Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- loggio - 2010-10-31

@ harry3001

can you upload your edit for 'mark watched' when you get a chance ?

would be greatly appreciated! cheers.

loggio.

- Galefury - 2010-10-31

Jeroen Wrote:No I don't think that's possible. The media count is based on whichever screen you're in. Would be nice though.
Actually, I was thinking at something more like aeon mq2 home screen statistics, not media count in movie or tv shows views in library.

- Jeroen - 2010-10-31

salival Wrote:Jeroen, I like this skin, but there's one thing missing as far as I am concerned.
Since I have a lot of mixed sources in my tv-show list (Blu-ray, HDTV, etc) I'd like to know which. At the moment I have modded 0.8.8 to show the logo's next to the resolution in views that show this. (I borrowed the code and icons from Alaska revisited)

The same goes for songs in the music section. In list view it could go instead of the star rating, since that's already shown next to the song, and in slide mode under or next to the rating.
It would be great to have this option available in future versions.

Either way, keep up the good work.

Ok, I'll consider that for 0.9.x, I see how that would be a functional addition.

mstef Wrote:Hi Jeroen, I'll put my few thoughts. Generally, reFocus is very simple & clean and you should keep it in that way. I prefer that media counters should be only in home screen just for info, nothing more. I create three visualisations how I see it.
That's basically what I thought Galefury meant. For readability purposes I would rather put it below the homescreen menu entry titles. Either way, it's not possible Oo

Quote:And one thing more, is it intended that focus indicator on home page has different color (is more bright) on weather and now playing than on video and others items? I suppose the reason is with length of the indicator but I can be wrong.
You are correct. However I'd like to redo the graphic so that it will be possible to scale better so that the brightness can stay the same.

starcitysecrets Wrote:hi jeroen,
in regards to the memory issue with the video addons constantly reverting to the list view, is there something I can do similar to this fix in Aeon http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50523 to have the default view as thumbnails?

I know its a different skin so it might not be the same at all but maybe a similar fix for me could be similar to this?

thanks!
I would rather find the reason why it's happening for you.
You could try to open myvideonav.xml and change this line on line 4:

<views>50,51,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59,571,511,574</views>

to:

<views>574,50,51,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59,571,511</views>

(574 is the thumbnail view, 50 is the list view, putting 574 at the beginning would load the thumbnail view first I believe)

Galefury Wrote:Actually, I was thinking at something more like aeon mq2 home screen statistics, not media count in movie or tv shows views in library.
Oh I see, yes something like that will be added at some point.

- mstef - 2010-10-31

Jeroen, I find problem with showing album covers in list view. For example I have few albums: album1, album2, album3. album2 has no cover. Now I select album1 - cover is shown, album2 show no cover, and now select album3 and for a while I see album1 cover before album3 cover is loaded. I see this bahavior also when browse songs.

- jalesm - 2010-10-31

The "show recently added and played video" toggle setting isn't working. I checked HomeSubMenu.xml and it looks like the recently added episodes and movies don't have the visibility condition: "Skin.HasSetting(homemenuRecentVideo)"

- Kolabor - 2010-11-01

Is it only me or turning volume down and muting doesn't work on Dharma beta 4 and reFocus 0.8.9.1 while playing video? It works when in GUI. Anyone else has it too?

- mstef - 2010-11-01

Is there any button handled to have view cycle switch? so I go into movies and by pressing some button on remote I switch views one by one: list, slide, thumbnail, gallery, etc? How to do that?

- Galefury - 2010-11-01

@kolabor: works fine for me.

- Kolabor - 2010-11-01

Weird. Pressing mute button on my MCE remote does nothing while playing video. When I press volume down the dialog appears but volume won't go down. WTF?!?

- starcitysecrets - 2010-11-01

Jeroen Wrote:I would rather find the reason why it's happening for you.
You could try to open myvideonav.xml and change this line on line 4:

to:

(574 is the thumbnail view, 50 is the list view, putting 574 at the beginning would load the thumbnail view first I believe)

hey jeroen, unfortunately no luck there, I made a small video for you to show the problem im having. I'm starting to think its something to do with retrieving the video add on data as watching a video and coming back sets the views back to the chosen whilst retrieving data automatically sets it to list.

in apple movie trailers for instance, they only update every so often (weekly maybe) so when i choose trailers, the view is thumbnails, which i have chosen, but when it updates during the week, it'll go back to list view till i watch a trailer or manually set it back to thumbnail.

heres the video to show you whats happening my end. really sorry about the 90 degree angle, but you'll get the idea of what im talking about.

YouTube

Great skin! - LinarSavion - 2010-11-01

Hello,
First let me say that i love your skin, very nice and sleek.

I have two problems with the skin,
One is the homescreen backgrounds, is it possible to make different background-sets for each category? (like videos, music, pictures, weather)

If this cant be done in the skin can you point me to the XML i need to edit?

