Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

Great Program - drdeath691 - 2010-08-08

Running this along side Sickbeard and I love it. My only request (complaint) is I prefer BR-Rips. Is there anyway to filter categories for ex. BR-Rip (720p).

Thanx in advance.

- RuudBurger - 2010-08-08

You mean you want only the 720p brrips and not he 480? If so, no this isn't possible.

- alshain - 2010-08-09

[UPDATE]
New renaming features:
<original> to get the original filename without the extension
<audio> represents the audio codec if it is indicated in the filename, else 'unknown'
<video> represents the video codec else 'unknown'
<group> represents the releasegroup if the file is named like *-GROUP.ext else: 'unknown'

Codecs:
DTS, AC3, AC3D, MP3
x264, XviD, DivX

Use Case: There are hardware players that cannot playback DTS audio without the help of an external decoder. (Using XBMC you can achive that using smart playlists (video plugins))
The group and video codec are just here for completeness' sake.

- ClayM - 2010-08-09

Is there a way to have CP tell XBMC to update itself after it's successfully downloaded and moved something?

- SofaKng - 2010-08-09

ClayM Wrote:Is there a way to have CP tell XBMC to update itself after it's successfully downloaded and moved something?
Yes, this feature would be perfect. I'd very, very much appreciate it! (I think all you need to do is submit a URL to XBMC, right?)

Also, do I need to configure SABnzbd with a user-script to execute after a movie is downloaded?

- DejaVu - 2010-08-10

Just downloaded r20 and decided to restart afresh.

Tried to add the Quailty -

DVDRip ......
720p.......... Finish

I was expecting the Films to be downloaded in DVDRip and stay in the list til the 720p version was availble (wait 21 days is entered).

But as soon as the DVDRip is snatched, it goes to job done?

Image of my setup -

- Flomaster - 2010-08-10

DejaVu77, your list is backwards you need to add 720 first and check finish on it and then add dvdrip below.

you want to search for 720p first and if not found it will snatch a dvdrip if available.

yes i know you didn't have dvdrip checked, but just try it out that way and see if it works for you.

I have mine like so
720P
1080P
Bdrip
Dvdrip
dvd-R

so it starts from the top and works it way down.

-=jason=-

- DejaVu - 2010-08-10

But I want to download the DVDRip first and replace it with the 720p once it becomes available. I did it this way before (r19) and it worked great.

DVD's generally get released before Blu-Ray.

EDIT
If possible, leave the search in there indefinitely til it finds it would be good - like upgrading! Smile

- alshain - 2010-08-10

It only replaces when you use the renaming feature and have a "static" name, i.e. a name determined by the movie (default), not the release (new functionality).

Flomaster is right. You need to inverse your quality lists.
At first it will try to find what's on top of your quality list, then it works its way down to the bottom. So when a 720p is not yet available, the DVDRip will be fetched, unless, that is, if you make it wait for X days until it is allowed to fetch the next.

- wazzer99 - 2010-08-10

alshain Wrote:It only replaces when you use the renaming feature and have a "static" name, i.e. a name determined by the movie (default), not the release (new functionality).

Flomaster is right. You need to inverse your quality lists.
At first it will try to find what's on top of your quality list, then it works its way down to the bottom. So when a 720p is not yet available, the DVDRip will be fetched, unless, that is, if you make it wait for X days until it is allowed to fetch the next.
question, how does one mass edit/reorder the quality list of existing/added movies

- RuudBurger - 2010-08-10

wazzer99 Wrote:question, how does one mass edit/reorder the quality list of existing/added movies

Can't yet. You will have to overwrite them in CP, one by one for now.

- Homerboy - 2010-08-11

Great app for sure... this coupled with SB and SAB and XBMC equals video heaven.

That being said, how about a feature request.
Would it be possible for CP to scrub online databases for "movies currently in theaters" and also "Soon to be released on DVD"

That why we could browse the selection of theatrical releases (hoping for a screener or R5/6 maybe) and also see what is coming soon to DVD (hoping for a release of a XVID/DVD/BR rip).

Just a suggestion.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Edit: doh! it looks like there already is this?!?!?

- xbmcvis - 2010-08-11

Couchpotato is just great!

Im using ubuntu 10.04 but it didnt start-up on boot;

In the log it said
Code:
Failed to open http://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotato/tarball/master.

So the scripts runs before a dhcp ip is received. Now i've made
an ugly solution (sleep 15 in the /etc/init.d/couchpotato) and it works.
http://pastebin.com/LQM36q41

But is there an easier/less ugly solution for this?

- RuudBurger - 2010-08-11

That's only for the updater. CP keeps running right?

- xbmcvis - 2010-08-12

No it crashes.

Im using wlan so might be a bit slow(er) getting dhcp settings...

Anyways it works with a little wait but I was just wondering if there was another solution Smile

Nice work btw RuudBurger