Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- Jeroen - 2010-08-23

ould Wrote:Hey Jeroen,

Great work on the skin, been using it for the past couple months with no issues to speak of.

I have a couple folders of videos(racing and trailers) that aren't TV Shows and/or Movies so can't use library mode for them. So I am using the browse function to view these folders. For the racing stuff it is working fine but for the trailers I am downloading I am also downloading a dvd sized cover image so when viewing in browse mode it wants to put the cover in a widescreen sized image so the top/bottom get lopped off. Wondering if there is a way for me to change/add a view which displays the video's image in different sized formats. Or if there is a setting that auto detects the size depending on if it is using a screenshot or cover image?

Hope that made sense. :-)

Thanks!!

There's no such auto-detecting unfortunately. Well, there is the option to set the image's aspectratio to "keep" which does that to an extent, however this causes more issues that it solves in that regard.
One solution I could implement is to add a viewtype option for it. This would mean you can choose between sort of portrait and landscape orientation. You would have to set this on a per folder basis though, but after that it should stick. However this would only work properly if you have them sorted by folder.

so something like:

folder 1
--all folders with videos that should have landscape thumbnails
folder 2
--all folders with videos that should have poster/portrait images

I don't think this would have an effect on the image orientation of video files that are in the library, even when browsing in file mode.

Let me know if this could be a solution for you and I'll see what I can do for 0.8.9

Doraemonn Wrote:Ah! I'd missed that settings pane. Thank you Smile
You're welcome, glad it's working for you Smile

- loggio - 2010-08-23

Hi there,

Firstly I would like to thank you for an awesome skin!!

I have a couple of issues,
SLIDE VIEW: Seems sluggish, compared to confluences slide view... Scrolling fast quickly becomes sluggy.

THUMBNAIL VIEW: is it possible to have logos and media formats on this view also?? At the moment it's just the name of the movie... Looks rather bland and doesn't share much info with the user about the type of media.

What do you think?

Let me know, cheers

- cedell - 2010-08-24

I was quite excited about trying 0.8.7, but I noticed something new and I'm unsure where the issue lies, either with reFocus or xbmc. While in Big List view, I've noticed now that it wraps the last item so as to create a loop. So, for example, if there is only one episode for a season, I see four repeated items rather than one. When the Big List view was first introduced I would only see one entry. I absolutely hate this because, upon entering a new season the very last finale episode is shown at the top, offering an image, and potentially spoiling the entire season. I couldn't imagine why anyone would want this.

For example, this is the third season of Dexter. Um, right, as soon as I enter the season I pretty much know how it's going to end.

I tried to go back to 0.8.5, but I'm still seeing this episode loop. Is this in reFocus? I wouldn't have thought this was xbmc, as the views seem to be completely controlled by the skin.

crashes - mrblack - 2010-08-24

Hi all,

First of all, reFocus has to be the best looking skin round for the XBMC. Keep up the great work!

I am having some trouble though... I can't get in to menus more than 2 deep without it crashing and restarting e.g. going from Videos then selecting movies will crash. My setup is an Apple TV with the stable release of XBMC (Camelot I think??)

I did a install from the nightly build from http://sshcs.com/xbmc/ but then I was unable to change skins at all so I rolled back to the stable build from the Launcher.

I must admit that I have only started trying xbmc a couple of days ago so I might be a bit over my head but I am willing to try! Any help is appreciated Smile

- ould - 2010-08-24

Jeroen Wrote:There's no such auto-detecting unfortunately. Well, there is the option to set the image's aspectratio to "keep" which does that to an extent, however this causes more issues that it solves in that regard.
One solution I could implement is to add a viewtype option for it. This would mean you can choose between sort of portrait and landscape orientation. You would have to set this on a per folder basis though, but after that it should stick. However this would only work properly if you have them sorted by folder.

so something like:

folder 1
--all folders with videos that should have landscape thumbnails
folder 2
--all folders with videos that should have poster/portrait images

I don't think this would have an effect on the image orientation of video files that are in the library, even when browsing in file mode.

Let me know if this could be a solution for you and I'll see what I can do for 0.8.9

Yes that would definitely work for me. The videos in question are segregated into different folders. i.e folder 1=racing files(thumbnails) and folder 2=trailers(poster images). That would be awesome if it could be included in the next release. Thanks!!

Kevin

- Jeroen - 2010-08-24

loggio Wrote:I have a couple of issues,
SLIDE VIEW: Seems sluggish, compared to confluences slide view... Scrolling fast quickly becomes sluggy.
I compared with Confluence and I'm not seeing much difference in the scrolling. I don't see much difference in the frames per second when scrolling fast either (both vary between 14 and 20 fps). The posterframe textures can be optimized, this is something I'm going to look into in 0.9.x so maybe that will improve it a bit. I'll have a look at Confluence's code to see if I'm missing something.

