Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- mstef - 2010-11-02

OK, here you are. I create a keymap to get change view by pressing a button on remote or keyboard. As I don't use teletext I use this four colour buttons to go into specific view and I use teletext button to view cycle. Colour buttons I use only in video library, music library and pictures. In other dialogs works only teletext switch to cycle views. If you want you can modify this as you want.

So how to get specific view:

list - remote red or keyboard 1
thumbnails - remote green or keyboard 2
slide poster or cover - remote yellow or keyboard 3 (video & music only)
slide fanart - remote blue or keyboard 4 (video only)
thumbail small grid - keyboard 5 (video only)
gallery - keyboard 6 (video & pictures only)
gallery fullscreen - keyboard 7 (video & pictures only)

cycle views - remote teletext or keyboard 0

Here is my keymap for reFocus (for other skins you should modify the containers id's). Put it in the userdata\keymaps folder and restart xbmc. I tested it on my keyboard and asrock 330ht with remote.

Thanks to Hitcher who give me a clue. Jeroen, if you think it is important to your job get and put this file into safe place, because I don't know how log I'll be host it.

- smcnally75 - 2010-11-02

Jeroen Wrote:The transparency is in the background image itself, not determined by xml. Easiest way to adjust would be turning down the opacity of the default background image, it's located in the backgrounds folder.

Worked great, thanks! It's been so long since I've played with skins that I wasn't aware the graphics were so easily available now.

- Jeroen - 2010-11-02

mstef Wrote:Yes, I have this always and same as you of the fractions of second, but I also have this even I set fadetime to 0. I suppose you have to clear cover cover place if there is nothing to show, not just hide it; check condition, maybe you show it before you load the cover
Well, that's the thing. I'm not hiding anything, It just displays whatever cover is there for an album, and if there's no cover available it will just show nothing. I'm probably going to have to take this up with the XBMC devs.

mstef Wrote:574 is for music only, for video thumbnails is 57 (large grid) and 571 (small grid)

OK I find, 572 is thumbinal for music
No for video 574 is the thumbnail view, but specific to add-ons, because of the different thumbnail dimensions. To be honest, I'm not happy with how XBMC is handling certain aspects of displaying add-ons. And I am guessing this is where the origins of this issue lie. I created this thumbnail view specifically for the actual add-on thumbnails (so the logo's so to speak), and not really for thumbnails of the videos itself. Some add-ons set the content type to movies, some to episodes, some act more like file view. In order to truly tailor views to add-ons I feel they need to be their own content type so that I can set up conditions like I can for movies and episodes for instance. The current system either forces to a very traditional layout or to a lot of hacky code. I hope that once Dharma is final some work can be done on this.

mstef Wrote:OK, here you are. I create a keymap to get change view by pressing a button on remote or keyboard. As I don't use teletext I use this four colour buttons to go into specific view and I use teletext button to view cycle. Colour buttons I use only in video library, music library and pictures. In other dialogs works only teletext switch to cycle views. If you want you can modify this as you want.

So how to get specific view:

list - remote red or keyboard 1
thumbnails - remote green or keyboard 2
slide poster or cover - remote yellow or keyboard 3 (video & music only)
slide fanart - remote blue or keyboard 4 (video only)
thumbail small grid - keyboard 5 (video only)
gallery - keyboard 6 (video & pictures only)
gallery fullscreen - keyboard 7 (video & pictures only)

cycle views - remote teletext or keyboard 0

Here is my keymap for reFocus (for other skins you should modify the containers id's). Put it in the userdata\keymaps folder and restart xbmc. I tested it on my keyboard and asrock 330ht with remote.

Thanks to Hitcher who give me a clue. Jeroen, if you think it is important to your job get and put this file into safe place, because I don't know how log I'll be host it.

Thanks, I'll put it on the Google code page and make a sticky for it Smile

smcnally75 Wrote:Worked great, thanks! It's been so long since I've played with skins that I wasn't aware the graphics were so easily available now.
Great Smile

- Jeroen - 2010-11-02

starcitysecrets Wrote:Two suggestions, is it possible to have a toggle to use video source flags (bluray, dvd, r5) instead of video codecs (h.264, xvid)?
This would require relying on title formatting of the actual files or folders, something which I'm not a big fan of to be honest.

Quote:and within dharma, it is possible to change the settings so that when you select a movie or tv episode, it brings up the info screen instead of playing the video. could we have something that allows refocus to play the movie/episode from within the info screen without having to go into the left menu. heres a rough idea for something that could work.
Well, there is a setting for this in XBMC but I'm not aware of any the skin can read that setting. I would much prefer something like in your second image, but if I can't have the skin detect whether the user chose to bring up the video info screen instead of playing the video, it would mean that everyone would see that play button on their posters, even if they have the setting set to display the info screen. That is something I really wouldn't want.

