Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Rendermore - 2013-03-28

Well, the script finally executed and now I have CD art and FanArt it worked a charm EXCEPT:

1. I have Singles in their own directory and the CDArt isn't finding them
2. Since I first loaded the CDArt script, The music menu has had no artwork and is a black screen.

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much for your assistance! It even impressed the missus to see the Hinder Extreme Behavior CD (With the lips) spinning... Very cool!!!

Rendermore

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - denz13 - 2013-03-28

(2013-03-27, 05:00)giftie Wrote:
(2013-03-26, 17:05)denz13 Wrote: Hi Giftie,
As per your request, I've uploaded my log file here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7178

FYI, below is my original post:
I've got CDArt Manager installed but it doesn't appear to be detecting that I've got a music library from what I can tell.

I added music as a source, set as default and scanned to library. CD album art appears on most albums, but fanart doesn't show as a backdrop when playing music/on the music menu even though it's configured to do so.

My music is stored here: D:\Music

In CDArt Manager I've specified C:\CDart for the artwork location (as it's on an SSD for quicker load times)

When I run CDart Manager and attempt to go to manually go - Artists Fanarts --> Automatic Download --> All Artists
Nothing happens...

Any ideas?

You will need to delete the l_cdart.db file in your /userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager folder. After you delete it, restart the add on and let it compete building of it's database.

Thanks Giftie, artwork is now being downloaded correctly, does the artwork get saved within each artist/album folder in the music directory? I think Aeon MQ4 looks at "\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\music" for music backdrops, can the artwork be moved here, or does anybody have any ideas on how to change the directory that Aeon MQ4 looks at?

Is it better, performance wise to have the artwork on a faster system drive, rather than a slower media drive, or shouldn't you notice any difference?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - eskro - 2013-03-28

just a quick yes or no please,
is this CD ART MANAGER addon supposed to work under Android?

thanks!!

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-03-28

(2013-03-28, 13:21)eskro Wrote: just a quick yes or no please,
is this CD ART MANAGER addon supposed to work under Android?

thanks!!

It runs on XBMC. As I said in the responce to your first message, I am only able to test on Linux and Windows systems, I don't have a Mac, ATV2, rpi, android box to test on. Sometimes there is an error in the compiling of XBMC that affects this script(ie script.module.pil does not always get complied at the same time)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Hetfiled - 2013-03-31

Hi all

after updating xbmc to frodo, I moved all my music on other pc on my network, cdart manager doesn't found any cd-art/logo ecc..

Moreover the language is Spanish.

Could you help me?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Hetfiled - 2013-04-01

Well, I deleted the .db file 2 times and changed the directory for cdart... and now it's works ...

The issue about the spanish language remain, I hope that you'll fix soon.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Slipass - 2013-04-01

Hello,
i have the newest nightly from xbmc (13 alpha 2) and installed the cdart manger but the program doesnt start.

Has anybody a solution?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-04-02

(2013-04-01, 10:57)Hetfiled Wrote: Well, I deleted the .db file 2 times and changed the directory for cdart... and now it's works ...

The issue about the spanish language remain, I hope that you'll fix soon.

What do you mean about the Spanish Language problem? please clarify.

(2013-04-01, 11:16)Slipass Wrote: Hello,
i have the newest nightly from xbmc (13 alpha 2) and installed the cdart manger but the program doesnt start.

Has anybody a solution?

Debug log is the first place to start. second is relax with the using of risky nightlies.. They add stuff that breaks scripts

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Hetfiled - 2013-04-02

(2013-04-02, 04:23)giftie Wrote:
(2013-04-01, 10:57)Hetfiled Wrote: The issue about the spanish language remain, I hope that you'll fix soon.

In xbmc setting I have italian language, but cdArt manager show spanish.

If there is not the possibility to have cdArt in italian... please set english as default language.

I hope that is clear now Smile

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - cw-kid - 2013-04-02

How do you use CDArt Manager to download more than one fanart.jpg for a music artist ?

I am trying to setup rotating music artist fanart on the XBMC Aeon MQ4 home page. But I only seem to get one fanart.jpg if I choose a different one via CDArt Manager it simply over writes the one that was there previously. I don't seem to have any \Extrafanart folders.

