Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- IamLegend - 2010-07-27

Jeroen Wrote:I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. Instead of going to the actual movielist after hitting Movies on the homescreen menu you want it to go to the movie library "root"?

I guess im just asking if it would be possible to have a movies sub-menu because if im not mistaken the only way to get to genres is to go into the movie or tv library and then back out to the root. Wouldnt it be better to have it work the same way the music section does meaning when you select music from the home screen it takes you to the music sub-menu where you can select artist, album, ect...

- Jeroen - 2010-07-28

redje Wrote:is there any chance that cdarts will be supported? I just did +300 cdarts and will be uploading another +300 to xbmcstuff.com

Sorry, missed your question. But no, I don't have any plans to.

- Jeroen - 2010-07-28

IamLegend Wrote:I guess im just asking if it would be possible to have a movies sub-menu because if im not mistaken the only way to get to genres is to go into the movie or tv library and then back out to the root. Wouldnt it be better to have it work the same way the music section does meaning when you select music from the home screen it takes you to the music sub-menu where you can select artist, album, ect...

I guess there's something to be said for that. Let me think about it.

- Eoghlear - 2010-07-28

Jeroen,

What is the size of the images in gallery view? The original is 1920x1080 but what does the skin show?
I'm thinking about resizing them to find out if this might help the performance of the skin.

- redcubed - 2010-07-28

Jeroen Wrote:@ redcubed: would you mind starting a separate thread regarding the mod?

I have no problems with the mod at all, but I would like to keep this thread limited to discussion about the current releases.

Thanks, Jeroen

No Worries. Will do. Cheers for the continued work on this great skin.

- Ayla - 2010-07-28

Jeroen Wrote:edit: can you drop these flags in the refocus/flags/type folder and check if they show up on selected files?
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-focus/downloads/detail?name=codecflagtest.zip&can=2&q=#makechanges

Wow Jeroen, they look great and they work perfectly!

Thanks man Smile

Now I just need the LPCM and VC-1 ones and I've got all my Blu-ray movies covered.

Thx again,

- Jeroen - 2010-07-28

Eoghlear Wrote:Jeroen,

What is the size of the images in gallery view? The original is 1920x1080 but what does the skin show?
I'm thinking about resizing them to find out if this might help the performance of the skin.

The skin is 720p, so that's what they're shown at. Although I guess XBMC doesn't downscale them when it's run on an 1080p.
Also, the size of the original varies of course. It's whatever the scraper provides.

Ayla Wrote:Wow Jeroen, they look great and they work perfectly!

Thanks man Smile

Now I just need the LPCM and VC-1 ones and I've got all my Blu-ray movies covered.

Thx again,
Glad to hear that, I'll add the other ones too.

- Eoghlear - 2010-07-28

Jeroen,

I understand they are downloaded by the scraper in the best size available.
I got mine running at 1080p. But what i would like to know is the size image as indicated here: Image

I've resized several images to 408x230 so the Alaska skin in landscape mode has less trouble reloading etc.
I would like to do the same for this skin and see if it helps with the performance on my system.

- Jeroen - 2010-07-28

In that view they are 750*422, but reducing them to that size they would probably look bad when you use the down button in that view.

- jackthegroove - 2010-07-28

Nice work!! Really like it! Just waiting on the recently added info on the home screen.

Also is it possible to not use the submenu system (which u did in a very nice way) and just have only a few options like "Movies - Tvshows - Music - Pictures - Addons - Settings - Shutdown". That way it would reduce the amount of clicks needed to start something. It would be a great addition to an already cool skin.

Ps: something you maybe don't know: when calling the recentlyadded script with certain conditions (totals:True or unplayed=True) the script will break for user that use an external database. Just throwing it out there Wink

- Eoghlear - 2010-07-29

Jeroen Wrote:In that view they are 750*422, but reducing them to that size they would probably look bad when you use the down button in that view.

Nice, didn't even know about the down button Smile.
Is it possible to edit a file so they look for a different fanart.jpg when in gallery view?

P.s. i'm missing some media flags for certain studios (spike tv etc.). Are they available for download or do they still have to be made?

- Jeroen - 2010-07-29

jackthegroove Wrote:Nice work!! Really like it! Just waiting on the recently added info on the home screen.

Also is it possible to not use the submenu system (which u did in a very nice way) and just have only a few options like "Movies - Tvshows - Music - Pictures - Addons - Settings - Shutdown". That way it would reduce the amount of clicks needed to start something. It would be a great addition to an already cool skin.
I will evaluate features and requests for the home menu at a later time. First priority at the moment is getting the skin to 1.0.

Quote:Ps: something you maybe don't know: when calling the recentlyadded script with certain conditions (totals:True or unplayed=True) the script will break for user that use an external database. Just throwing it out there Wink

I actually spent a lot of time last sunday on recently added functionality failing to find a solution that I actually found useful and fitting in the skin, so I'll be leaving that alone for a while.

You mean like using EMM? I'll keep that in mind thanks Smile

Eoghlear Wrote:Nice, didn't even know about the down button Smile.
Is it possible to edit a file so they look for a different fanart.jpg when in gallery view?
Yes, ViewsShared.xml is the file you'll want to look at, gallery view include.

Quote:P.s. i'm missing some media flags for certain studios (spike tv etc.). Are they available for download or do they still have to be made?

Please read this post it there and I will look into it: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76948

- Sranshaft - 2010-07-30

Eagerly awaiting the next update. Found a few things I don't think were mentioned before.

- Possible bug: The Scanning Music dialog remains visible when watching a video.
- Missing image: Resolution flag for videos with a height of 576.

- jackthegroove - 2010-07-30

Quote:I actually spent a lot of time last sunday on recently added functionality failing to find a solution that I actually found useful and fitting in the skin, so I'll be leaving that alone for a while.

You mean like using EMM? I'll keep that in mind thanks

I don't know what you mean by EMM but what i was trying to say is that users who added <videodatabase>...</videodatabase> to their advancedsettings.xml file currently have a problem with some declarations (or however you have to call them :p cfr. unplayed=True and totals=True).

This is an example of the Shade skin (in which recentlyadded script fails to work):
Code:
<onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(special://skin/scripts/RecentlyAdded.py,limit=8&amp;totals=True&amp;albums=True&amp;unplayed=True)</onfocus>

But it does work with reduced functionality like this:
Code:
<onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(special://skin/scripts/RecentlyAdded.py,limit=8&amp;albums=True)</onfocus>

I hope this helps somewhat Wink keep up the good work.

- redje - 2010-07-30

will there be support for the lyrics script in the osd? i just found out about the script. It's amazing!