Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - sialivi - 2012-12-30

Looks like using the "Refresh Database" option and chosing to delete the database leaves the script in an unusable state. When re-launching the script the menu is unresponsive and the only way to continue is to press esc to exit.

Here's the log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=24897

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-12-30

(2012-12-30, 15:50)rdonohoe Wrote:
(2012-12-30, 04:46)giftie Wrote: Help starts when a full debug log is posted. I can't do much with out one.

Sorry, here's one http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=24869

Please use the latest test version from the first page.

(2012-12-30, 11:19)dsiggi Wrote:
(2012-12-23, 20:19)giftie Wrote:
(2012-12-23, 14:12)dsiggi Wrote: Hi,
I have a problem with this script. I cannot start it.
Here some infos to my system:

Distribution: Gentoo Linux x86_64
XBMC-Version: media-tv/xbmc-11.0-r1
cdART Manager Version: 2.7.9

When I start the manager, I get the following message:
Code:
Error
Script-error!:script.cdartmanager

Here is the xbmc.log
Code:
13:13:27 T:140116857186048  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:13:27 T:140116857186048   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.DeprecationWarning'>
13:13:27 T:140116857186048   ERROR: Error Contents: You cannot use pysqlite2 while depending on version 2.0 of the xbmc.python api. Please use sqlite3 instead.
13:13:27 T:140116857186048   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/default.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                from pysqlite2 import dbapi2 as sqlite3
                                              File "/usr/share/xbmc/addons/script.module.pysqlite/lib/pysqlite2/__init__.py", line 36, in <module>
                                                raise DeprecationWarning("You cannot use pysqlite2 while depending on version " + str(xbmcapiversion) + " of the xbmc.python api. Please use sqlite3 instead.")
                                            DeprecationWarning: You cannot use pysqlite2 while depending on version 2.0 of the xbmc.python api. Please use sqlite3 instead.

I hope you can help me.

dsiggi

First off. Please post a full log to xbmclogs.com or pastebin

As I need it to see where the script is actually failing

Okay,
here is my full xbmc.log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=24836

dsiggi

I have a feeling that the Python version that is being used is below 2.5. This I'll have to look into further

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - rdonohoe - 2012-12-30

Quote:Please use the latest test version from the first page.

I installed the version from the first page and still not working. I attached the latest log
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=24930

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-12-30

(2012-12-30, 18:27)sialivi Wrote: Looks like using the "Refresh Database" option and chosing to delete the database leaves the script in an unusable state. When re-launching the script the menu is unresponsive and the only way to continue is to press esc to exit.

Please delete the database file and rebuild

Re: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - AndroiDad75 - 2012-12-30

I did install the one from the first page. I will try deleting the database and see what happens.

Where is the database located? I will look for it as well.

If it doesn't work, I'll get a log.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - MrMario64 - 2012-12-30

I just started using this script today. It has scanned my complete database once allready but it seemed to hang at the end.
It scanned 1100 albums, wich took almost 2 hours! then, I thought it was done, but no it started another longggg scan.

And then it hung.

I had to restart XBMC and I only have 5 albums scanned so I need to do the whole process again, so another 3 hours in total.

Question I have is, is this normal behavior? does it take this long always? and after so much work that has been done, shouldn't it at least have saved some info in the database?

I just would like to know if it is of any use to start the scan over again.

Thanks for your time!

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Dondi - 2012-12-30

Hey Giftie, et. al. I have a very large music library and have been scanning, rescanning, deleting the db, rescanning, etc. for the last 3 weeks and I am getting weary. XBMC sees my library as follows: ARTISTS = 7,822, ALBUMS: 4,536 and SONGS: 73,553. This is a very-well tagged library using Tag & Rename. I am new to XBMC and just recently replaced an old HTPC with a new Win 8 machine and decided to enter the XBMC world. My scans in cdART Manager take forever as you can imagine, and I am dizzy from reading forums, wikis, lifehacker, etc. So far, cdART Manager has grabbed 998 cdART files for my albums (I hand-made ~150 of these and manually placed them in my music library and also in my cdART backup directory as I couldn't get cdART Manager to grab them via the MBID it was showing for them - haven't quite been able to manually get cdART Manager to grab "stuff" via MBIDs within the add-on interface yet as I am unsure of the steps. I usually do something like REFRESH MBIDs or FIND MISSING ALBUM MBIDs and then go over to CHANGE ALBUM MBIDs and start navigating down the list, find an album, click on it, select the AUTO option and usually choose the one on the top of the list with 100% match and then I am lost after that. Sometimes the album gets removed from the "master" list and then sometimes nothing at all happens, maybe because there is a scan happening in the background for MBIDs simultaneously. Anyways, I have not been able to get any of my missing cdART from the balance of my albums, not sure what to do, but maybe my logs can give you some insight becuase I am probably making spaghetti out of my system(s) - I also have a Mac Pro 1,1 with same exact library and setup. Both systems have a RAID attached where I keep ALL media. I am trying to keep as much art, media, etc off the system drives and both have the same file & folder structure where the music library is the same location and each album folder has folder.jpg for the cover art, trying to get the cdART.pngs in there and the only other file I have is an album review.txt file from old AllMusic days when tagged using Tag & Rename, so each of my albums has an embedded review in comments field and an embedded cover art as well in each music file throught my entire library.

