Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- azido - 2010-11-27

Galefury Wrote:@ Jeroen: here's an idea for statistics for classic homescreen:

You can make it optional, in skin settings add "display statistics instead of rss feed." I would certainly use it because I have no use for rss feeds.

funky idea in general, but i doubt the statistics for all libraries are available as long as you are not in the proper "node". correct me if i'm wrong here..

- Galefury - 2010-11-28

Oh, they are, or at least, were. Amra made a mod for Alaska.

link

See the last image, for the second homescreen view.

- aaronb - 2010-11-29

I don't know if this is technically a bug, but I've found something that is not working correctly. In a video addon if you're using the List viewtype, the image assigned to an item does not show up, and it defaults to a generic image, I can see in the log it is loading special://skin/backgrounds/library/TVShowsNoFanart.png. The other viewtypes work correctly, and the images show up in other skins in the List viewtype. Let me know if you need debug logs or more info.

- spoco2 - 2010-11-29

Just have to post here that this is a beautiful, clean, sexy skin and has made my recent journey into the world of xbmc more pleasant than it otherwise might have been.

I find an awful lot of the skins to be juvenile, with a design aesthetic that seems to be stuck about 10 years ago.

reFocus though is just so clean Smile It reminds me a lot of the skin I was using on MediaPortal, called Maya (http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/maya-520/maya-v1-0-stable-26-10-10-mediaportal-1-1-x-88483/).

Except that reFocus is more impressive with its speed and transitions etc.

So, yeah. Just wanting to say thankyou for creating a really 'grown up' interface that makes me and my wife very happy.

Now, if I can just work out how to get my home movies to be an item on the home screen I'll be set Big Grin

- Jeroen - 2010-11-29

Hey everyone,

Yes I'm still alive Wink

Unfortunately I have been dealing with some computer problems. I have been plagued with it regularly freezing up on me temporarily.
It would just stop doing anything and continue as if nothing had happened a couple of minutes later. This made doing any work hardly possible not to mention very frustrating. So after some testing and hair pulling it became appearant that one of my drives had started dying. Worst of all it was my system drive :mad:

Anyway, I picked up a new harddrive today, so I have to do installations and configuring and I'll be good to go again.

This is my second harddrive failure of the year, so I'm hoping 2011 will be a better year in that regard Sad

Luckily it seems none of the source files for reFocus have been corrupted or anything. All the more reason to set up an online repository for reFocus 0.9 Smile

I'll get to your questions later Smile

Greetings,
Jeroen

- Galefury - 2010-11-29

Great. We've been worried for a few days. Glad to know that you're ok. Cool

- mortstar - 2010-11-29

Jeroen Wrote:...This is my second harddrive failure of the year, so I'm hoping 2011 will be a better year in that regard Sad

Maxtor?

Good to have you back skinning Smile

- tungmeister - 2010-11-29

I've lost 3 this year, hard drives are so rubbish, I must have lost 2.5tb + of data.

- spoco2 - 2010-11-30

Geeze people, what the hell do you do to your hard drives? I've been using PCs since the days of a PC having a whopping 30Mb hard drive (actually I started in the days of having a tape drive as the storage, but that wasn't an IBM compatible PC), and have yet to have a single hard drive failure... and I have hard drives just lying around in my 'tech boxes' which I have used to build up machines.

Very odd.

- mstef - 2010-11-30

Sometimes that happen, no rules.

- Sranshaft - 2010-11-30

spoco2 Wrote:Geeze people, what the hell do you do to your hard drives? I've been using PCs since the days of a PC having a whopping 30Mb hard drive (actually I started in the days of having a tape drive as the storage, but that wasn't an IBM compatible PC), and have yet to have a single hard drive failure... and I have hard drives just lying around in my 'tech boxes' which I have used to build up machines.

Very odd.

It happens. I've had more luck with internals than with eternal hard drives. Either the controller board on them goes or what have you but of all the hard drives that have failed on me, they've all been externals.

On topic: Good to hear nothing was lost, Jereon. I've been there and it's not pretty. Taught me to make backups of all my critical files but it was a hard learned lesson.

- Jeroen - 2010-11-30

mstef Wrote:Jeroen, I found something. It only happened me on linux (installed from live cd dharma b4) on windows is ok. Look at PATH, when is too long there is tag added and all the line is blue:
That has happened to me sometimes as well. It appears to be a conflict between XBMC and the skin where the path divider messes up what would normally close the "color" end declaration ( [/COLOR] )
Will have to investigate this further and possibly discuss with xbmc devs.

Galefury Wrote:Why was the name changed from reFOCUS to REFOCUS ?
It wasn't Huh

Galefury Wrote:@ Jeroen: here's an idea for statistics for classic homescreen:

You can make it optional, in skin settings add "display statistics instead of rss feed." I would certainly use it because I have no use for rss feeds.
I quite like that. Will note for 0.9.x

aaronb Wrote:I don't know if this is technically a bug, but I've found something that is not working correctly. In a video addon if you're using the List viewtype, the image assigned to an item does not show up, and it defaults to a generic image, I can see in the log it is loading special://skin/backgrounds/library/TVShowsNoFanart.png. The other viewtypes work correctly, and the images show up in other skins in the List viewtype. Let me know if you need debug logs or more info.