The second issue is fanarts, i cant see any of them.
ive seen pictures of the skin and in all of them i see the fanart dimmed in the background, i cant get this to work at my setup...

Any help would be appreciated!

- Jeroen - 2010-11-01

mstef Wrote:Jeroen, I find problem with showing album covers in list view. For example I have few albums: album1, album2, album3. album2 has no cover. Now I select album1 - cover is shown, album2 show no cover, and now select album3 and for a while I see album1 cover before album3 cover is loaded. I see this bahavior also when browse songs.

I tried to reproduce this, and this happens for me too. Not always though, and only for a fraction of a second. Does this always happen for you?
I suspect it may have to do with the fade transition on the cover image. I suppose when I select the next cover quickly after the one before it's still processing the fade animation but the next cover is selected before the animation has finished.

Could you try opening includesAnimations.xml, and on line 5 lower the numeric value at:

PHP Code:
<include name="thumbFadeTime">
    <
fadetime>300</fadetime>
</include> 

And see if it happens less (or not at all) for you then?

jalesm Wrote:The "show recently added and played video" toggle setting isn't working. I checked HomeSubMenu.xml and it looks like the recently added episodes and movies don't have the visibility condition: "Skin.HasSetting(homemenuRecentVideo)"
Thanks, I remember someone reporting this earlier, but I forgot about it. I'll look into it.

Kolabor Wrote:Is it only me or turning volume down and muting doesn't work on Dharma beta 4 and reFocus 0.8.9.1 while playing video? It works when in GUI. Anyone else has it too?
Very strange, it's working normally for me, also Dharma beta 4 Huh

mstef Wrote:Is there any button handled to have view cycle switch? so I go into movies and by pressing some button on remote I switch views one by one: list, slide, thumbnail, gallery, etc? How to do that?
I'm not sure if you can do that. I'm pretty sure you can set a button to switch through the views, but I don't know about setting a button to switch to a specific view. keymap.xml in your user profile is what you would need to look into. I never really customize my buttons, so I don't know much about it.

starcitysecrets Wrote:hey jeroen, unfortunately no luck there, I made a small video for you to show the problem im having. I'm starting to think its something to do with retrieving the video add on data as watching a video and coming back sets the views back to the chosen whilst retrieving data automatically sets it to list.

in apple movie trailers for instance, they only update every so often (weekly maybe) so when i choose trailers, the view is thumbnails, which i have chosen, but when it updates during the week, it'll go back to list view till i watch a trailer or manually set it back to thumbnail.

heres the video to show you whats happening my end. really sorry about the 90 degree angle, but you'll get the idea of what im talking about.

YouTube
Cheers, I'll have a look into reproducing.

LinarSavion Wrote:Hello,
First let me say that i love your skin, very nice and sleek.

I have two problems with the skin,
One is the homescreen backgrounds, is it possible to make different background-sets for each category? (like videos, music, pictures, weather)

If this cant be done in the skin can you point me to the XML i need to edit?
There's no such setting in the skin, but it's possible. Handling of the homescreen slideshows is defined in includes.xml, starting around line 692. You're going to have to have to (re)code just about everything though.

Quote:The second issue is fanarts, i cant see any of them.
ive seen pictures of the skin and in all of them i see the fanart dimmed in the background, i cant get this to work at my setup...

Any help would be appreciated!
You're going to have to check "enable global fanart background" under "fanart" in the skin settings.

- starcitysecrets - 2010-11-01

Jeroen Wrote:Cheers, I'll have a look into reproducing.

Thanks Jeroen, I'm sure there's probably some kind of a parable on my end thats causing it, just like the other person who said they had the issue on one of their machines.

Two suggestions, is it possible to have a toggle to use video source flags (bluray, dvd, r5) instead of video codecs (h.264, xvid)?

and within dharma, it is possible to change the settings so that when you select a movie or tv episode, it brings up the info screen instead of playing the video. could we have something that allows refocus to play the movie/episode from within the info screen without having to go into the left menu. heres a rough idea for something that could work.

or

- mstef - 2010-11-01

Jeroen Wrote:I tried to reproduce this, and this happens for me too. Not always though, and only for a fraction of a second. Does this always happen for you?
I suspect it may have to do with the fade transition on the cover image. I suppose when I select the next cover quickly after the one before it's still processing the fade animation but the next cover is selected before the animation has finished.

Could you try opening includesAnimations.xml, and on line 5 lower the numeric value at:

PHP Code:
<include name="thumbFadeTime">
    <
fadetime>300</fadetime>
</include> 

And see if it happens less (or not at all) for you then?

Yes, I have this always and same as you of the fractions of second, but I also have this even I set fadetime to 0. I suppose you have to clear cover cover place if there is nothing to show, not just hide it; check condition, maybe you show it before you load the cover

- mstef - 2010-11-02

Jeroen Wrote:You could try to open myvideonav.xml and change this line on line 4:

to:

574 is for music only, for video thumbnails is 57 (large grid) and 571 (small grid)

OK I find, 572 is thumbinal for music