Kodi Community Forum
[UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request (/showthread.php?tid=76839)

- dsim - 2010-10-14

Another question...

all the xbmc skins are very good optimized for watching films, series... but for listening to music, there could be done something more.

1. "Low List": Artist view

is it possible to add below the artist name - how many albums are there for this artist inside - instead of when he is born and where.

there is also on the right side, where he is born, it is to much information that i personally for listening to music not need. but more technical. An argument is also, to the music i'm listening, the most artists and bands i know, when they are born btw, it could be as option "more info", and in the low list more technically information.

"Low List": Album view
Is it also possible to add more technical information to the right side (flac, mp3, bitrate..) instead of. if i have some albums which are in mp3@320 and some in flac.

2. I'm listening music in "Low List" - Mode. On the left side there is a album-cover.
Is it possible to take the "cdart" from the top, to the album-cover at the bottom, because there is no need the small cdart at the top of the screen. In this case i wouldn't need the visualization screen for the cdart, and i have not to switch between the low list and visualization mode when sitting in front of my tv.

in this case i have, when sitting in front of my tv:
1. cdart
2. list of songs
3. technicaly information
4. album and artist information
5. i do not need to switch to visualization-mode.

If i go away from my tv, i can switch to visualization mode!

is it to much work, to take the cdart from the top, to the bottom, to the albumcover? and add it is flac or mp3?

could somebody help me, in which files i have to do the changes? it would be also very nice to have it in version 2 of aeon, for music listeners, and avoid to duplicate album covers on screens.

cheers!

- dsim - 2010-10-14

accountabc Wrote:Hello guys,

I've been using aeon for a while now. yesterday i decided to download a new version, and I used this command to download the new font_rework version of aeon from git

I like it a lot, however I now have a line of text in all menus
What did I do wrong? How do I get rid of that line Huh
It happends with beta 2 aswell as beta 3

you should change the setting in the addon.xml
*debug=false

- accountabc - 2010-10-14

thanks dsim! Now everyting works as it should. yay Smile

- sergiocos - 2010-10-14

dsim Wrote:is it possible to add below the artist name - how many albums are there for this artist inside - instead of when he is born and where.
No.
same for codec at album level, xbmc can't tell if all of the files inside an album are mp3@320. Codecs are displayed for files. It's like requesting to show codecs for genre Action Smile some files might be avi, dvdrip, some might be mkv/hd.

Cdart for lowlist, spinning above the cdcover might be a nice idea, tho Smile

- Ara1 - 2010-10-14

One Question:

Is it planned to offer Aeon in the Official Skins (the ones you get from within XBMC)?
If not, why?

- sergiocos - 2010-10-14

Yes, WiP right now, probably in a week or two, as soon as v2 will be released.

- Ara1 - 2010-10-14

ah ok, thanks for the fast answer Smile
was just wondering that such an A++ Skin wasn't featured Wink

- dsim - 2010-10-14

sergiocos Wrote:No.
same for codec at album level, xbmc can't tell if all of the files inside an album are mp3@320. Codecs are displayed for files. It's like requesting to show codecs for genre Action Smile some files might be avi, dvdrip, some might be mkv/hd.

Cdart for lowlist, spinning above the cdcover might be a nice idea, tho Smile

i see, but ok, you're right if different files are inside, its logical, but if i only have flac files...my movies for example are also inside, and xbmc knows, there is h.264, format knows also, and which audio format and from. i thought maybe another alogarythm for music files.

hmmm... i have only - "no album information when born" now for most albums. pink floyd, dire straits and other "west-artists" the scrappers recognizes, but all "east-artists" from greece, croatia, russia, serbia... i have no information, and doesn't look nice.

in the low list dominates the artist information the look. if scrapper doesn't find informations, the only information i have is album cover (from me, because the scrappers wouldn't find the albums from croatia or serbia i have) and artist name, all other fields are empty btw. the "no information sentences" are shown.

if i change the look of low list in music, the changes are also for movies low list. could it be separate low lists?

- sergiocos - 2010-10-14

dsim Wrote:i see, but ok, you're right if different files are inside, its logical, but if i only have flac files...my movies for example are also inside, and xbmc knows, there is h.264, format knows also, and which audio format and from. i thought maybe another alogarythm for music files.
No, xbmc reads individual files and identify the format used for every file, xbmc cannot assign a codec to a group of files. LE: however, i found this useless, the album page has to be more like a review (genre/year/review), not technical specs about my files (format/bitrate/channels)

dsim Wrote:hmmm... i have only - "no album information when born" now for most albums. pink floyd, dire straits and other "west-artists" the scrappers recognizes, but all "east-artists" from greece, croatia, russia, serbia... i have no information, and doesn't look nice.

in the low list dominates the artist information the look. if scrapper doesn't find informations, the only information i have is album cover (from me, because the scrappers wouldn't find the albums from croatia or serbia i have) and artist name, all other fields are empty btw. the "no information sentences" are shown.
export your music library to multiple files (nfo) and edit what you want, then reload. scrapers are to blame here (or the lack of informations for some music).

- dsim - 2010-10-14

@sergiocos, thank you i wil do that, as you desribed.

do you know if it is possible to show on homescreen, the fanart of the current playing artist?

- sergiocos - 2010-10-14

not yet, but phil65 promised to have it in v2 Smile

- phil65 - 2010-10-15

sergiocos Wrote:Yes, WiP right now, probably in a week or two, as soon as v2 will be released.

I didn´t talk to anyone from Team XBMC about adding Aeon65 to the repo so I don´t know when/if it will happen, but it should be a lot closer with Aeon65 v2.0. (was able to reduce skin size significantly, and we use fonts now which may be distributed)

- SophT - 2010-10-15

just out of curiosity, is the lack of updates because there's not currently any work going on, or just because you're not committing the changes (or committing to a non-public repository?)

If so, why?

I just like playing with the new changes Wink

Multiwall - paul - 2010-10-15

Hi not sure if this is a bug or if it has been reported allready, But i have an issue with fanart with multiwall, artist fanart works fine and at album level but not at track level.
I have fanart.jpg in bothe the artist folder and each album folder, i also have it set to fanart on the vertical menu and is enabled in settings and all i get is a black screen if i switch it off i get the default backdrop.
Am i missing something or is this broke at the moment as it's driving me nuts, any suggestions on how to make it work would be appreciated thanks....

- seijmo - 2010-10-15

seijmo Wrote:In v1 there was an option in showcase to view trailers by pressing up. Will this option available in V2?

Anyway thanks for your great work. V2 is a great improvement on a skin that I was thinking already on the top!

Actually I was able to launch a trailer by pressing up then enter on a movie that have the <trailer> node filled. But nothing is displayed on the screen to say if movie have a trailer or not. Is it possible to add it like in v1?