Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- oro2 - 2011-01-30

darkscout Wrote:Have you installed libsqlite3-0?

ldd /usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pysqlite2/_sqlite.so

What files are you missing?
libsqlite3-0 is installed, and it looks like all the lib files are there too..

- owen-b - 2011-01-31

CrashnBrn Wrote:I keep getting this error in my Log File:

13:33:47 ERROR [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Download folder and movie destination shouldn't be the same. Change it in Settings >> Renaming.

Here is the download folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\Server\My Documents\downloads\complete

And here is where I want it moved after:

C:\Documents and Settings\Server\My Documents\downloads\complete\Ready to Move

I don't know why it's saying they are the same. Any ideas?
My first guess would be because one is directly inside the other? Smile

Why is your destination folder called 'Ready to Move'? The destination folder is the one that the movie will reside in once the renaming and moving has been done. Basically, it should be your Movies folder, wherever that is.

- CrashnBrn - 2011-01-31

owen-b Wrote:My first guess would be because one is directly inside the other? Smile

Why is your destination folder called 'Ready to Move'? The destination folder is the one that the movie will reside in once the renaming and moving has been done. Basically, it should be your Movies folder, wherever that is.

The reason for that is that final destination is read-only until I mass transfers movies. I don't want me roommates deleting anything and having the ability to read/write to that folder all the time would cause a lot of problems.

This way, once I have amassed a large number of movies I can transfer them all at once and set it back to read only.

I'll try changing it to another location and see if that resolves it.

- alshain - 2011-01-31

DejaVu: Thanks Smile

Please discuss sqlite somewhere else, thanks.

To everybody: debug logging is enabled by putting an empty debug.conf file in CP's installation directory. NOT with the -d flag

owen-b Wrote:Despite messages to the contrary, it didn't move anything. It did create a BTTF folder, but it's still empty.

The account I'm running on my iMac is my account, which is the admin account. The CP directory is in the /Applications folder so not in a User folder. Not sure if that means anything!
Are you running from source or that application version thingy?

owen-b Wrote:So from this it seems like it's reading the first entry in the list, creating the folder for it in the destination, then stopping. It's also not renaming anything.
Are you saying, that CP creates a folder for the first movie in the "list" (what list?) and then does not seem to continue with processing?

tiwas Wrote:As CP only downloaded one movie, out of three, correctly (the other two were movies I wouldn't even watch if I was stuck on an island, and my buddy, the coconut, said it was ok) I would like to see a function were CP didn't download, but instead presented a list of possible matches so we could accept one or reject them all...
The primary idea behing CP is, that you interact with it as little as possible. It may take some time to get accustomed to this, it sure did for me. You can have CP readd a movie, but you need to do that while it is still considered "snatched" not downloaded.

tiwas Wrote:I second that. If we're allowed to choose one of the matches ourselves, the quality would be more of a guideline and you might want to view the R5 if you know it's of good quality Smile

Now...does the makers of this promising software actually read this? Wink

Yes, but not everybody has as much time as he/she'd like.

- alshain - 2011-01-31

tiwas Wrote:I'll donate $50 for that functionality - $10 to have it implemented and the other $40 when I see it's working Smile
Ruud and Therms don't have much time at the moment, I mayself not either. The time I do have, I spend on the next version of CP, it is very little at the moment, but it's something. Unfortunately for you, you cannot see this progress yet.

cable_guy Wrote:hi all, I have a custom quality setting "DVD Rip or higher" and CP seems to have noticed there's a DVDrip of some of my films, (its turned green where it says DVD rip) but it hasn't downloaded it, any idea why please?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Your priorities are reversed. You probably didn't enter your connection details for SAB correctly.

CrashnBrn Wrote:I keep getting this error in my Log File:

13:33:47 ERROR [ app.lib.cron.renamer] Download folder and movie destination shouldn't be the same. Change it in Settings >> Renaming.

Here is the download folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\Server\My Documents\downloads\complete

And here is where I want it moved after:

C:\Documents and Settings\Server\My Documents\downloads\complete\Ready to Move

I don't know why it's saying they are the same. Any ideas?
You're asking for infinite recursion here, just don't do it.

- owen-b - 2011-01-31

Alshain - yes im using the Mac 'application'. I couldn't find any instructions for installing it a different way on the Mac. I'm no Terminal Warrior but I managed to install SickBeard with explicit instructions so if there is a better way of installing and running CP (that doesnt require having Terminal open all the time) can you point me to good instructions? Smile

So yes, what's happening is this:

I have a SAB downloads folder, and I have the folder XBMC finds movies in, called Movies. CP sends a movie to SAB, which downloads it to the SAB downloads folder. There are currently half a dozen movies in there that I've grabbed via CP. The movies all reside in folders, using the naming that SAB found them with.

The list im referring to is the list of movies inside that SAB folder as they appear in the folder, alphabetically. The only way I can make the renaming and moving process kick in is by restarting CP. it looks in that SAB folder, finds the first movie in the folder according to the alphabetic view, creates a correctly re-named folder for it in the Movies folder, and that's where the process stops. It doesn't move the movie, it doesnt rename anything, and it doesn't proceed on to the next film in the SAB folder.

