Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Picture Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=150)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=77612)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - jingai - 2014-09-18

There is a README included in the context menu of the addon. You can also read it here.

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - tgraf - 2015-03-25

Hi, I have recently installed Kodi on a Amazon Fire TV Stick, and I am trying to use the iPhoto add-on by accessing photos and the iPhoto library on a NAS drive. Everything appears to be working except the pictures are all blank. I can update the Library and things appear to work. When I run the add-on I am able to see the list of Events, Albums, etc. When I click on "Albums" and select "Last 12 Months" the media is loaded and the icons are shown on the bottom of the screen, but they are all black. When I click on any icon I get a blank screen. The library is referenced (not managed). Here is the settings.xml contents:

<settings>
<setting id="album_ignore_empty" value="true" />
<setting id="album_ignore_flagged" value="true" />
<setting id="album_ignore_published" value="true" />
<setting id="albumdata_xml_path" value="smb://192.168.1.136/WD_Red_3TB/graf/Photos/iPhoto Library/" />
<setting id="auto_update_lib" value="true" />
<setting id="confluence_view_albums" value="51" />
<setting id="confluence_view_default" value="2" />
<setting id="confluence_view_events" value="0" />
<setting id="confluence_view_faces" value="500" />
<setting id="confluence_view_keywords" value="51" />
<setting id="confluence_view_places" value="500" />
<setting id="confluence_view_ratings" value="" />
<setting id="default_sort_dir" value="0" />
<setting id="default_sort_method" value="2" />
<setting id="hidden_keywords" value="" />
<setting id="hide_import_lib" value="false" />
<setting id="hide_view_readme" value="false" />
<setting id="managed_lib_enable" value="true" />
<setting id="masters_path" value="" />
<setting id="masters_real_path" value="smb://192.168.1.136/WD_Red_3TB/graf/Photos/" />
<setting id="metropolis_view_albums" value="" />
<setting id="metropolis_view_default" value="0" />
<setting id="metropolis_view_events" value="" />
<setting id="metropolis_view_faces" value="" />
<setting id="metropolis_view_keywords" value="" />
<setting id="metropolis_view_places" value="" />
<setting id="metropolis_view_ratings" value="" />
<setting id="places_enable" value="true" />
<setting id="places_enable_maps" value="true" />
<setting id="places_labels" value="0" />
<setting id="places_show_fanart" value="true" />
</settings>

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - hidalgo67 - 2015-03-30

Hi,

any intension to support the all new Photos app from OS X 10.10.3?

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - jingai - 2015-03-30

(2015-03-25, 14:17)tgraf Wrote: Hi, I have recently installed Kodi on a Amazon Fire TV Stick, and I am trying to use the iPhoto add-on by accessing photos and the iPhoto library on a NAS drive. Everything appears to be working except the pictures are all blank. I can update the Library and things appear to work. When I run the add-on I am able to see the list of Events, Albums, etc. When I click on "Albums" and select "Last 12 Months" the media is loaded and the icons are shown on the bottom of the screen, but they are all black. When I click on any icon I get a blank screen. The library is referenced (not managed).

Please enable debugging in Kodi and try to reproduce the issue. Then post your log file somewhere I can have a look at it (pastebin.com or something).

(2015-03-30, 00:07)hidalgo67 Wrote: any intension to support the all new Photos app from OS X 10.10.3?

If the XML file remains largely the same.. maybe.. but I'm probably moving away from Apple's software for photos since they discontinued Aperture Sad

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - tgraf - 2015-03-30

Hi Jingai. You can view the log here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_pfie3w-_t_MDgzYV9DR2hUbmc/view?usp=sharing

Thanks.

(2015-03-30, 14:35)tgraf Wrote: Hi Jingai. You can view the log here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_pfie3w-_t_MDgzYV9DR2hUbmc/view?usp=sharing

Thanks.

Kodi is unable to access the photos:

Code:
unable to stat url smb://192.168.1.136/WD_Red_3TB/graf/Photos/iPhoto Library/Modified/2010/north_end_mar-10/20100327_2462.jpg

Does that path, exactly as it is there, actually exist?

Jingai, no the pathname does not exist. I don't know why it is there. I was assuming that when I click on <<Update Library>> the pathnames to the image files would get repopulated, and the iPhoto Library would be updated to the new pathnames, as configured.

(2015-03-30, 17:02)tgraf Wrote: Jingai, no the pathname does not exist. I don't know why it is there. I was assuming that when I click on <<Update Library>> the pathnames to the image files would get repopulated, and the iPhoto Library would be updated to the new pathnames, as configured.

But you have managed library enabled:

Code:
<setting id="managed_lib_enable" value="true" />

You're right. I set the library to unmanaged using the GUI, updated the library (which it said was successfully updated), and got the same result. I enabled debugging and checked the log again. It still gives an invalid pathname:

14:13:16 T:1573755880 DEBUG: static CStdString CTextureCacheJob::GetImageHash(const CStdString&) - unable to stat url smb://192.168.1.136/WD_Red_3TB/graf/Photos/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/christmas-09/IMG_8929.jpg

The strange thing is, the settings.xml file still says the library is managed! So, this time I manually edited the file and changed the setting to false, and replaced the file in the userdata/addon_data folder. I restarted Kodi and tried again. Same result, and the setting in the file was set back to managed!