I have a master XBMC Media folder that contains a MUSIC folder, cdART Manager folder and an XBMC ART folder (this last one was created by ARTWORK ORGANIZER add-on which did not like it when I first tried to put cdART manager content within this folder; ARTWORK Manager kept wiping-out all the cdART Manager stuff).Again, identical on both machines, cdART Manager stuff is pathed like this: [localRAIDVolume]\XBMC Media\cdART Manager\ where I have 2 subfolder: cdART for the cdART png backups and the pngs are named ARTIST - ALBUM.png and the other folder is Music Library Art for the music artist library stuff; extrafanarts, logo.png, folder.jpg for Artist thumbs

Skin on both machines is Transparency! - XBMC has been barking lately about this skin where it was broken, then an update is available, but I get a script error when trying to update it. I temporarily switched over to Confluence and XBMC was still barking at me saying that Transparency dependencies weren't met. I have been able to switch back over to Transparency! and I still get the occasional dependencies not met dialog in XBMC

XBMC log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=24932

Sorry for the long post, I'm new, weary, spinning my wheels and looking for some input/help/assistance. Believe me, it is very much appreciated (I do not know anyone personally to discuss this stuff with, so any help/tips/suggestions are gold to me right now). Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - TRaSH - 2012-12-30

i get the same result at 99% it hangs,
looks like it hangs on the albums with various artist with a 404 error.
as usual i forgot to keep the log running.
if you need a log tell me and i will run the program during night time

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - rdonohoe - 2012-12-30

I think deleting the DB worked for me. Thank you.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-12-31

(2012-12-30, 22:32)TRaSH Wrote: i get the same result at 99% it hangs,

Definitely need a debug.log of when building the database...

Most of the problems that are being posted are on Windows machines so there might be something special going on there... Looks like I need to fire up the Windows PC with XBMC on it..

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - MrMario64 - 2012-12-31

I let it run through the night and this morning all was done.
I think it just takes a really long long time, in this case my impatience was the bug.

It all looks so much better with some nice disc art and logo's, thank you soo much for this!

Regards from the netherlands

ps. I am running on Mac and also had the 99% long long wait

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - gibxxi - 2012-12-31

(2012-12-31, 00:56)giftie Wrote:
(2012-12-30, 22:32)TRaSH Wrote: i get the same result at 99% it hangs,

Definitely need a debug.log of when building the database...

Most of the problems that are being posted are on Windows machines so there might be something special going on there... Looks like I need to fire up the Windows PC with XBMC on it..

I'd concur on that Giftie... Recently tried a fresh install of XBMC, with no existing DB, and a scraped Library (Windows 7), XBMC-RC2, ran cdART and it crashed XBMC first time, second time it started ok. It got as far as this line when started on the first run:

Code:
21:33:00 T:5700  NOTICE: [cdART Manager] - Addon Db not found, Must Be First Run

Second run it looks as if it's hung, still sat there now, but it's not hung on a "Various Artists" album for me, rather a custom album that won't be on MusicBrainz. The db looks like pretty much everything has been added though from the labels across the bottom of the screen.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - AndroiDad75 - 2013-01-01

(2012-12-30, 20:21)giftie Wrote:
(2012-12-30, 18:27)sialivi Wrote: Looks like using the "Refresh Database" option and chosing to delete the database leaves the script in an unusable state. When re-launching the script the menu is unresponsive and the only way to continue is to press esc to exit.

Please delete the database file and rebuild

giftie,

Thanks, that seems to have worked. It rebuilt the database, downloaded a bunch of stuff. Now it looks like I have some cleaning to do on my files to get everything recognized correctly for XBMC - baby steps right Big Grin

I do have one more question though. I have a picture of one that it did pull correctly for. Looks like I have clearart, fanart, etc... for it. The problem is, when I hover over the artists, all I see are music symbols, not the pictures of the artists. Any suggestions? There are artist pictures in the path that I told cdArt Manager to save to, but do they have to live in the parent folder of the artist inside my music library? I thought the path for cdArt didn't have to be the same place as the music library - if we didn't want to have all that stuff in with our music. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Adding that I am specifically talking about the art for the musical symbol as seen in the picture. I am not sure what artwork that is, whether it is delivered by this plugin, or whether it is the artwork from the specific folder where my music is located.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - rdonohoe - 2013-01-01

(2013-01-01, 02:36)rhmclay Wrote: Manager to save to, but do they have to live in the parent folder of the artist inside my music library? I thought the path for cdArt didn't have to be the same place as the music library - if we didn't want to have all that stuff in with our music. Any help would be appreciated.

This is something I've wondered about. I'd like to keep my music folder uncluttered, because I use it for other applications too. Is there a way to inform XBMC of the location of the artwork?

RE: Some notes... - solidsatras - 2013-01-02

@rdonohoe @rhmclay
(2010-07-12, 02:19)giftie Wrote: Settings:
Files & Folders

Path to music library

This path represents the path skins use to access the ClearLOGOs(logo.png), fanart, extrafanart, Artist Thumbnails and Music banners on an artist level. This path does not need to point directly to your music library if you don't want to clutter up your music with ClearLOGOs or extrafanart. You can set up an 'Artwork' path which both your skins and the script will point to.
It is all there, people just have to read.

I´m lazy sometimes too, but it is just disrespectful to all the people writing wiki´s and self explanatory instructions to ask questions all over again which answers could
be found in very short time. People should stop thinking they have original thoughts or new problems. It´s not just the xbmc forum, seems like every forum nowadays is
filled with people unwilling or maybe unable to put in a little effort on their own.

I would like to see a feature, where you have to answer three trivia questions from the first post in order to be able to post.
Or you simply can´t post without a link to a Debug Log.

@rdonohoe @rhmclay
Please, don´t take this personally. It is just a perfect example of whats bugging me for quite some time now.