Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] SABnzbd+ (Programs) Plugin - Manage SABnzbd and search for files from XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] SABnzbd+ (Programs) Plugin - Manage SABnzbd and search for files from XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=76182)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Newzbin - WooDooUK - 2010-12-20

kricker Wrote:I will need someone that has newzbin premium access to test newzbin for me. I have an account but no premium credit, so I can't tell if my fixes work or not.

No Luck unfortunately, it flashes up with a dialogue box then vanishes. Cant catch what it says.

- kricker - 2010-12-20

Well, I haven't released the new version yet.

- karatekickz - 2010-12-21

Kricker, First I wanted to say thanks so much for the great work. I feel if you could implement rar streaming it would take XBMC to another level.

Awhile back, I also was looking into rar based streaming and ran into some roadblocks, details of which are foggy. Have you been able to look into or make any progress in that area?

- kricker - 2010-12-21

That was something Maruchan was looking into. I'm pretty much python illiterate, so that is way above my head. Until Maruchan has some free time to help out again don't expect that any time soon.

- Jarek - 2010-12-24

Hey folks,

i've set up a new windows on my system. So i had to reinstall XBMC with all my favorite addons. The sabnzbd-addon is one of them! Great work!

But now I've got a problem since this reinstall.

Problem solved! Just had to restart sabnzbd! Thanks anyway!

- karatekickz - 2010-12-26

Kricker, just fyi Newzbin has given 7 free days of premium credit to all users for xmas. It would be great if you could get it working. I would like to help you in any way possible. Thanks for the great work.

- kricker - 2010-12-27

Thanks for the heads up. I'll take a peek then. I'm heading out of town Wednesday morning. Hopefully I can get it done before I leave.

- kricker - 2010-12-27

Newzbin fixed confirmed! New release will be coming soon.

Changes:
  • Newzbin working (thanks to some legwork by liquidmm)
  • NZBMatrix searches (thanks to paco)
  • NZBs.org music search
  • NZBindex.nl has been improvements (thanks to marv_el. I added the settings to hide crossposts, hide spam, sort by age and show 50 results. I put no restrictions on age, or size as there is no telling what someone may be looking for).
I am still working on SABnzbd+ history view as well as placing customs in a separate file so they will not overwritten when updating the addon. These will have to come in another update later on.

- grantd - 2010-12-30

Newznab Wrote:newznab is an open source indexer with a fairly good api for search - details are in our spec http://code.google.com/p/newznab/source/browse/trunk/misc/api/newznab_api_specification.txt
there are several newznab sites up and running, probably the most comprehensive is nzb.su

I'd like to add my support for this one as well. I really like that you don't need to buy an account like you do on some of the others.

Also, I'm curious about the imdb / tvdb support. When I browse the folders that are there I don't see any of it despite having the setting ticked in the config. Is there a button to bring it up that I haven't stumbled on?

My ideal implementation of this would be just like the library mode with the media info sort on. That way it would scrape the poster, movie description, and also the file characteristics, codecs, size etc. as often times there is more than one version of the file available. I'm not sure what the bandwidth limitations are with this kind of setup up but it'd be nice to have integration similar to what netflix does with their integrated devices.

There are other tweaks here and there I'd be interested in, but thats the big stuff. For all I know it already does it and I just haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks for your work so far, it's off to a great start.

Grant

- kricker - 2010-12-31

I haven't quite figured out how Newznab works quite yet. As for IMDB/TheTVdb support if you read thru the thread you'll see it's a known issue. It works for some but not for others. It hasn't been resolved why as of yet. How the views work from what I was told by Marchuan is limited to it being a program addon and not a video addon. I don't know how one would scrape the codecs without having the actual file.

- ismell - 2011-01-24

maruchan Wrote:I got the basics working under OSX, but Windows 7 did not like me messing around with files that were being written to. I got frustrated and put the project on the back-burner. If anyone is interested in helping me implement such a feature, that would be great. I know LtChambers created an NZB streaming add-on awhile back, but it used features of XBMC that have since been removed (MPlayer has been replaced by DVDPlayer.)

maruchan, I would more then love to take what you have done and continue it! Anyway I can get the source from you ? I think the concept works, I can extract a file with WinRAR, pause it and play it with VLC. Haven't tested with xbmc but it should be doable. If you could send me a link to what you have done that would be awesome Smile

Thanks,
Raul

- maruchan - 2011-01-24

Hey, good to hear! You can grab the source here:

http://min.us/mvbvBF0

This isn't integrated into the SAB addon, just a standalone proof-of-concept. You can run it by typing 'python default.py [directory]', where [directory] is where the files you want to stream are currently being downloaded to. I basically just hacked up rarfile.py to look for any RAR files to begin appearing in that directory, then try to extract the contents; if it finds that it needs a new RAR file, it waits for awhile and then checks again. If it finds the next RAR, it continues extracting/writing the data to the file.

Perhaps closing the file during this waiting period and then having XBMC start the playback in the meantime would work. When it finds a new RAR, it can re-open the file and append more data while XBMC still plays it? I'm not sure about the technicalities of everything, but it would be fantastic if we could somehow get it working. Smile

- generikb - 2011-01-29

Guys, this is a wonderful addon for a wonderful media center...thanks so much for your hard work!

I'm having a bit of an issue here though that I'm not sure how to fix. Here's my setup...

XBMC and SABNZBD addon are installed on an AppleTV 1st gen (linux install). The IP address for that is 192.168.1.5

SABNZBD itself is installed on a windows 7 PC. The IP address for that is 192.168.1.16

I know that the SABNZBD installed on my PC is working great, because I have it nicely configured with SickBeard, Couchpotato, etc and everything works.

When I go to configure the *addon* in XBMC, I put the standard info in there...IP address (I put 192.168.1.16), username, password, api key etc etc. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

I'm able to fire up the addon and I can see the list of movies or tv shows, I can even search for specific ones and it shows me the search results. Everything there is great.

However, when I actually go to download one, I get this error:

Quote:Failed Adding (whatever the movie is) Please check the settings of this scrips and sabnzbd

I'm guessing that either haven't put the proper IP address in, or maybe SABNZBD on my PC needs to be configured to handle requests from other computers? Right now in SABNZBD the hostname is configured at 127.0.0.1

I feel I'm close, much thanks for your help!

- kricker - 2011-01-29

This error is most likely due to an improper username or password or hashkey. You should triple check those in the addon setup.

- generikb - 2011-01-29

I figured it out, i had to set the host in SABNZBD itself to 192.168.1.16, not 127.0.0.1 or localhost or anything like that.

Woot! very please it's working!