Kodi Community Forum
[UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request (/showthread.php?tid=76839)

- phil65 - 2010-08-31

Feanor Wrote:It's the default thumb for all the shows, the weird thing is that all other views show them with no problem.
What information should I supply for the ticket?

thanks!

Again my question, do your tv shows have a poster.jpg?

- Batemann - 2010-08-31

Hi Guys,

Found a problem in the landscape multiiplex for episodes. All the episodes have a watched overlay, even the unwatched ones.

- phil65 - 2010-08-31

Another thing:
I used my installer now on a different machine and it crashes right at the beginning when the splash screen is shown. I suspect that it is perhaps because I packed everything inside textures.xbt so all textures are loaded into gpu memory I think. my graphics card here is pretty low-end so perhaps limited gpu memory is responsible for that ?? does it work for you guys?

- phil65 - 2010-08-31

Batemann Wrote:Hi Guys,

Found a problem in the landscape multiiplex for episodes. All the episodes have a watched overlay, even the unwatched ones.

yes, we know already. will be fixed.

- chippie - 2010-08-31

Hey Philipp, really good to have you back!
Is there an easy way to remove submenu items, for example under Movies, I would like to remove Titles, Countires.... (talking about Countries, where does that info come from? I use .nzb's but never used <Country> before if it exists)
I remember either in previous versions or a different branch of AEON you could select these and hide them...perhaps I am mistaken!

EDIT: Forget the question on where <country> managed to find where it should be.

- boykster - 2010-08-31

chippie Wrote:Hey Philipp, really good to have you back!
Is there an easy way to remove submenu items, for example under Movies, I would like to remove Titles, Countires.... (talking about Countries, where does that info come from? I use .nzb's but never used <Country> before if it exists)
I remember either in previous versions or a different branch of AEON you could select these and hide them...perhaps I am mistaken!

EDIT: Forget the question on where <country> managed to find where it should be.

you can edit the guisettings.xml file manually and disable the sub-menu items

sub_tv_* - TV items
sub_movies_* - Movie items

etc

One 'bug' I've noticed is that this removes the items, but it leaves empty placeholders for the items in the submenu....

Works with Dharma Beta? - woopdeedoo - 2010-08-31

Hi guys,

how can i use this with the Dharma Beta?

I've been using Aeon for ages, but cant get it to work now, any help would be appreciated.

- chippie - 2010-08-31

boykster Wrote:you can edit the guisettings.xml file manually and disable the sub-menu items

sub_tv_* - TV items
sub_movies_* - Movie items

etc

One 'bug' I've noticed is that this removes the items, but it leaves empty placeholders for the items in the submenu....

Thanks, I was aware it could be done that way, guess I was just hoping it could be done via the GUI. Wonder if this could go in as a request, to edit the sub-menus. Would also like to move "Trailers" so it appears as a sub-menu of Movies, never really saw the point of having it as a seperate Menu item, guess others will disagree though.Big Grin

- chippie - 2010-08-31

woopdeedoo Wrote:Hi guys,

how can i use this with the Dharma Beta?

I've been using Aeon for ages, but cant get it to work now, any help would be appreciated.

Hi, best option is to follow the "Aeon 65 Downloads" instructions on the first page of this thread. Once you have the skin downloaded you must put it in the addons folder and name the skin folder "skin.aeon65" You should then be able to select the skin from within XBMC. This is providing you are using Windows or OSX, not sure if it is different for Linux.

- pixdamix - 2010-08-31

kraaa Wrote:gief http://www.dafont.com/gau-font-root.font

Not gonna happen, No unicode support, No licence informations.

- phil65 - 2010-08-31

chippie Wrote:Thanks, I was aware it could be done that way, guess I was just hoping it could be done via the GUI. Wonder if this could go in as a request, to edit the sub-menus. Would also like to move "Trailers" so it appears as a sub-menu of Movies, never really saw the point of having it as a seperate Menu item, guess others will disagree though.Big Grin

a section to disable submenu items will be added in the future, me myself is missing that feature Wink
nonetheless, it would be nice to if you add that as a feature request on our github repo to keep track of all the things which have to be done.

- phil65 - 2010-08-31

pixdamix Wrote:I was thinking the same thing, Perhaps Droid fonts would also be a better choice no ?

[1] http://code.google.com/webfonts/family?family=Droid+Sans#variants

Hmmm I really like the DejaVuExtraThin Font for the smaller labels... but we could also create two different fontsets, this skin deserves that Smile

One thing we definitely should do is to completely rework the strings.xml files and do all the Uppercase stuff with <label>[UPPERCASE] (or Uppercase fonts)

- phil65 - 2010-08-31

phil65 Wrote:Another thing:
I used my installer now on a different machine and it crashes right at the beginning when the splash screen is shown. I suspect that it is perhaps because I packed everything inside textures.xbt so all textures are loaded into gpu memory I think. my graphics card here is pretty low-end so perhaps limited gpu memory is responsible for that ?? does it work for you guys?

Was my fault, it didn´t work because i installed it over my old installation (with having two Aeon folders in the addons directory with the same xml in the end)
I have a feeling that it is slightly faster with textures.xbt (sitting in front of a low-end machine), but perhaps I´m wrong.. any opinions? (or perhaps even a fps comparison?)
Don´t want to test everything by myself, then I have more time to code Smile

- pixdamix - 2010-08-31

phil65 Wrote:Hmmm I really like the DejaVuExtraThin Font for the smaller labels... but we could also create two different fontsets, this skin deserves that Smile

One thing we definitely should do is to completely rework the strings.xml files and do all the Uppercase stuff with <label>[UPPERCASE] (or Uppercase fonts)

DejaVu ExtraThin is imho a little hard to read meters away from the HDTV. Things I liked with Aeon fonts was they were very legible (except microscopic fonts sizes in multiwall :/

I would like all the remaining bug cleaned up, in order to have a nice stable branch, then start to work on a unstable/cleaned up Aeon65.
This skin need a serious cleanup. Some things needs to be removed, simplified, moved to include files etc. This can't be done in a stable branch, things will break.

Phil can you send me your IM adress ?

- chippie - 2010-08-31

phil65 Wrote:a section to disable submenu items will be added in the future, me myself is missing that feature Wink
nonetheless, it would be nice to if you add that as a feature request on our github repo to keep track of all the things which have to be done.

Done #124

Thanks!