Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- MrCrispy - 2011-03-16

Why did no one tell me about this skin before? It looks fantastic - very clean and usable.

Korean string for 0.9.0 - epoke - 2011-03-17

Korean string for 0.9.0 -> Download

- Jeroen - 2011-03-17

Many thanks epoke Smile

- Weavus - 2011-03-17

I hope we are still on for a 0.9 release this weekend, I've bought a freesat hd TV card in preparation for the pvr support Wink. Any chance of some new screenshots while we wait?

Could I ask we start a new release thread once its released as this one is getting a bit large.

- Herak - 2011-03-17

Jeroen Wrote:Where is it still used in the setup process though?

I believe i used it to set the ip of a share that wasn't happy using a host name. apart from that i've not used it.

It's still the best skin i've seen by a long way, keep up the good work.

- Jeroen - 2011-03-17

Herak Wrote:I believe i used it to set the ip of a share that wasn't happy using a host name. apart from that i've not used it.

It's still the best skin i've seen by a long way, keep up the good work.

Just to be clear, the IP input dialog window won't go anywhere, just the button on the full keyboard to open the IP window.

- Herak - 2011-03-17

Jeroen Wrote:Just to be clear, the IP input dialog window won't go anywhere, just the button on the full keyboard to open the IP window.

In that case it was a mild false alarm, thanks.

- moontan77 - 2011-03-19

some great looking tv channel logos that might be useful for the pvr version whenever its released.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=86047

reFocus available for download - Jeroen - 2011-03-20

It's been too long, but reFocus 0.9 is finally here.

This is the biggest reFocus release since the first public release. A lot of effort went into this in order to make this a true milestone release.

Originally this release was mainly going to be about introducing PVR support. Along the way though I decided to take more time to get more changes and fixes in this release so it wouldn't solely benefit users that use or want to use the PVR.

The PVR support, like XBMC's PVR functionality in itself, is to be considered experimental. Even though my experiences with the PVR have been quite good, it is not yet in XBMC's main branch and not all planned features are implemented or ready for primetime. Over time I will do my best to keep up with XBMC development in that area.

Other changes in this release include a much improved presentation of add-on content, cleaned up OSD controls, big list view for movies and tv shows, content-aware video playlists and redesigned OSD info.

Furthermore, the issues with scrollbars should really be resolved now, as should the problem with the viewtype reverting to list when displaying add-ons.

There have also been many optimizations to animations and textures, resulting in a smaller memory footprint, smaller total filesize and overall speed increase.

These are just a couple of highlights though, please see the changelog for a (still incomplete) changelog.

Unless some really nasty bugs pop up, I will probably consider reFocus 0.9 to be Dharma's pseudo-stable release and shift development focus to XBMC Eden. Some big skin related changes for XBMC are on the horizon, and I will focus on the skin playing nice with XBMC's nightly Eden releases.

I will also be setting up a reFocus repository allowing you to update reFocus from within XBMC. How the release planning is going to work out I have not yet decided on.

Because of the many changes I would advice on uninstalling your old reFocus installation. It might not be necessary, but maybe it's best to be sure. Because there have been many changes internally regarding skin settings your current preferences will be lost upon installing reFocus 0.9 and you will have to reconfigure the skin settings to your liking. Sorry about that, but I really needed to clean up the code in that area and bring some structure in that area.

Finally, some known issues for this build:

- sometimes accessing the leftside menu in the PVR the menu doesn't move into the screen completely. When that happens press right and re-enter the menu by pressing left again, and it will appear properly. Still investigating that issue.
- For some reason the transition animation when exiting a screen started to act funky for me recently. Don't know if this happens on every system. Also investigating that one.
- Dutch translation is unfinished
- On XBMC 10.1, recentlyadded script is not working properly for me. Working fine on nightly build. This may be a matter of db conflicts though.

Download
Changelog and more details

- nasuh - 2011-03-20

Good job. Thanks for new release.
Another little issue with tv channel logos. I've added tv logos from channel manager. But an "!" image showing over the logo images in pvr section.

- mots - 2011-03-20

Hey, great job! Having a few minor issues using lars-opdenkamps pvr builds, though:
  1. I had to copy MyTV.xml to MyPVR.xml for PVR to work
  2. channel logos and some sort of video logo overlap (see screenshot)
  3. i only have a few channel logos, is there any way to manually assign those?
Thanks for the awesome release, btw Wink

- otcho - 2011-03-20

Great release, Jeroen.

There seems to be an issue with the german strings. The 'umlauts' suddenly changed to hieroglphys. I've corrected them right away, hope the don't get screwed up again Wink

I'll also take a look at all changes of this release to update the strings.

Updated german strings:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3mqkh60mfaan5qh

- MaDDoGo - 2011-03-20

Hi Jeroen,

nice update. Please, in new releases can you implement the logo-downloader addon button in info window?

Cheers Smile

Edit: One little bug: In all shows views, the unseen flag is on or two pixels higher than it could be.

Another bug (don't know what's the cause, maybe codification) is that accents and ñ look bad in the skin. I confirm that recently added script fails all time.

- Galefury - 2011-03-20

I confirm, recently added doesn't work for me, but I deleted recently added folder from reFocus folder and replaced with the one from xbmc. Now it works.
Also, I confirm the funky animation when exiting a screen. I hope you can fix it.
I think the old "star" sign for unwatched movie looked better, even if maybe is not as visible as the new one.
Also, "Introduction and screenshots" threat needs new screenshots. Smile

- butchabay - 2011-03-20

Joeren really great job on refocus, absolutely fantastic another skin to choose with pvr support.