Kodi Community Forum
[UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request (/showthread.php?tid=76839)

- frellAn - 2010-10-17

None of those are skin related issues!

- MichaelTheGeek - 2010-10-17

This is the name that I have, temmi2000-aeon-75eeb26. Do I have to rename it? On mac.

- mindweaver - 2010-10-17

phil65 Wrote:I´m seriously thinkin about removin the old bars (time/rss) and just to stick with the new top bar. would this make some people run riot here?

I actually thought about this a few days ago and feared you would remove them. I like the visual dynamic style they add to the home menu.

Would be nice to be able to test an example with them removed and with the topbar added to decide Smile

I think the home menu bar is too thin without them. Feels more complete with them.

- phil65 - 2010-10-17

MichaelTheGeek Wrote:This is the name that I have, temmi2000-aeon-75eeb26. Do I have to rename it? On mac.

Very old skin version. Read the first post, you´ll find the link to pix´s repository then (and a guide how to download). The sin folder has to be named skin.aeon65 and must be in the addons/ folder

- dsim - 2010-10-18

dsim Wrote:this is what i mean, for music lovers btw. listeners.

i made a draft for that.

this is now only track view of a album.

in this case i should not switch between visualization and list view, i can stay at this view.

for album view and artist view could it be also similar.

cheers!

@phil65

is this "view" possible, can you do that?

thanks!

which file should i edit to get this view, as new view? maybe i can do that.

- Horscht - 2010-10-18

dsim Wrote:@phil65

thanks!

that view mockup looks great Big Grin

- phil65 - 2010-10-18

dsim Wrote:@phil65

thanks!

Yes, can do that, but I don´t know if it will already be ready for Aeon65 2.0

Cycling Thumbs - Feature Request - Tuckerdude - 2010-10-18

Hi Phil65....First I have to thank you so much for all your efforts in making my favorite skin work with the new XBMC. You have done a terrific job!

So on to my feature request. I had this working in my old version of the Aeon skin. It where you have the thumbs randomly cycling through each of the possible choices to create a mini-slide show effect. For myself, I generate 100 thumbnails for each movie that I add to my collection. So it's very unlikely that both slots will show the same thumbnail at the same time.

In your adaptation of the skin, there are several views with two or four thumbnails which would be fantastic to have them changing over time. I know it's probably late in the game, but it would be great if you could find some time to add this. If not this version, then maybe the nextHuh?

Thanks in advance for your consideration, and thanks again for all the great work!

- lapino - 2010-10-18

Suppose I have two sources for my movies, "Movies" and "Cartoons", and I want a separate "Cartoons" section on the homescreen, just showing the movies in that source. Is this possible? If so, how would I do this?

- sergiocos - 2010-10-18

1) create a smart playlist where rule is genre animation, name it CARTOONS add that playlist to Favorites, add that item from favorites to Main Menu
2) 1) create a smart playlist where rule is genre ALL EXCEPT animation, name it MOVIES, add that playlist to Favorites, add that item from favorites to Main Menu
3) remove classical MOVIES main menu item from the main menu

- lapino - 2010-10-18

Problem is, not all the movies I want in "Cartoons" (should essentially be called "Kids") have the correct genre. Sometimes it says "Drama" when it's just a kids movie (for example Narnia). So my only option then is to edit the genres for the movies? There's no way to display a certain 'source' only?

- phil65 - 2010-10-18

lapino Wrote:Problem is, not all the movies I want in "Cartoons" (should essentially be called "Kids") have the correct genre. Sometimes it says "Drama" when it's just a kids movie (for example Narnia). So my only option then is to edit the genres for the movies? There's no way to display a certain 'source' only?

no, not really possible. (only possibilty would be a path rule for the smart playlist, but I think that doesn´t exist)
only other possibility i can imagine is to use two profiles, then it would be possible.

- SophT - 2010-10-18

sergiocos Wrote:1) create a smart playlist where rule is genre animation, name it CARTOONS add that playlist to Favorites, add that item from favorites to Main Menu
2) 1) create a smart playlist where rule is genre ALL EXCEPT animation, name it MOVIES, add that playlist to Favorites, add that item from favorites to Main Menu
3) remove classical MOVIES main menu item from the main menu

The downside of this, is that you lose the 'xxx movies, xxx watched' Sad

I do the same thing with my wife's 'workout' videos.

- SophT - 2010-10-18

lapino Wrote:Problem is, not all the movies I want in "Cartoons" (should essentially be called "Kids") have the correct genre. Sometimes it says "Drama" when it's just a kids movie (for example Narnia). So my only option then is to edit the genres for the movies? There's no way to display a certain 'source' only?

XBMC supports multiple genres. You're going to need to manually edit the genres - I recommend using nfo files for the kids' movies - then with something like ember you can even create your own custom genre - and add it to the list of genres for that movie.

so you could have:

Aladdin
Animation
Drama
Romance
Comedy
CustomGenreName

then your smart playlist would be

All where Genre is CustomGenreName (for the kids movies)
and
All where Genre isnot CustomGenreName (for non-kids movies)

although using multiple genres, you'll may need 'contains' instead of 'is' - or just use a single genre.

- pred - 2010-10-18

in my music library my music covers (which are saved in album folder as folder.jpg) are not show in this skin.
when i switch off library mode, the covers are displayed. it worked with the skin Transparency.