Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-09-21

There has been a change on MusicBrainz, which messes up the retrieval of data. Working on a fix.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - MonkeyJug - 2012-09-21

(2012-09-21, 06:56)giftie Wrote: There has been a change on MusicBrainz, which messes up the retrieval of data. Working on a fix.

thanks for the clarification. spent hours yesterday trying different things thinking it was something my end!

just one thing giftie, do you have any idea why your addon is showing as broken in openelec 1.95.7? when i try to update it, i get a 'dependencies not met' error...

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-09-21

(2012-09-21, 09:12)MonkeyJug Wrote: just one thing giftie, do you have any idea why your addon is showing as broken in openelec 1.95.7? when i try to update it, i get a 'dependencies not met' error...
OpenElec is missing script.module.pil during its build process. Instead it has it installed on the system Python. You need to delete the line in addon.xml that has script.module.pil in it. I posted about this a few messages back

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - MonkeyJug - 2012-09-22

seems to be working fin now. i have the openelec issue fixed, but now i have a new issue.

when it is scanning for artwork, each time it freezes up at R.E.M. at 1% and i have to do a manual reboot of the machine. have you come across this before?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - redglory - 2012-09-22

Yupp, tried now to update my Fanart and is scrapping... Smile

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - MonkeyJug - 2012-09-23

giftie, i have some artists that don't have fanart stored on fanart.tv, and was wondering how to manually update the database, so they show when browsing the music library in xbmc.

eg. 'barry white' has no artwork stored, so i can manually download a 1920x1080p image from the net. i then drop this jpg into the "barry white" folder, and rename it to fanart.jpg. but it doesn't show up. do i need to do anything extra to get it to appear?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Martijn - 2012-09-23

(2012-09-23, 17:08)MonkeyJug Wrote: giftie, i have some artists that don't have fanart stored on fanart.tv, and was wondering how to manually update the database, so they show when browsing the music library in xbmc.

eg. 'barry white' has no artwork stored, so i can manually download a 1920x1080p image from the net. i then drop this jpg into the "barry white" folder, and rename it to fanart.jpg. but it doesn't show up. do i need to do anything extra to get it to appear?

WOuld be nice if you could upload them if they are of high enough quality Smile

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - MonkeyJug - 2012-09-23

(2012-09-23, 17:09)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-09-23, 17:08)MonkeyJug Wrote: giftie, i have some artists that don't have fanart stored on fanart.tv, and was wondering how to manually update the database, so they show when browsing the music library in xbmc.

WOuld be nice if you could upload them if they are of high enough quality Smile

i can do that - not a problem. Smile not sure if there is a copyright issue though, as i'm leeching them from http://www.htbackdrops.com.

just out of interest, how long does it take to get approved for download if i upload them, or is it instantly?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Hellnino18 - 2012-09-23

It's random. You need to wait the admin approval. Less than 1 day Wink

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - slandells - 2012-09-24

(2012-09-23, 17:09)Martijn Wrote: WOuld be nice if you could upload them if they are of high enough quality Smile

On that topic. I upload quite a bit now that I have discovered it, but there are some that simply don't stand up to scrutiny (and fair enough too), but I like to add them to my local database to avoid the blank screen.

I have found that I need to add the images using the XBMC interface from the image path on each and every machine, but anything in the cdART database somehow gets used automatically by default. Is there something wrong with the way I'm doing it? I would have assumed that XBMC would simply utilise any images it found locally (in the same path as the music files) before it tried to get the images online..?

Cheers,
Stuart.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-09-24

You need to update your music library for artwork to appear(I believe) or you can manually add them by using the 'Get Fanart' button on the music artist info page.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - slandells - 2012-09-24

Hrmm.. Done both of those and still not working. At least I know that there's nothing special and I just need to get it to work somehow.

Side note/Suggestion...
When matching MBID's, is there a way to somehow exclude "feat." and anything the follows from the search? Would make matching of artists from tracks a bit more efficient Smile

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-09-24

The only way is to disable the setting 'Add all artists to Database during build or update' This will stop the compilation artists from being added. Otherwise you'll have to wait until Frodo is released, as this should be taken care of once the MusicBrainz code is added.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Skank - 2012-09-24

Im not sure what im doing wrong
Using 2.7.4
I set path to music library as "c:\music\"
And when i go into cdarts manager
it says
Local albums: 1
Local artists: 1
Huh??

But i got lots of albums and artists in there...
set up like this
c:\music\artist 1\album\...
c:\music\artist 2\album X\...
etc....

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Skank - 2012-09-24

(2012-09-24, 10:48)Skank Wrote: Im not sure what im doing wrong
Using 2.7.4
I set path to music library as "c:\music\"
And when i go into cdarts manager
it says
Local albums: 1
Local artists: 1
Huh??

But i got lots of albums and artists in there...
set up like this
c:\music\artist 1\album\...
c:\music\artist 2\album X\...
etc....

Nobody an idea?