label> tags on the items with ID 5.

Metalz64 Wrote:...
The essence here is that you'll need to make a new include containing the code from the viewtype you want to add. You can insert this into the existing xml's containing other viewtypes.
Then in MyVideoNav.xml you need to call this include, plus add the ID of the new viewtype to the <views></views> section at the start of MyVideoNav.xml.This needs to be a unique ID.

You also need a way to actually be able to select the viewtype. So maybe the easiest thing to do for now would be to remove a viewtype you don't use and use that view's ID to see if you can make it work first.

The media information above the view will probably be located in Confluence's MyVideoNav.xml, so that would have to be ported over too.

This is the really short version, you'll likely run into many more things to work out Big Grin In general, transplanting viewtype's from one skin to another is not very straightforward unless perhaps they share a common original codebase. If I were you, I would rather take an existing viewtype (Slide in this case as it is most similar to the view you want), and try to mod that to work more like you want. But basic skinning knowledge is a must in both cases.

loggio Wrote:Hi Jeroen,

I've been having this issue for quite a while, every time i think to myself i must post the issue, but i always forget!

never the less. Here's the problem:

I've mapped the 'live tv' button on my remote to channel list. every now and then, when i click the button, it's taking me to channel list, (also happens when accessing channel list from the main menu) only i'm getting this issue:

as you can see, the channel logo and information from timeline view is being over layed on top of the list.
[/url]

Cheers,

Loggio.
Hm, that's really odd Confused Maybe it has to do with the order in which controls are focused when entering the PVR. I'll look into it and try to reproduce.

- smush420 - 2012-02-04

thanks Jeroen that worked great! Which xml file would I then need to edit once I click on the in progress sub menu, to change it from saying "in progress" next to episodes? I like to keep things consistent.

- Metalz64 - 2012-02-04

Hi Jeroen

First of all I would like to say thank you very much for making such a great skin available to us, I would also like to say thank you for taking the time to reply.

I can follow everything you are saying and have done exactly what you instructed previous to your reply. I did make a new entry to the Refocus's
Includes.xml to reference the "ViewsVideoCaseWrap.xml" and considering there is no "ViewsVideoCaseWrap.xml" in the Refocus 720 folder this makes things easy as there is nothing to overwrite so I just simply copy it over . The view id for the "ViewsVideoCaseWrap.xml" is 543 which again is a bonus as the Refocus's MyVideonav.xml =

<views>50,51,52,521,522,53,531,54,541,57,571,574,575,576,592</views>

So I simply add the 543 to the list and add <include file="ViewsVideoCaseWrap.xml" /> to the Refocus's "MyVideoNav.xml"....but thats where the simple stops. Not trying to blow sunshine up your butt but all your xml's are logically laid out so even a noob like me can make sense of them. As an example in your "MyVideonav.xml" There are logically laid out headings such as:

<!---TRIGGER------>
<!---LIST------>
<!---landscape--->

Which of course lets you know what the relevant section refers to, but the other "Videonav.xml" (no disrespect to the other coder) it is all over
the map. Although I can locate where the View ID is referenced, it doesn't appear to have a logical beginning or end....at least not in my limited knowledge. Here is the pastebin of that Videonav.xml:

http://pastebin.com/TjbfCE1k

It's where that view begins and ends is where I am stuck. I do understand that the other xml uses "control type = radiobuttons" whereas Refocus uses groups but I think I can figure that piece out. Its where the view begins and ends that I can't get a handle on. I have tried multiple copy and pastes trying to insert that view into a pre existing Refocus view but without knowing the correct starting and end point for View ID 543 and short of copying the entire contents of the Videonav.xml and pasting it into the ReFocus's "MyVideoNav.xml" I have had no luck in getting this view to appear in Refocus.

I would greatly appreciate a nudge in the right direction...Thanks again in advance for any guidance.

~Metal~

- treqie - 2012-02-05

Hey. I have some suggestions, that you might have fixed already. Using an ATV2 btw.
Just got into XBMC, and the first thing I notice is how many redudant pathways in menus there are, that many skins luckily seem to break free from. But anyway Wink

* When I go into let's say "tv shows", and hit menu.. i'd like it to go back to home screen, instead of going to parent directories and finally home screen. Same goes for every other choice on the home screen. Perhaps not "videos".
- Also, if you go Home -> Videos, or anything else with a submenu, and then hit "menu" button on the remote, the "favorites" window pops up?

* Being able to add more choices to home screen. Like "HD movies", "Music videos" and such, so I can minimize the amount of clicking. Smile

* Since I have an ATV2, I'd like to see some options to turn off a few things to increase the responsiveness. Such as the blue dimmed fanart backgrounds on all videos, or some other less noticeable eye candy.

* When I use deck or banner as view type in tv shows, it somehow uses posters instead?

* It would be nice with an option for number based scores, as well.

Well.. that about sums it up ;p

- Metalz64 - 2012-02-05

Hi Tregie

The developer of the skin designed the menus that way on purpose, in order for it to work the way you want it you need to go back to post #317

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=570300&highlight=return#post570300

It's a fairly quick modification you can make, as for adding extra menu items if you click on settings then menu there is a customize home menu option that will allow some basic modification but for what you are looking for it will be more of modifying the home.xml (same xml you will be adding the return function on)

As for the poster view I believe this is on the same thing...settings then menu then artwork

(wife is streaming right now....considering how much messing around I have been doing with this skin lately if I were to stop the stream now to check I'm not sure which would get thrown further...me or the ATV2)

there is an option to use posters instead of fanart or something like that....by deselecting use posters you will probably get the view you are expecting....hope this helps

~Metal~

- wolfbiker - 2012-02-05

the pvr for xbmc is so awful, you might as well not even use it at this point. this is coming from someone who wants to use xbmc with pvr capabilities. if you need live tv support that badly, you need to sit down, have a drink, look in the mirror and contemplate making the switch to mediaportal since it's infinitely better than xbmc when it comes to live tv.

- loggio - 2012-02-05

Jeroen,

Lambda has fixed the nasty overlay issue on the Rapier skin with the pvr views I presented to earlier.

He's informed me that you need to change the visible conditions for all pvr views.
Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Loggio.

- travisbell - 2012-02-06

Hey Jeroen,

Do you have any plans of pushing out a new version (bumping 0.9.5) with some of the work that has been done lately?

- henrava - 2012-02-07

Hi Jeroen, after some work (try and retry...) i think i have solved the problems with the lyrics script. Here is the script modified (i tried to mantain the style of refocus).
http://pastebin.com/rmV2ARsJ

- bboo - 2012-02-08

My absolute favorite XBMC skin! Simple, fast and great looking.

I have two issues though:
- I'm using XBMC subtitles but when i download them, the subtitles do not show at all. My movies are in a local network drive. Could that be the issue?

- How do i download posters for TV shows? When i choose slide view i get stretched and distorted images. I want something like this: http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j126/JoenP/rf_tv_sl.jpg

Thanks!