Kodi Community Forum
[UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [UPDATED] Aeon65 v10.5 (Dharma) compatible - Help/Support/Bugs/Feature Request (/showthread.php?tid=76839)

- dsim - 2010-10-25

Alael Wrote:Ok, so you mean take XBMC\addons\skin.Aeon65\language\Portuguese (Brazil)\strings.xml and move it to XBMC\language\Portuguese (Brazil)\strings.xml, overwriting the file? It doens't seem right, they have different strings inside. Anyway, I tried it and it didn't work. Heck, I tried overwriting every strings.xml file I found inside XBMC and all I could get were some items missing from the main menu, but the default main menu items were STILL in English... Huh

no, not overwriting the files!

in aoen there is no portuguese language, correct?

not - XBMC\language\Portuguese (Brazil)\strings.xml
here XBMC\addons\language\Portuguese (Brazil)\strings.xml

- phil65 - 2010-10-25

dsim Wrote:no, not overwriting the files!

in aoen there is no portuguese language, correct?

not - XBMC\language\Portuguese (Brazil)\strings.xml
here XBMC\addons\language\Portuguese (Brazil)\strings.xml

you forgot \skin.aeon65\ now Smile

- Alael - 2010-10-25

Ergh... I'm even more confused now... Ok, let me explain step by step what I did:

1. Created a folder - aeon\language\Portuguese (Brazil)
2. Placed these files there - http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/trunk/language/Portuguese%20(Brazil))
3. Changed the Settings to use Portuguese (Brazil) as the language and Brazil as the region
4. There are mixed texts now, both in English and Portuguese, like this - http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/8701/72591479.jpg
5. Created another folder - aeon\addons\skin.aeon65\language\Portuguese (Brazil)
6. Copied strings.xml from the English directory into the last one I created and edited the file. It's isn't complete yet, but so far it looks like this - http://www.mediafire.com/?w59cw3sw75hr8il
7. No changes whatsoever... Everything remains the same as step 4.

- sergiocos - 2010-10-25

there are 2 translations used in a skin:
-xbmc language (located in folder: XBMC/language/your_xbmc_lang)
-skin language (located in folder XBMC/addons/skin.aeon65/language/your_skin_lang)

As long as you edit these 2 files, it should work Wink

- Alael - 2010-10-25

sergiocos Wrote:there are 2 translations used in a skin:
-xbmc language (located in folder: XBMC/language/your_xbmc_lang)
-skin language (located in folder XBMC/addons/skin.aeon65/language/your_skin_lang)

As long as you edit these 2 files, it should work Wink
That's exactly what I thought. The XBMC language string is responsible for the "core" text while the Aeon language string is responsible for any additional text.
I just tested Confluence and it works fine. However, both files already come pre-installed.

My question is: how does Aeon know which file to use for its language? Does it compare the folder names, trying to match the one XBMC uses? I'm asking that because what I think it's happening is that while I select Portuguese in XBMC settings, Aeon is maintaining its default English settings, thus mixing both languages as I've shown in the picture I posted previously.

- bigdog66 - 2010-10-25

Hello!!!!!

I am just getting into XBMC.....I have 2 Acer Revo 1600's getting delivered tomorrow......1 for me and 1 for one of my boss's who actually fronted the money so I would set his up for him

I got excited about getting XBMC and my excitement obviously spread to him...lol

He was leaning towards Google TV so I def want to WOW him
this def seems like a skin that can do it but I am mainly concerned about how this skin will run on the 1600's

I am hoping this skin won't bog them down but if you think so then can you recommend another...

Thanks!!!!

- seijmo - 2010-10-25

SophT Wrote:I believe that that already is an option - at least it works for showcase, but I don't think it's showcase specific. It's in the settings (Sorry I can't remember where) but it's 'scrolling' I think. It will do what you're asking

*edit*

found it:

Viewtype Settings -> No WrapList

in the skin view itself, not system settings

I checked and the option is only available in showcase view, not multiwall, it will be great to also have it in this view.

- butchabay - 2010-10-25

phil65 Wrote:we´ll move to a git repository in the next days to start bugfixing.
will let you know then. you´re a bit familiar with git?

I have an account and done some requests on github, that's all for the moment.
So i am not really familiar with git, but i am ready to learn day by day ... Nod

Cheers

- sergiocos - 2010-10-25

bigdog66 Wrote:Hello!!!!!

I am just getting into XBMC.....I have 2 Acer Revo 1600's getting delivered tomorrow......1 for me and 1 for one of my boss's who actually fronted the money so I would set his up for him

I got excited about getting XBMC and my excitement obviously spread to him...lol

this def seems like a skin that can do it but I am mainly concerned about how this skin will run on the 1600's

I am hoping this skin won't bog them down but if you think so then can you recommend another...

Thanks!!!!

You may try Aeon65, but your CPU will fail to keep up... The only thing you might do is to use the .dds tweak.
This mean that everytime an image will be shown for the first time, it will be converted to .dds and next time will be decode through your GPU (video card).
Other than Aeon you may try the default skin, Confluence.

- MarcosQui - 2010-10-25

Alael Wrote:That's exactly what I thought. The XBMC language string is responsible for the "core" text while the Aeon language string is responsible for any additional text.
I just tested Confluence and it works fine. However, both files already come pre-installed.

My question is: how does Aeon know which file to use for its language? Does it compare the folder names, trying to match the one XBMC uses? I'm asking that because what I think it's happening is that while I select Portuguese in XBMC settings, Aeon is maintaining its default English settings, thus mixing both languages as I've shown in the picture I posted previously.

Alael, se você é brasileiro deveria dar uma passadinha no tópico da Aeon MQ 2 ou visitar o htforum, acredito que você será melhor entendido e melhor assessorado.
Quando eu fazia os Mods para a Aeon65 acredito que era a única versão em português (correta) disponível.

Abraço.

Music fanart in visualisation - duskdweller - 2010-10-25

How do I get music fanart in the visualisation (Tab)?
I can get the artist fanart but I'm after the correct directory structure to place the artist folders with fanart in like old Cdart mod.

thanks love the work

- sergiocos - 2010-10-25

fanart.jpg inside artist folder is the easiest way

[Sting]
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
-----> [Album1] (inside folder.jpg and cdart.png)
-----> [Album2] (inside folder.jpg and cdart.png)

- Mindzai - 2010-10-25

bigdog66 Wrote:Hello!!!!!

Thanks!!!!

Not sure of the difference in specs but I use a revo 3610 with 2GB RAM and it runs aeon65 OK. It runs aeonMQ a little faster (to my eyes), but aeon65 has more features at the moment. If you don't mind using the stock textures in place of per-item fanart it is super quick, but personally I prefer to use individual fanarts.

- sergiocos - 2010-10-25

revo 3610 has a dual-core CPU
Revo 1600 has a single core CPU

- bigdog66 - 2010-10-25

Thanks for the info!!!