Kodi Community Forum
Shade: Official Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Shade (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=132)
+----- Thread: Shade: Official Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=75944)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

- Bobb25 - 2010-07-03

igotdvds Wrote:Taking inspiration from here.

I came up with this view. It will come with the next update.

Awesome. For TV Series i only use the Low List type views like this so i am ecstatic that you have included this view.

CD Art - JDizzy - 2010-07-04

Where does the cdart go? I downloaded a few of them and can't seem to get
them to show up.....

I am putting them:

Rolling Stones\Sticky Fingers\(all the songs + folder.jpg, + cdart.png??)

BTW, your screen with visualization + fanart background is awesome!
I was thinking maybe a little movement in the background image, ie: Burns effect?
(or it could make you sick to your stomach with too much movement).
Would that be done in the MusicVisualisation.xml file up around the top of code?
I might have a look....

- igotdvds - 2010-07-07

New update posted.

- dave77 - 2010-07-07

igotdvds Wrote:New update posted.

Would I lose my settings for the skin when I update?

- igotdvds - 2010-07-07

dave77 Wrote:Would I lose my settings for the skin when I update?

No. Just extract the files over the existing ones.

- igotdvds - 2010-07-07

JDizzy Wrote:Where does the cdart go? I downloaded a few of them and can't seem to get
them to show up.....

I am putting them:

Rolling Stones\Sticky Fingers\(all the songs + folder.jpg, + cdart.png??)

BTW, your screen with visualization + fanart background is awesome!
I was thinking maybe a little movement in the background image, ie: Burns effect?
(or it could make you sick to your stomach with too much movement).
Would that be done in the MusicVisualisation.xml file up around the top of code?
I might have a look....

I believe it needs to go under each album folder. I dont know why that wouldnt work for you.

- JDizzy - 2010-07-08

Thanks for checking..

I have pre-merge running on a memory stick (linux) to ATV and post-merge running on ATV (osx).

Pre-merge it did not display cdart, post-merge it now does.

- dave77 - 2010-07-09

I'm trying to install 1.04 over a prev version, 1.00. When I load up I get script errors on the homepage and the screen looks bigger, shutdown menu is touching the right of the screen. I've rolled back to the old version and that's fine, any idea what i'm doing wrong?

- MarkTaunton - 2010-07-09

If you are using a SVN then I cannot advise on that.

Personally, if you are downloading the whole lot, then I delete one Shade folder, and then make another, that way all files are the latest version, and no conflicts.

It maybe with Igotdvds, that he is too much of a perfectionist, and he tweaks something, but can sometimes go a little bit too far, I think the problem with a lot of skins nowadays is down to the old saying, you can please some of the people some of the times, but you cannot please everyone all of the time.

When you consider how many set ups are available, not everyone can have the same set up, and leads to corruption problems.

- dave77 - 2010-07-09

MarkTaunton Wrote:Personally, if you are downloading the whole lot, then I delete one Shade folder, and then make another, that way all files are the latest version, and no conflicts..

Tried both ways, unzipping over the old Shade folder and creating a new one, same results for both, i'll stick with v1 for now

- igotdvds - 2010-07-09

The way I do it is I extract skin.shade over skin.shade, accept that all files overwrite, and refresh the skin in xbmc. No settings change and all files work fine. I really plan on having this on a functioning svn soon guys, bear with me, I'm sorry.

- Handa - 2010-07-11

I just have to thank you guys for creating this insanely good looking and WORKING skin.
I have yet to find any issues and if I do I will be sure to report them.

Just one thing, is it possible to remove Music Statistics from the Home statistics? Don't really mind it, but would make it a little cleaner.

- igotdvds - 2010-07-11

Handa Wrote:I just have to thank you guys for creating this insanely good looking and WORKING skin.
I have yet to find any issues and if I do I will be sure to report them.

Just one thing, is it possible to remove Music Statistics from the Home statistics? Don't really mind it, but would make it a little cleaner.

Thanks for your comments.
Would you want anything in place of the music statistics or remove it altogether? To me, it would look weird having something on the left and middle but not on the right. What do you think?

- Handa - 2010-07-11

igotdvds Wrote:Thanks for your comments.
Would you want anything in place of the music statistics or remove it altogether? To me, it would look weird having something on the left and middle but not on the right. What do you think?

If possible, building in the weather script on the right would be cool to have. But is the Home-button used for anything other than those stats? The alternate choices you get when pressing up arrow is the same as on Settings and it doesn't seem like I am able to remove either the Home or Settings-button.

Since the stats are already on the categories (ie movies stats is under Movies-button) I don't really get the point of the home-button.

- Waffa - 2010-07-12

Give your skin a spin ...Better late than never Big Grin

Really nice Nod great implemented ideas and many views, like that. give the user something to choose from.