Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- mwkurt - 2010-07-26

If I may add on to Rob151515's post. I only download DVDRips of movies. Sometimes they come in at 700 to 800 MB. Sometimes they are 1.4GB. For non action movies, I don't mind the 700MB rips. For movies with lots of action and fast moving scenes, I prefer more bitrate and the 1.4GB rips. If I could set asize for a particular movie, that would make it so I actually get the rip I want for whatever type of movie it is.
Great app by the way!
Thanks,
Mark

- RuudBurger - 2010-07-26

Ok, I see what I can do.
Could one of you make a github issue for this?
I'm trying to avoid CP being crowded with every option available, I think that ordering on size would help for 95% of the time then?

@lslow00
Yeah the NZBMatrix API is changed, but the new one doesn't work properly yet.

- prae5 - 2010-07-26

I really love the looks of this Smile

Am trying to set this up now and keep having the same issue. I can add items to CP it search and and finds them, and in the CP log indicates they have been added to sabnzbd correctly, however sabnzbd complains about the files being added.

From CP logs:
Code:
13:04:10,309 INFO  [app.lib.sabNzbd] URL: http://192.168.1.60:8080/sabnzbd/api?ma_password=xxxxxxx&apikey=32105a8f13e5e37b11a45a46ba6576f7&name=http%3A%2F%2Fnzbs.org%2Findex.php%3Faction%3Dgetnzb%26nzbid%3D383759%26i%3Dprae5%26h%3D32776c315b5d800f0c89e1b5e06a0e24&cat=couchpotato&mode=addurl&ma_username=prae5
13:04:10,464 INFO  [app.lib.sabNzbd] Result text from SAB: ok
13:04:10,464 INFO  [app.lib.sabNzbd] NZB sent to SAB successfully.

In sabnzb i get a failed to add url error in the history. If i copy and paste the url shown in the history, it downloads fine in my browser.

Can anyone give me a bit of a pointer in where i should be looking?

Cheers

What happens if you add the url in SABNZB itself using the "add nzb" function?

Just want to say thanks to John Gillies, who created an awesome logo!
It's on CouchPotatoApp.com and in the first post.

A friend of mine is also working on a logo, so this could be a temporary thing. But it doesn't make it less awesome ^^.

Also wanted to thank the few who already donated! Never thought people would do that. Big Grin

- prae5 - 2010-07-26

RuudBurger Wrote:What happens if you add the url in SABNZB itself using the "add nzb" function?

Consider me stupid ;-)

Notices a slight typo, seems to be working now.

thanks

When I added the floating menu yesterday, I broke the update function. Well not really broke it, but the big yellow notice message, is BEHIND the header.
To update you can still use the little link in the footer though. Fixed in latest release.

HOW TO INSTALL for LINUX NOOBS - Flomaster - 2010-07-26

RuudBurger Wrote:@Flomaster
sudo apt-get install git-core
cd /usr/local/sbin/
sudo git clone git://github.com/RuudBurger/Movie-Manager.git moviemanager
cd moviemanager
from here, run the .py script. or run MM via the init.d script.

so here I am with a fresh install and just want to double check I am installing correctly.

I should install like so

Code:
sudo apt-get install git-core
cd /usr/local/sbin/
git clone git://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotato.git couchpotato
cd couchpotato
sudo cp initd /etc/init.d/couchpotato
sudo gedit /etc/init.d/couchpotato (Change from user=ROOT to your user name)
sudo chmod a+x /etc/init.d/couchpotato
sudo /etc/init.d/couchpotato start

-=Jason=-

yes. and maybe change the "user=root" in the /etc/init.d/couchpotato to the appropriate user, depending on your rights/privileges.

- jbrillo1126 - 2010-07-26

I keep getting this error when scanning for new videos. As I'm not a programmer i have no idea what it means but it causes the scanning process to hang and no longer auto scan here is the portion of the log file with the error:

Quote:KeyError: u'\xc5'
File "..\build\pyi.win32\CouchPotato\outPYZ1.pyz/urllib", line 1222, in quote
File "..\build\pyi.win32\CouchPotato\outPYZ1.pyz/urllib", line 1228, in quote_plus
return self.downloadUrl % (id, quote_plus(name))
File "C:/Users/Joshua/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI31802\app\lib\provider\yarr\sources\tpb.py", line 160, in downloadLink
new.url = self.downloadLink(id, name)
File "C:/Users/Joshua/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI31802\app\lib\provider\yarr\sources\tpb.py", line 115, in find
results.extend(source.find(movie, type, type))
File "C:/Users/Joshua/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI31802\app\lib\provider\yarr\search.py", line 46, in find
results = self.provider.find(movie, queue)
File "C:/Users/Joshua/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI31802\app\lib\cron\cronYarr.py", line 134, in _search
self._search(movie)
File "C:/Users/Joshua/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI31802\app\lib\cron\cronYarr.py", line 74, in searchAll
self.searchAll()
File "C:/Users/Joshua/AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI31802\app\lib\cron\cronYarr.py", line 47, in run
File "..\build\pyi.win32\CouchPotato\outPYZ1.pyz/threading", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
Traceback (most recent call last):
08:25:29,210 CRITI [stderr] Exception in thread Thread-5:

- Flomaster - 2010-07-26

RuudBurger Wrote:yes. and maybe change the "user=root" in the /etc/init.d/couchpotato to the appropriate user, depending on your rights/privileges.

ahh right I'll change it from ROOT to xbmc as thats the user name on the computer

-=Jason=-

@jbrillo1126:
Could you pm me the movie and the bit of log that came before/after that? Think it is an encoding issue.

- Mrkennedy - 2010-07-27

For some reason still the new update (logo) it's been downloading 2 of everything. Once when i add a film and then as i search every hour it does it again then and at this point does it go to the snatched section.

any ideas?

- RuudBurger - 2010-07-27

So the first time downloads, buts fails to add it to snatched?

- rflores2323 - 2010-07-27

ok I have it open now, finally. thanks.. now how do I add my torrent sites on it so that it can check those sites by rss feed? or does this only check NZB sites that are listed? how does the torrent function work?