At the moment this is intentional. There are some (imo) issues with how XBMC presents add-on content. It is very hard, actually impossible, to have the skin distinguish add-on content from local content. Pre-Dharma there was a way, but that is gone. It's hard to explain it completely without a lengthy write-up but I have tried out everything I can think of to remedy this, but currently there's just no way.

Other skins do not have a problem with this because they have one generic thumbnail type set which is used for all media. I want a view to be tailored specifically to the type of content that is being listed. So, in that case I want to do it right or not do it at all.

The skinning engine really needs some more flexibility here.. There have been talks about this mostly with jmarshall but I guess this will have to be a post-Dharma thing. I have it on my list for 0.9.x

spoco2 Wrote:Just have to post here that this is a beautiful, clean, sexy skin and has made my recent journey into the world of xbmc more pleasant than it otherwise might have been.
Now, if I can just work out how to get my home movies to be an item on the home screen I'll be set Big Grin
Thank you very much. Other than making a smartplaylist and adding that to the homescreen via skin settings I'm afraid that cannot be handled on a skin level.

mortstar Wrote:Maxtor?

Good to have you back skinning Smile
No, I've been using and advocating WD for years and they have always been good for me. But this year my luch has changed appearantly Sad

spoco2 Wrote:Geeze people, what the hell do you do to your hard drives? I've been using PCs since the days of a PC having a whopping 30Mb hard drive (actually I started in the days of having a tape drive as the storage, but that wasn't an IBM compatible PC), and have yet to have a single hard drive failure... and I have hard drives just lying around in my 'tech boxes' which I have used to build up machines.

Very odd.
Like all mechanical constructions they wear down and eventually just die sooner or later, it's as simple as that. Of course other factors are involved like usage type and pattern, and just plain bad luck as none of them are exactly the same.
I mean, it makes a pretty big difference when a PC is used for casual type stuff or working with large photoshop documents, 3D rendering and that sort of stuff.

Although, in any case, this drive was too young to die (approx. 2 years)

Conventional drives basically just suck by definition really and the limitations are being stretched for years now. SSD is the future but they are just way too expensive and limited in size at the moment.

Sranshaft Wrote:It happens. I've had more luck with internals than with eternal hard drives. Either the controller board on them goes or what have you but of all the hard drives that have failed on me, they've all been externals.

On topic: Good to hear nothing was lost, Jereon. I've been there and it's not pretty. Taught me to make backups of all my critical files but it was a hard learned lesson.
Yeah, I usually back-up my important stuff including the skin, but it has been a while since I last updated that. So all would not have been lost, but still a lot.

- Kolabor - 2010-11-30

Online repo ASAP Jeroen Smile I still remember few projects that dissappeared because of HDD failures.

- spoco2 - 2010-12-01

Was watching some TV Episodes last night and just had to note here that the method of tagging watched/unwatched episodes is insanely subtle... it took me ages to notice the little star in the thumbnail!

Now, I know that you can hide watched episodes, which is cool and all, but just a suggestion, as this is a way it worked in the 'old world' of Media Portal and Maya.

A really intuitive way it worked was that watched episodes were just dimmed out compared to the unwatched, so grey instead of white for instance, which keeps the whole look really clean but makes the episodes yet to be watched really 'pop' out.

And then, the most intuitive thing was that when you went into a tv show's series listing it would jump to the first series that had unwatched episodes, and when you entered a series it would jump to the first episode that had been unwatched.

This meant that any time you were coming in to watch the next episode of a whole season/series you had, you only had to do two clicks on the remote.

Again, yes you can hide watched, but I do like to still see all my media there, just kind of makes me happy to have it there like my own little imdb/tvdb with episodes Tongue, but the quick navigation made life super easy.

If not that, then just the dimming of the items I think is a really clean and obvious indicator as to watched/unwatched.

Again, just a thought Big Grin

- aaronb - 2010-12-01

Jeroen Wrote:At the moment this is intentional. There are some (imo) issues with how XBMC presents add-on content. It is very hard, actually impossible, to have the skin distinguish add-on content from local content. Pre-Dharma there was a way, but that is gone. It's hard to explain it completely without a lengthy write-up but I have tried out everything I can think of to remedy this, but currently there's just no way.

Other skins do not have a problem with this because they have one generic thumbnail type set which is used for all media. I want a view to be tailored specifically to the type of content that is being listed. So, in that case I want to do it right or not do it at all.

The skinning engine really needs some more flexibility here.. There have been talks about this mostly with jmarshall but I guess this will have to be a post-Dharma thing. I have it on my list for 0.9.x

Thanks for the explanation. It's not a dealbreaker or anything, I just have a TV addon I wrote that I was trying to pretty up with better images, but I can wait on future changes. (Though I was pulling hair out for a while thinking I was coding something wrong when they wouldn't show up. Changing the viewtype one night at 2am and finally seeing them was a glorious moment Smile )

Since I hadn't posted in the Focus forum until now, I do want to say that I love the skin, very clean and simple, yet still very functional. It improved my WAF greatly.