Kodi Community Forum
[UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request (/showthread.php?tid=76839)

- TheSwede1970 - 2010-07-28

I have downloaded from GIT as instructed and renamed and moved to addon directory, but i can't see the skin anywhere in XBMC. How do i enable something that doesn't show up?

Can you please make an addon that can be updated within XBMC as Alaska and Alaska Revisited?

- pixdamix - 2010-07-28

Quote:How do i enable something that doesn't show up?
By restarting XBMC ?
Quote:Can you please make an addon that can be updated within XBMC as Alaska and Alaska Revisited?
Can you please post a feature request on github ? Smile Seriously, I might do that in the future, but there's still a lot of issues opened, and I would like to clean some things up before doing that (This skin is nearly 300Mo so updating the archive everyday might upset some people Smile )

- Talle - 2010-07-28

pixdamix Wrote:It should works (In fact it works for me and for others I presume since I don't have bugreports on this).

Do you have the subtitle addon installed ?
- XBMC Version / SVN Rev (eg :r3XXXX)
- Aeon65 Skin revision (eg: fa2252ca150e046ef319..... )
- Last resorts: the xbmc.log when you press the subtitle button

I installed the addon from the add-on list, I use the build from xbmc.org and the svn from 27th of July. I also update my Aeon65 from GIT. all made the 27th.

I´ve added the fix addons from another thread [Mod] Aeon65 - ADD-ONS 100% functional.

I do not seem to find the configuration for the subtitles addon nor do I get it to work if I don´t go in manually to edit the file 720p/videoOSD.xml to enable another path to the script than it did before (addons instead of script folder.)

I might do something wrong. I do appriciate any help!

Sincerly

//Talle

- TheSwede1970 - 2010-07-29

pixdamix Wrote:By restarting XBMC ?

Can you please post a feature request on github ? Smile Seriously, I might do that in the future, but there's still a lot of issues opened, and I would like to clean some things up before doing that (This skin is nearly 300Mo so updating the archive everyday might upset some people Smile )

I have restarted XBMC, several times even. Still no Aeon skin showin up in Appearance. Tried putting the skin both in userfolder/addons and in normal addons still no go.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

This is a clean install with only Alaska as another custom skin installed.

- pixdamix - 2010-07-29

Talle Wrote:I´ve added the fix addons from another thread [Mod] Aeon65 - ADD-ONS 100% functional.
Don't be surprised it does't work... This Aeon65 mod already include the modification from this mod and a LOT of fixes. By installing this "fix" you just overwritten all the modification that have been done since, Mindweaver and I, started working on Aeon65. Just install this mod, follow the Wiki/README on github and everythings should be fine.

TheSwede1970 Wrote:Is there anything else I should be doing?
Are you sure you downloaded Aeon65 from here: http://github.com/pix/aeon ? Are you sure you're running an SVN nightly build (See the first post) ?

- StefanM - 2010-07-29

TheSwede1970 Wrote:I have restarted XBMC, several times even. Still no Aeon skin showin up in Appearance. Tried putting the skin both in userfolder/addons and in normal addons still no go.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

This is a clean install with only Alaska as another custom skin installed.

Remember! You have to go Appearance -> press select on confluence skin. Now a new box will pop up, giving you the chance to select Aeon!

It is not as before, were you could see a 1 out of 4 skins on the front Appearance site. Hope you understand what i mean

- TheSwede1970 - 2010-07-29

Yes I followed tge instructions to the dot, and now i found why it didn't work.
TortoiseGIT creates yet another folder inside the one you are downloading too and names it aeon, which i didn't take notice of since the instructions doesn't mention it. So by moving files into skin.aeon instead it now works.

One thing though... what is it with the delay going into your libraries? Sometimes a 10 second wait. Even worse when exiting out of for example movies, sometime up to 20 seconds of black screen.

Don't have this on any other skin.

- pixdamix - 2010-07-29

TheSwede1970 Wrote:One thing though... what is it with the delay going into your libraries? Sometimes a 10 second wait. Even worse when exiting out of for example movies, sometime up to 20 seconds of black screen.
We know, there's some ways to improve this but keep in mind that Aeon65 is a very heavy skin. For example You may feel improvements by enabling dds compression as this is reported to help.

I'm looking into repacking some needlessly huge textures in Aeon (Some png are near 3Mo, I don't know if it's justified) if someone wants to try this (Identifying texture that may be too larges and repackage them, maybe compressing the default backdrops, I would appreciates feedback.

- Talle - 2010-07-29

pixdamix Wrote:Don't be surprised it does't work... This Aeon65 mod already include the modification from this mod and a LOT of fixes. By installing this "fix" you just overwritten all the modification that have been done since, Mindweaver and I, started working on Aeon65. Just install this mod, follow the Wiki/README on github and everythings should be fine.

Are you sure you downloaded Aeon65 from here: http://github.com/pix/aeon ? Are you sure you're running an SVN nightly build (See the first post) ?

Hi

I´ve re downloaded the skin, updated it again after your update instructions. Then installed it in a fresh xbmc build from 29/7..

Now I have to be really stupid, I do not even get the addons menu under settings, I do use Swedish as language is this an issue?
With the other mod that I mentioned above I did at least get the menu but now it is not there anymore...

The only wiki I found that you said I should read is the one about how to download and update through git...

Please point me in a direction here...

Sincerly

//Talle

- pixdamix - 2010-07-29

Talle Wrote:Hi
Now I have to be really stupid, I do not even get the addons menu under settings, I do use Swedish as language is this an issue?
With the other mod that I mentioned above I did at least get the menu but now it is not there anymore...
You have to activate the menu in the Aeon mainmenu customization, The addon menu may be desactivated by default.

The only wiki I found that you said I should read is the one about how to download and update through git...
If you want, you can create a FAQ section on the wiki as it surely would help others users.

- Talle - 2010-07-30

pixdamix Wrote:If you want, you can create a FAQ section on the wiki as it surely would help others users.

I might do that!!!

Now I got it to work, fresh install all over, don´t ask why it suddenly works...

Another 2 questions:

1. Where do I put the moviegenre.jpg thumbs to display as thumbs in "showcase" layout in movies?

2. Where do I put the moviegenre-fanart to acieve the same....?

Thank you!

- mindweaver - 2010-07-30

I´ve re downloaded the skin, updated it again after your update instructions. Then installed it in a fresh xbmc build from 29/7..

Please point me in a direction here...

Sincerly

//Talle

Addons can be reached by the shutdown menu aswell. just press S

- pixdamix - 2010-07-30

Talle Wrote:I might do that!!!
1. Where do I put the moviegenre.jpg thumbs to display as thumbs in "showcase" layout in movies?
2. Where do I put the moviegenre-fanart to acieve the same....?

Update your skin as I just pushed a fix, and put them into extra/movie/{genre,genrefanart}

Faq - Talle - 2010-07-30

Thank you Pixdamix!!!

I´ve created a little FAQ in the wiki at Github as a little contribution and token of my gratitude! Smile

Aeon65 - FAQ

Sincerly

//Talle

- pixdamix - 2010-07-30

Talle Wrote:I´ve created a little FAQ in the wiki at Github as a little contribution and token of my gratitude! Smile
Thank you, your help is very appreciated. (I edited the FAQ a little to use textile markup instead of HTML)