So I changed the name of a movie in the SAB folder so that it wouldnt appear at the top of an alphabetic view and restarted CP and this time CP created a destination folder for the movie that now appeared at the top of the SAB folder, and stopped there.

- owen-b - 2011-01-31

I undersand that the goal is to create a system that requires as little input as possible, but I'd argue that the current restrictions can lead to doing more babysitting, not less.

Not allowing users to choose from a list of potential NZBs can lead to frustration if it downloads a version you don't want, or a version that's far too big a file size when lesser versions exist. I appreciate the idea is you set it and leave it and that works for TV recorder systems where the only quality available is the quality of your TV or cable signal, but on the net there are many different qualities available and having less control over what's going on often results in having to check up on things and realise you've wasted time downloading something you don't really want, and having to go back and find a different version.

If nothing else i think the ability to change the requested quality for a movie that isn't finding anything without having to cancel and re-request would be really handy.

But I also realise its hard to add new features so I'll understand if this doesn't happen! Wink

- EMK0 - 2011-01-31

owen-b Wrote:I undersand that the goal is to create a system that requires as little input as possible, but I'd argue that the current restrictions can lead to doing more babysitting, not less.

Not allowing users to choose from a list of potential NZBs can lead to frustration if it downloads a version you don't want, or a version that's far too big a file size when lesser versions exist. I appreciate the idea is you set it and leave it and that works for TV recorder systems where the only quality available is the quality of your TV or cable signal, but on the net there are many different qualities available and having less control over what's going on often results in having to check up on things and realise you've wasted time downloading something you don't really want, and having to go back and find a different version.

If nothing else i think the ability to change the requested quality for a movie that isn't finding anything without having to cancel and re-request would be really handy.

But I also realise its hard to add new features so I'll understand if this doesn't happen! Wink

Yea i agree it should let you choose the quality your looking for and it will show you a list of nzbs with that quality when it comes out so you can choose which one you want.

- alshain - 2011-01-31

I understand the need for this feature, it's just that it probably won't come for this version, we'll just try to support it with the current feature set, and the renaming seems to be a big problem.

I suggest you come to the IRC channel so we can try running it from source - if that solves your problem, we'll have can look at what's been changed and possibly figure out the source of the error.

irc.freenode.net
Channel: #couchpotato

- smiffy1989 - 2011-01-31

Thanks for the app, it works great!

I can't seem to get renaming working correctly though. I'm running R27 on Windows 7. The renaming works hit and miss. It doesn't seem to rename/move .mkv at all though. If I do a force check and check the log I get no mention of the renamer being called at all. Is renaming/moving buggy atm?

Thanks,

Luke.

EDIT: My problem seems to be the same as owen-b's :/

Also for some reason CP has now added almost every movie in my collection to its "Downloaded" list. Is there a way I can remove all of them at once? I don't fancy clicking the red-cross and scrolling back down the page 432 times!

- silvine - 2011-01-31

Any idea if Newzbin support is going to be implemented?

- alshain - 2011-01-31

smiffy1989 Wrote:Thanks for the app, it works great!

I can't seem to get renaming working correctly though. I'm running R27 on Windows 7. The renaming works hit and miss. It doesn't seem to rename/move .mkv at all though. If I do a force check and check the log I get no mention of the renamer being called at all. Is renaming/moving buggy atm?

Thanks,

Luke.

EDIT: My problem seems to be the same as owen-b's :/

Also for some reason CP has now added almost every movie in my collection to its "Downloaded" list. Is there a way I can remove all of them at once? I don't fancy clicking the red-cross and scrolling back down the page 432 times!
Hmm.. I don't know why it would do that... one reason might be that you set the wrong folders in the renaming section? Another that you searched for all trailers and subtitles?

You could try to delete the database and see if that helps... Or else, there are tools to run queries on SQLite databases, that way, you could easily remove them from the history.

Yes, your error is common. I would suggest to try running from source, then see if that helps. If you need assistance, come to the couchpotato irc channel on freenode: irc.freenode.net #couchpotato

@silvine:
I will try to fix bugs, but I don't have time to add any new features at the moment.

- silvine - 2011-02-01

No problem. I appreciate the work and I really like the app.

Also I installed the app through git and I want to update it. The wiki said to delete the .git folder to do this. Where is this folder? I don't really understand terminal very well and terminal keeps telling me it can't overwrite an existing folder.

Thanks.

(I'm running it on my Mac)

- cable_guy - 2011-02-01

alshain Wrote:Your priorities are reversed. You probably didn't enter your connection details for SAB correctly.

hi thanks for that, I swapped them all round and restarted couchpotato and it's still not grabbing the ones where DVD-Rips are available? Any ideas? connections are fine, it downloads stuff sometimes.

- alshain - 2011-02-01

silvine: Files/Directories that start with a dot are hidden.

Go into the directory where you installed CouchPotato and run: "rm .git -r"

cable_guy: My crystall ball is sort of clouded right now.... I suggest you take a look into the log Wink Else, you can join said IRC channel.