Quote:THUMBNAIL VIEW: is it possible to have logos and media formats on this view also?? At the moment it's just the name of the movie... Looks rather bland and doesn't share much info with the user about the type of media.
I prefer to limit things like codec flags and such to the video info dialog as I feel they aren't really a factor in the selection of media you want to watch, which is the main purpose of the "browsing" screens.

cedell Wrote:II tried to go back to 0.8.5, but I'm still seeing this episode loop. Is this in reFocus? I wouldn't have thought this was xbmc, as the views seem to be completely controlled by the skin.
It's controlled by the skin. I am still trying out what to do with that view. It won't go back exactly to how it was before as I wanted to get rid of the "bouncing effect" it had. Maybe I will make it a normal list view instead of the pseudo-fixed list it is now.

mrblack Wrote:H
I am having some trouble though... I can't get in to menus more than 2 deep without it crashing and restarting e.g. going from Videos then selecting movies will crash. My setup is an Apple TV with the stable release of XBMC (Camelot I think??)
I think that is your problem right there. See jmarshall's explanation here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=555775&postcount=21

So, I think the only way to solve this is to try and make the nightly builds work on your aTV. Not a lot I can do about it I'm afraid Sad Try to get some advice about this in the Mac/aTV support section
Thanks for the kind words Smile

ould Wrote:Yes that would definitely work for me. The videos in question are segregated into different folders. i.e folder 1=racing files(thumbnails) and folder 2=trailers(poster images). That would be awesome if it could be included in the next release. Thanks!!

Kevin
Allright I'll look into it. This won't make it into the next release though, but probably the one after that.

- Jeroen - 2010-08-24

new login screen. still working out last touches.

- cpu2k8 - 2010-08-25

@Jeroen

First: reFocus is the best skin ever! i love it.

But i have a nasty issue with addons. When a addon uses serversidet list, like youtube, shoutcast or mtv, the addon is loading the list but shows it empty. I have testet it with other skins, but with them it works as normal. I use always the last nightly.

I hope you can solve the problem.

thx!

- anarchintosh - 2010-08-25

mrblack Wrote:reFocus has to be the best looking skin round for the XBMC

obviously Nod

- dratstab - 2010-08-25

cedell Wrote:I was quite excited about trying 0.8.7, but I noticed something new and I'm unsure where the issue lies, either with reFocus or xbmc. While in Big List view, I've noticed now that it wraps the last item so as to create a loop. So, for example, if there is only one episode for a season, I see four repeated items rather than one. When the Big List view was first introduced I would only see one entry. I absolutely hate this because, upon entering a new season the very last finale episode is shown at the top, offering an image, and potentially spoiling the entire season. I couldn't imagine why anyone would want this.

For example, this is the third season of Dexter. Um, right, as soon as I enter the season I pretty much know how it's going to end.

I tried to go back to 0.8.5, but I'm still seeing this episode loop. Is this in reFocus? I wouldn't have thought this was xbmc, as the views seem to be completely controlled by the skin.

I also dislike the continuous looping list style. You can change this in 8.7 but you will have to edit one of the files.

(note: writing this from work so the names of files etc might be slightly wrong...)

Edit viewsvideo.xml and find the section relating to biglist, near the top of this section you will find a line that has "wraplist" in it. Change that to "fixedlist"

I made this change, much better visually plus it is easier for my girlfriend to watch TV shows in the right order!

- Doraemonn - 2010-08-25

cpu2k8 Wrote:@Jeroen

First: reFocus is the best skin ever! i love it.

But i have a nasty issue with addons. When a addon uses serversidet list, like youtube, shoutcast or mtv, the addon is loading the list but shows it empty. I have testet it with other skins, but with them it works as normal. I use always the last nightly.

I hope you can solve the problem.

thx!

I think I may be able to help. This post fixed the issue for me.

- Jeroen - 2010-08-25

Just wondering, now that the AMT Lite plugin seems to be on it's feet again, is there much, if any, demand for the reFocus skin of the full AMT script?

I started making it because it seemed like the AMT Lite plugin was not going to be fixable. I don't like using the script personally (no offense to Nuka, it's a great piece of work, but AMT Lite is just so much more convenient imo), so if there's not a lot of demand for it, I'm not going to bother with it as it will take quite a bit of work to get the script skin up to par.

@cpu2k8: thanks Smile The fix Doraemonn linked to will be included in the next release.

Greetings,
Jeroen

- Galefury - 2010-08-25

I will not use amt as long as amt lite is working. But amt skin aside, it looks you are ready to hit us with another release. Big Grin

- Ayla - 2010-08-26

Jeroen,

Could you make it an option to remove (hide) the menu items you don't need?

For example, I never use Pictures or Music, so I would like to "clean up" the menu a bit Smile

PS. If AMT Lite works, then you shouldn't waste time with AMT Full, IMO.

- Sranshaft - 2010-08-26

Here's just an idea I had floating around in regards to the info screen. I'll see if I can upload the necessary files in a separate thread; but, I thought it might offer Jeroen some ideas as I remember him saying he was still trying to find a better way to do the cast / plot.

I really liked the way Jeroen did the settings windows and wanted to incorporate that into more of the skin. The menu also takes into account 'kiosk mode' which was something that was brought up before.

Anyway, here are some pictures to get an idea of what I had in mind. It's fully coded and ready to go in Jeroen would like to use it.

*I apologize in advance for the off-topic post.