What's going on?

Both "masters_path" and "masters_real_path" have to be set. It's re-enabling the "managed_lib_enable" setting because "masters_path" is blank (invalid).

From the included documentation:

Code:
If your library is referenced and resides on a share over the network,
you need to tell the plugin how to access the originals.  If on the
machine you use iPhoto or Aperture your originals are accessed via, for
instance, "/Volumes/Media/Pictures", they may not be mounted at the same point
on the machine on which you run XBMC.  If this is the case, you will need to
configure the "Local root path to masters" and "Rewrite root path as"
options.

I know it's confusing, but there's no way around it.. iPhoto stores in the XML the path it uses to access the files, which might not be the same way to get at that path from another machine. You need to tell the addon the path you gave to iPhoto on the Mac on which you use to edit your pictures, and how it should rewrite that path on this particular client.

If they're exactly the same, that's fine -- just enter the same path for both.

Thanks for the reply. I updated both paths in settings.xml and no luck: the log still shows the incorrect pathname. In one last try, I am using iPhoto to regenerate the library on the network drive containing the photos. If this doesn't work, I think I'll give up.

I'll be as verbose as possible since I can't really tell what you're doing:

1) Managed Library needs to be disabled,
2) The "Local root path to masters" option needs to be whatever the full path is on your Mac (hint: it's very likely to be something like "/Volumes/WD_Red_3TB/graf/Photos/Originals"),
3) The "Rewrite root path as" option needs to be how you would access that same folder from this particular client; e.g., "smb://192.168.1.136/WD_Red_3TB/graf/Photos/Originals"),
4) You must now click <<<Import Library>>> again.

If you want me to actually pin-point how you should configure it, I need a debug log of the entire above process (specifically the import, which would tell me what it expects things to look like).

edit: In case it's not really clear, neither path is for your iPhoto Library -- they're for how you access the referenced image files from both machines. Basically, the folder you pointed iPhoto at originally for the referenced masters is the "Local root path to masters". You need to make "Rewrite root path as" point to that exact same location in some notation that works on the Fire TV stick.

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - tgraf - 2015-03-31

Thanks very much for your help Jingai. What I am trying to do is very simple: I am accessing the NAS drive from the fire tv stick. I have updated the root paths as you describe and I get the same results (all pictures are blank). /Volumes/WD_Red_3TB/graf/Photos is the pathname on the mac of the actual location of the photo folders, and smb://192.168.1.136/WD_Red_3TB/graf/Photos is the pathname from the fire tv stick.

I do not know why the pathname that it being accessed (in the log) is smb://192.168.1.136/WD_Red_3TB/graf/Photos/iPhoto Library/Originals... as there is no such folder.

I have placed the log at:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g1NxV4teUgRtZ2A_U4qeOZX5U5DG11dHvE3nxx1_Kr0/edit?usp=sharing

The settings.xml files contains the following:

<settings>
<setting id="album_ignore_empty" value="true" />
<setting id="album_ignore_flagged" value="true" />
<setting id="album_ignore_published" value="true" />
<setting id="albumdata_xml_path" value="smb://192.168.1.136/WD_Red_3TB/graf/Photos/iPhoto Library" />
<setting id="auto_update_lib" value="true" />
<setting id="confluence_view_albums" value="51" />
<setting id="confluence_view_default" value="2" />
<setting id="confluence_view_events" value="0" />
<setting id="confluence_view_faces" value="500" />
<setting id="confluence_view_keywords" value="51" />
<setting id="confluence_view_places" value="500" />
<setting id="confluence_view_ratings" value="51" />
<setting id="default_sort_dir" value="0" />
<setting id="default_sort_method" value="2" />
<setting id="hidden_keywords" value="" />
<setting id="hide_import_lib" value="false" />
<setting id="hide_view_readme" value="false" />
<setting id="managed_lib_enable" value="false" />
<setting id="masters_path" value="/Volumes/WD_Red_3TB/graf/Photos" />
<setting id="masters_real_path" value="smb://192.168.1.136/WD_Red_3TB/graf/Photos" />
<setting id="metropolis_view_albums" value="" />
<setting id="metropolis_view_default" value="0" />
<setting id="metropolis_view_events" value="" />
<setting id="metropolis_view_faces" value="" />
<setting id="metropolis_view_keywords" value="" />
<setting id="metropolis_view_places" value="" />
<setting id="metropolis_view_ratings" value="" />
<setting id="places_enable" value="true" />
<setting id="places_enable_maps" value="true" />
<setting id="places_labels" value="0" />
<setting id="places_show_fanart" value="true" />
</settings>

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - jingai - 2015-03-31

I'll look into this more in-depth tomorrow -- it's possible the latest update broke something.

But just to verify first: you are using shared library with Aperture, yes?