- mstef - 2010-11-02

Jeroen Wrote:Well, that's the thing. I'm not hiding anything, It just displays whatever cover is there for an album, and if there's no cover available it will just show nothing. I'm probably going to have to take this up with the XBMC devs.

So make an experiment, try show something like transparent or semi-transparent png, where there is no cover. Try in normal mode and try use fallback declaration.

- Kolabor - 2010-11-03

Jeroen Wrote:Very strange, it's working normally for me, also Dharma beta 4 Huh
Well, looks like I've enabled "AC3 capable receiver" in settings and then you can't set volume/mute within XBMC.

- mstef - 2010-11-03

Kolabor Wrote:Well, looks like I've enabled "AC3 capable receiver" in settings and then you can't set volume/mute within XBMC.

Look here

- mstef - 2010-11-04

Jeoren, please consider change some skin settings for homescreen; present couple of settings:

use fanart slideshow (on|off)
set custom slideshow (path)

to

use custom slideshow (on|off)
- slideshow path (path)

If I disable 'use fanart slideshow' and I have previous set path for custom slideshow, I get slideshow even I don't want it because there is no clear button for path, so if I don't want slideshow I have to navigate to any folder that hasn't images into itself.

And you know what? In kiosk mode the menu is accessible even it is hidden Smile Try to for example in movies list view press left arrow, movie title is unfocus, try up or down and press enter and you execute some of the submenu.

- starcitysecrets - 2010-11-05

YES, jeoren i think i finally found out what is causing the add-on view problem. I just tried browsing the add on menu at my girlfriends house, and her internet is faster than mine.

When selecting an addon, sometimes the "retrieving data" dialog box doesn't come up in time as the add on data is downloaded faster than they do at my house. the 'loading' circle at the top rotates for maybe around a second and the thumbnail view comes up (success!)

However, sometimes I try loading the addon and the "retrieving" dialog box DOES come up (this is when the data takes a little longer to retrieve than normal) and then once the addon data is retrieved and the dialog box disappears and it is at the list view.

i dont really know much about the coding of xbmc but my thought is that the dialog box is for some reason causing it to glitch back to list view. I'm guessing that I can't speed up the connection to my media center but maybe instead of having the pop up box for 'retrieving data' perhaps something at the top of the screen like when movies are being scanned and scraped would fix the problem?

i made another short video, the first part of the video is how the addons should load up without any dialog box, the second part shows when the dialog box glitches it, and the picture at the end shows a zoom of the dialog box that actually shows you that the dialog box is saying 'List' even before the list view comes up, it should say thumbnail view really and then load the thumbnail view.

Youtube

- Jeroen - 2010-11-07

mstef Wrote:Jeoren, please consider change some skin settings for homescreen; present couple of settings:

set custom slideshow (path)

to

use custom slideshow (on|off)
- slideshow path (path)

If I disable 'use fanart slideshow' and I have previous set path for custom slideshow, I get slideshow even I don't want it because there is no clear button for path, so if I don't want slideshow I have to navigate to any folder that hasn't images into itself.
Allright, that will go on my list for 0.9.x

Quote:And you know what? In kiosk mode the menu is accessible even it is hidden Smile Try to for example in movies list view press left arrow, movie title is unfocus, try up or down and press enter and you execute some of the submenu.
Kiosk mode has been a pretty rough implementation so far. In order to do this better some reworking is needed on the side menus. Also 0.9.x stuff

- Jeroen - 2010-11-07

starcitysecrets Wrote:YES, jeoren i think i finally found out what is causing the add-on view problem...

Nice work, I have a hunch about how to possibly fix this now. I'll try to do this for the next release (which by the way will probably be next week and is basically intended to be a bugfix release).

- starcitysecrets - 2010-11-07

Jeroen Wrote:Nice work, I have a hunch about how to possibly fix this now. I'll try to do this for the next release (which by the way will probably be next week and is basically intended to be a bugfix release).

sweet, thanks man. hopefully it'll work and this skin will just be 100% perfection for me

- Jeroen - 2010-11-08

Couldn't help getting sidetracked on development a bit today and created an experimental alternate homescreen incorporating "recently added" functionality.

The idea here is to have a horizontal layout without the imo usability issue of not seeing what selection is coming up next.

The top row selects the main category
press down once to enter the submenu for the main item

And press down again to go to the most bottom row, which zooms in the recently added media

Note that at this stage this is purely an experiment and it won't be in the next release. There's plenty issues to be solved and it's not polished at all. I may even scrap it all together Wink Anyway, feedback appreciated to see if there's any interest in it.

Greetings,
Jeroen

- mstef - 2010-11-08

It looks great but IMHO this is going beyond reFocus, which is minimalistic and I didn't see any thumbs in menu before.

I really don't know what this skin is but it looks similiar to refocus and has horizontal menu, maybe will inspire you in some way.

- tungmeister - 2010-11-08

looks really good Jeroen, like the layout and the blue backing. I'll leave off on updating my horizontal mod and see what happens with this Tongue