There are some instructions here but its confusing to say the least.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=135045&pid=1197245#pid1197245

My question: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=135045&pid=1385188#pid1385188

Thanks

EDIT: OK I figured out the Artwork Organizer and now have rotating random fanarts on the Music / Movies and TV Shows main menus. I had to enable the viewing of hidden folders in the XBMC settings to be able to browse to the Artwork Organizer add-on data folders etc.

Now I just need to work out how to get CDArt Manager to create these Extrafanart folders for artists ?

OK I manually for one artist created a sub folder called Extrafanart I then added two fanart images called fanart1.jpg and fanart2.jpg then in the Aeon MQ4 Art menu I enabled Extrafanart and specified the path to my main root music directory. Now when I play an album by this artist I can see the two fanart images rotating so it works!

However what I can't seem to figure out is how to get CDArt Manager to create these Extrafanart sub-folders for me?

Many thanks.

EDIT:

OK I think I see what is going on now, I was using Artist Fanarts -> Select Artist -> Album Artists and just choosing one artist to test with. This doesnt seem to create the extrafanart sub-folder.

However if I use Automatic Download -> Album Artists then it does create the extrafanart sub-folders and in each extrafanart folder it creates fanart files which are named liked this:

Artistname-4e54cbbe31806.jpg
Artistname-4e54cbc6a2647.jpg

I have a slight problem with some artists folder names.

In CDArt Manager the Artist ACDC is shown as AC/DC. It creates a folder called AC and then a sub-folder under that called DC and ignores my existing folder called ACDC. Obviously I cannot create a folder called AC/DC to match the name of the artist in CDArt Manager.

REM is another problem artist. In CDArt Manager they are shown as R.E.M.

After running a scan with CDArt Manager I always seem to end up with two folders for this artist.

R.E.M. and R.E.M

I have just deleted the R.E.M one in the hope that it will not return.

Thanks

EDIT: Later I could not access the R.E.M. folder, a message in Windows Explorer said it did not exist or something, I could still see the folder however. I could not delete it, I had to move it in to a new folder in order to then delete it. I then tried creating my own new folder called R.E.M. however Windows server just renames it all the time to R.E.M - no dot after the M

However when CDArt Manager scans it will create another R.E.M. folder and then I end up with two folders etc.

EDIT2: Changing the tags in the MP3 files from R.E.M. to just be R.E.M resolved the issues with that artist.

Here is another one Spandau Ballet, however CDArt Manager creates a folder called Spandau Ballett which is spelt wrong. So I end up with two folders etc.

Checking the album in Mp3TAG it seems under the Album Artist tag, is where it is spelt incorrectly. So presumably this is where CDArt Manager picked it up from. I have corrected the spelling.

Had a similar issue with A-ha. In CDArt Manager I had two listings for the same artist, one spelt A-ha and the other A-Ha. I also corrected this on all their albums in MP3Tag and made sure all tags were set to be A-ha.

Where do the extra fanarts get cached locally ?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=135045&pid=1385669#pid1385669

Hi

Where does Aeon MQ4 / XBMC cache music extrafanart images?

Reason I ask is I manually added some fanart images in to an artists extrafanart folder.

But one of the images I had downloaded had a big white border all around the image. I edited it in paint and remove the border.

However when playing this artist in XBMC the fanart with the white border on it, is being displayed and not the one I edited.

So it must have cached it locally some where?

Thanks

EDIT:

Looking at the DJ Claude Challe & Ravin in the extrafanart folder is a picture of the classical composer Johann Sebastian Bach, which is obviously incorrect.
I deleted the fanart image from the extrafanart folder, but the image of Bach is still being shown in XBMC, so again it is caching them somewhere locally ?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2013-04-03

(2013-04-02, 08:26)Hetfiled Wrote:
(2013-04-02, 04:23)giftie Wrote:
(2013-04-01, 10:57)Hetfiled Wrote: The issue about the spanish language remain, I hope that you'll fix soon.

In xbmc setting I have italian language, but cdArt manager show spanish.

If there is not the possibility to have cdArt in italian... please set english as default language.

I hope that is clear now Smile

If you delete the Italian folder in the following path 'addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\language\' the script will fall back to English. I must have copied the wrong language file over. This will be fixed in the next release.