Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- Wingie - 2011-10-02

Ne0tr0n Wrote:hey

im using couchpotato german branch with nzbindex.nl as search engine
when i add a movie and force a search for it i see in the logs the following error

How did you add this provider in my version it isn't available? (using the latest version from ruud)

- unabatedshagie - 2011-10-03

ECEC Wrote:The protocol isn't a big deal.it sounds like you have a firewall blocking incoming connections. You'll need to add an exception to your firewall software for CP to be accessible to other machines.
I'll double check but I'm 99% positive that I don't have a software firewall enabled.

- maocul - 2011-10-03

apologies if this has already been noted but I've searched this thread and not come up with anything that relates to my issue.

I'm using torrent searching and when CP searches getting the following in the log

Code:
11:18:13 ERROR [provider.yarr.sources.tpb] Failed to open https://thepiratebay.org/search/The+Smurfs+720p+-brrip+-bdrip/0/7/207.
11:17:54 INFO  [provider.yarr.sources.tpb] Searching: https://thepiratebay.org/search/The+Smurfs+720p+-brrip+-bdrip/0/7/207
11:17:54 ERROR [     app.lib.provider.rss] Something went wrong in urlopen: <urlopen error _ssl.c:488: The handshake operation timed out>
11:17:36 INFO  [         app.lib.cron.eta] Found ETA: {u'dvd': 0, u'expires': 1317563702, u'theater': 0, u'bluray': False}
11:17:26 INFO  [lib.provider.movie.search] Getting extra movie info for The Smurfs.

Is this just caused by thepiratebay not responding quickly enough? I can see a torrent on the site that matches the criteria so not sure what else it could be.

- clubwerks - 2011-10-03

TPB was down for a long time last night.

- nokmond - 2011-10-05

I've got a problem - when I start sabnzb instead of it launching it's going to the setup wizard. It was working fine before now so I don't know whats causing it??

Is there a way I can reinstall it without having to configure everything from scratch?

Or any suggestions how to fix it?

Cheers!

- JustMarioBros - 2011-10-06

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of a problem here. I'm currently on OS X 10.7.1 and just downloaded CouchPotato version 964cd71. I unzip it, place the CouchPotato folder in the Apps folder, and when I try to launch it from there, it gives me a 500 internal error on the browser. But when I place the folder on my desktop, it launches just fine. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I even tried placing it in the Documents folder and then running it and still same error.

- RuudBurger - 2011-10-06

Check the the rights/permission on the folder. I assume CP doesn't have the rights to write to its own folder.

RuudBurger Wrote:Check the the rights/permission on the folder. I assume CP doesn't have the rights to write to its own folder.

I set all the rights to Read & Write and still same problem. It seems to only work off the desktop for some reason.

Also to all the subfolders? Could you try in terminal "python /Application/CouchPotato/CouchPotato.py"? (Use the real path to CP Wink)

RuudBurger Wrote:Also to all the subfolders? Could you try in terminal "python /Application/CouchPotato/CouchPotato.py"? (Use the real path to CP Wink)

I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling now. I just set all the rights to Read & Write on everything in the CP folder. If I rename the folder to CouchPotato it won't disrupt anything? It's currently called "RuudBurger-CouchPotato-964cd71".

Also, what exactly does that do by using terminal and typing that in? I'm sorry, I just got my mac 2 days ago so I'm new to mac and NZBs.

Thanks for the help!

Just wanted to confirm that changing the permission on all files and folders to Read & Write fixed the problem!

Thank you so much.

Cool. Now for the hard part Wink

- azgul - 2011-10-08

Does anyone know how I can accomplish this:

I would like to have CouchPotato postprocess my downloads, but not rename them, as I would like to preserve the scenerelease names. I have already modified the CouchPotato code to download nzb's from from nzbmatrix whilst preserving the scenerelease names, so the folders has the names I want them to have.

Currently if I enable renaming and tell Couch Potato to do as following,
Folder: <original>
Filename: <original>.<ext>

Using the rename setting will however mess things up. Here are a couple of examples;

Despicable.Me.2010.1080p.BluRay.x264-EbP.mkv was renamed to Despicable.Me.2010.1080p.BluRay.x264-EbP.mkv.mkv
While the folder was renamed from Despicable.Me.2010.1080p.BluRay.x264-EbP to Despicable.Me.2010.1080p.BluRay.x264-EbP.mkv

A more annoying example is the release "Revolver.2005.1080p.BluRay.x264-LCHD";
where the filename is originally named revolver-lchd.mkv
It renames the folder to: revolver-lchd.mkv
And the filename to: revolver-lchd.mkv.mkv

This is obviously quite messy, not to mention annoying. I realize that I can just have SABnzbd dump them into their final destination once extracted, but I would rather have CouchPotato move them and send the notification to XBMC.

- unabatedshagie - 2011-10-08

azgul Wrote:Does anyone know how I can accomplish this:

I would like to have CouchPotato postprocess my downloads, but not rename them, as I would like to preserve the scenerelease names. I have already modified the CouchPotato code to download nzb's from from nzbmatrix whilst preserving the scenerelease names, so the folders has the names I want them to have.

Currently if I enable renaming and tell Couch Potato to do as following,
Folder: <original>
Filename: <original>.<ext>

Using the rename setting will however mess things up. Here are a couple of examples;

Despicable.Me.2010.1080p.BluRay.x264-EbP.mkv was renamed to Despicable.Me.2010.1080p.BluRay.x264-EbP.mkv.mkv
While the folder was renamed from Despicable.Me.2010.1080p.BluRay.x264-EbP to Despicable.Me.2010.1080p.BluRay.x264-EbP.mkv

A more annoying example is the release "Revolver.2005.1080p.BluRay.x264-LCHD";
where the filename is originally named revolver-lchd.mkv
It renames the folder to: revolver-lchd.mkv
And the filename to: revolver-lchd.mkv.mkv

This is obviously quite messy, not to mention annoying. I realize that I can just have SABnzbd dump them into their final destination once extracted, but I would rather have CouchPotato move them and send the notification to XBMC.
To me it looks like the code you have altered isn't removing the extension which is why the extension is showing in your folder names and in the file names twice.

Not having looked at the CP source code before or seen what changes you have made to it I can't help any further, sorry.

- azgul - 2011-10-08

unabatedshagie Wrote:To me it looks like the code you have altered isn't removing the extension which is why the extension is showing in your folder names and in the file names twice.

Not having looked at the CP source code before or seen what changes you have made to it I can't help any further, sorry.
The only change I have made, is to nzbmatrix.py. I changed the return statement to return
Code:
def getApiExt(self):
        return '&scenename=1&username=%s&apikey=%s' % (self.conf('username'),
self.conf('apikey'))
basically I have just added the "&scenename=1". I fail to see how this relates to my problem?

original source: https://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotato/blob/master/app/lib/provider/yarr/sources/nzbmatrix.py